R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Gizmo GZ1 - (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/903109-gizmo-gz1.html)

daveaustin5 12-11-2015 04:34 PM

Gizmo GZ1 -

http://ets.redrc.net/2015/12/chassis...rian-berntsen/

Interesting to say the least. We've been waiting for someone to do a TC based on a shorty battery and now we have it.

Can't wait to hear how it develops.

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...12/ber_CF2.jpg
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...12/ber_CF5.jpg

TB03Racer09 12-11-2015 04:52 PM

Interesting to see how this car goes at ETS. I wonder how pinion/spur mesh is adjusted, maybe the motor can be move vertically so that mesh is constant for both spur gears? The suspension design is also interesting, the arms remind me of the awesomatix a bit.

hanulec 12-11-2015 05:13 PM

lotta awesomatix parts on this thing.
kinda looks like xray shocks too...

really really reminds me of the Losi type-r

Dan 12-11-2015 05:56 PM

Wow, very interesting

racenut123 12-11-2015 08:32 PM

Its like an awesomatix and a Kawada sv10 bumped uglies. I like it!:tire::tire:

ThePanda 12-11-2015 08:37 PM

oof didnt see that coming.

Racing4Evo 12-11-2015 10:46 PM

Judging from the early rounds at the 1st rd ETS, the car is pretty fast.

Jamison R 12-12-2015 03:33 AM

Team magic meets awesomatix

Roelof 12-12-2015 04:17 AM

In theory more gears give more resistance but one huge pro on this system is that you can set the tinyest overdrive to the front with just one teeth smaller spur.

Designed for the use with shorty pack gives me the idea that it is not for modified. Low capacity also means a shorter 8+ volts voltage time so also bad for stock racing.

Castradamus 12-12-2015 04:58 AM

Looks like the upper links are attached to graphite plate that can slide to adjust caster!!

Jamison R 12-12-2015 05:09 AM

As mentioned in another post. You will be able to overdrive/underdrive the front to back with different size spur gears. That's gonna be interesting.

YOKOMOSHO 12-12-2015 06:49 AM

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of this car to get a better idea of how it goes together.

Like the look of the sliding caster plates (is that a good way to describe the inner upper suspension mount design?) Caster is one of my favourite tuning tools, and it looks quick to make changes. Not sure about it as a rear end adjustment though, maybe interacts with ars system somehow?

The over/underdrive possibility is fascinating too. If that's part of its design based on using two different size spur gears, how will correct gear mesh of both spur gears be accomplished? (maybe only a limited range, and only very slightly over/underdriven.)

Is droop adjustment made using grubscrews going up through the chassis at the outer edge?

Is the layshaft bulkhead arrangement actually a one piece assembly incorporating both layshafts and the motor mount piece, using only two screws to mount to the chassis down the centreline? (would love to see a pic without the spurs and motor in the car.)

Can't wait to learn more about this machine (and maybe learn my first thoughts about it were completely wrong!), even though my brain hurts already!:confused::lol:

Keith M.

jeff jenkins 12-12-2015 08:57 AM

I really like the ideas behind this car as using a second spur is lighter than having 2 more pulleys and 1 more belt. and the overdrive/under drive ability. I see the adjustable caster idea is really nice with the sliding plates and makes it a lot easier than the awesomatix method . I see the rear caster is adjustable and will assume this is there method of adjusting wheelbase just like the awesomatix. I'm not sure why everyone is always thinking you cant race competitively with a shorty pack? I have been able to race stock and mod with a shorty without any problems with power drop off during the run. also the batteries are getting better so I can see this being the future for all tc cars . only downside I see is having to add a lot of weight to meet the minimum requirements per the rules.
since this is the pre production prototype version I would like to see the finished product.

Martin Lissau 12-14-2015 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by TB03Racer09 (Post 14302469)
Interesting to see how this car goes at ETS. I wonder how pinion/spur mesh is adjusted, maybe the motor can be move vertically so that mesh is constant for both spur gears? The suspension design is also interesting, the arms remind me of the awesomatix a bit.

Hi.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at our small projekt :). The two mounting holes is vertically so it is possible to lift the motor to have the correct mesh on the spurs. However the motor is lower into the main chassis to the get lowest CG possible so the best thing to do is to change both pinon and spur at the same time to keep the motor in the same position.

Best Regards

Martin Lissau

Martin Lissau 12-14-2015 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 14302866)
In theory more gears give more resistance but one huge pro on this system is that you can set the tinyest overdrive to the front with just one teeth smaller spur.

Designed for the use with shorty pack gives me the idea that it is not for modified. Low capacity also means a shorter 8+ volts voltage time so also bad for stock racing.

We do not find any problem to run a shorty pack. When we go outdoor on the biggest tracks in the world we use maximum 4amps on 5min run with warm up laps. At this moment there are already 5,3 amps batteries from Ready.

Originally Posted by YOKOMOSHO (Post 14302968)
Looking forward to seeing more pictures of this car to get a better idea of how it goes together.

Like the look of the sliding caster plates (is that a good way to describe the inner upper suspension mount design?) Caster is one of my favourite tuning tools, and it looks quick to make changes. Not sure about it as a rear end adjustment though, maybe interacts with ars system somehow?
Caster is adjusted by moving this carbon plate back and forwards in the car. We made also the system for caster adjusting as we sometimes drive with -2 deg caster in the rear. Also it makes sense since all spare parts stays the same, front/rear, left/right :)

The over/underdrive possibility is fascinating too. If that's part of its design based on using two different size spur gears, how will correct gear mesh of both spur gears be accomplished? (maybe only a limited range, and only very slightly over/underdriven.)
With the two spur gears it is possible to have under/overdrive. But to be honest we never found it very good on our tracks :)

Is droop adjustment made using grubscrews going up through the chassis at the outer edge?
Yes. it has a plastic insert in the chassis where the screws sits. Like the awesomatix system.

Is the layshaft bulkhead arrangement actually a one piece assembly incorporating both layshafts and the motor mount piece, using only two screws to mount to the chassis down the centreline? (would love to see a pic without the spurs and motor in the car.)
Soon all will be publish. The motor mount is mounted with 4 screws to the centerline of the chassis. The drivetrain in 100% in center of the chassis as well. This gain the best balance under braking, acceleration and fast direction change.

Can't wait to learn more about this machine (and maybe learn my first thoughts about it were completely wrong!), even though my brain hurts already!:confused::lol:

Keith M.

I hope I'm able to reply to some of your questions.

We will try to publish some more details about the car soon.
Best Regards

Martin Lissau