Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I am planning on ordering a TC7.1 very soon,
anyone know (before I place my order) if TeamAssociated is coming out w/ an upgrade/new version of the TC7.1? ...I know that the 7.1 has been out for at least a year or so, so just wanted to check if anyone has heard any rumor.

thanks!
We were discussing this before. Before the TC7 came out, the factory drivers were running all kinds of different suspension pieces and geometry on their TC6.2's. To my knowledge they are still running stock TC7.1 parts. Only exception is some have gone to an Active Rear Suspension setup. I would think if there are updates it would be for ARS and possibly for an ultra short shock setup for black carpet.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by glennhl
We were discussing this before. Before the TC7 came out, the factory drivers were running all kinds of different suspension pieces and geometry on their TC6.2's. To my knowledge they are still running stock TC7.1 parts. Only exception is some have gone to an Active Rear Suspension setup. I would think if there are updates it would be for ARS and possibly for an ultra short shock setup for black carpet.
What about some sort PCS like RSD (Reflex Racing) sells? I haven't tried on carpet yet, but WOW on the asphalt.

Honestly, a TC7.2 with all 3 options would be nice but considering 1up is selling their Dynamic Toe Control - don't think that THAT company would have sold the DTC if a Factory Team Option for it or a TC7.2 Kit was forthcoming shortly in the pipeline. (I mean, we're still waiting for the T6 truck kit right?)

But those are my thoughts.
tbrymer likes this.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There was plenty of pictures from the team drivers at the Vegas race, nothing new.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

What would you really want out of a TC7.2? The only things it does have that others do are tuning options that only the best of the best can actually take advantage of (active rear toe and pitch control) and ball bearing sway bars.

I don't see a need for a .2 at this time as the .1 is a great kit for beginners to experts and is winning club races and big events all over.

I actually like that associated hasn't brought out a new kit every year with incremental changes that have very little effect to the average racer. The biggest thing those changes do is lighten the wallet.

And if you bought a .1 right now and can't get to the podium with it, getting a .2 (if there was one) wouldn't put you there either.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Pitch control would be great. I'm not the "best of the best" by any means but it gained me 2 tenths on medium grip carpet.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Is there a body post set that is taller for the front of the 7.1? Mounting up the new mustang body for vta. I know that you can shim them but I need something like 6-8 mm and don't really want to use that many shims.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

When I needed longer post, I used the HPI/HB post from the tcx series cars.

That's pretty high though. On my HPI Boss I was just one hole too short on the stock post, and on the Mcalister 69, I cut the top hole off.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

I am planning on ordering a TC7.1 very soon,
anyone know (before I place my order) if TeamAssociated is coming out w/ an upgrade/new version of the TC7.1? ...I know that the 7.1 has been out for at least a year or so, so just wanted to check if anyone has heard any rumor.

thanks!
I never buy anything at the end of Summer , Always get burned

Maybe it will be the TC8
Old 10-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks lot of good insight from all of you.
I have one more race for our points series for this season ....but w/ all the fires up here (I live in N. California) we may not be racing ...seems like everything has either burnt down and/or has been cancelled. Son's football team was going to the playoff's ...all of that is cancelled too. ...so I may just wait until all this chaos dies down. A new RC car is probably the last thing I need w/ all the devastation all around me. ...I may just give this a few weeks at least.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thanks lot of good insight from all of you.
I have one more race for our points series for this season ....but w/ all the fires up here (I live in N. California) we may not be racing ...seems like everything has either burnt down and/or has been cancelled. Son's football team was going to the playoff's ...all of that is cancelled too. ...so I may just wait until all this chaos dies down. A new RC car is probably the last thing I need w/ all the devastation all around me. ...I may just give this a few weeks at least.
Stay safe and good luck with your car.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It looks like I am going to get a TC7.1. I just started racing again and will be racing on black carpet. What springs are recommended that I pick up? Is the aluminum chassis a must and if so, which one?
Old 10-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
It looks like I am going to get a TC7.1. I just started racing again and will be racing on black carpet. What springs are recommended that I pick up? Is the aluminum chassis a must and if so, which one?
not sure with the 7.1 but I didn't build my 7 until I had the aluminum chassis. It seems to help on the black carpet.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys, I've got a couple new TC7/7.1 accessories available from 1up Racing that will help us get a couple steps closer to that 7.2 I keep reading about in here

Introducing the 1up Racing Dynamic Toe Control conversion for the Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1! This conversion utilizes genuine Team Associated parts along with custom 1up Racing C-Hubs and Inner Mounts machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for maximum durability and weight savings.

During testing, it became clear that the standard caster block design allowed for too much flex which caused the car to become very unpredictable at times, especially on bumpy surfaces. Due to the unique design of the 1up Racing C-Hub, the rear arms now retain far more material and keep their rigidity allowing the “DTC” system to work well on a wide range of surfaces and track conditions!

https://www.1upracing.com/product/1u...ol-conversion/

Next up is a simple but effective upgrade that I consider a must-have for any TC7/7.1 owner, steel steering posts that have been disconnected from the top plate. Since the arrival of the TC7 (and we even tested this arrangement on the prototype car) myself and most of the AE factory drivers have been disconnecting our steering posts from the top plate to allow the front end of the chassis to flex more. This generates more steering than the stock assembly but has a more responsive feel than floating posts.

I'm very happy to say that I have been running steel posts for roughly 9 months now without bending a single steering arm or rack, which was common when using aluminum posts!

https://www.1upracing.com/product/1u...teering-posts/

Last edited by Randy Caster; 10-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does the active toe make a difference on crc black carpet? I haven't seen anyone running it at my track.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The tc7.1 is looking very good on the crc black carpet...Anybody using ceramic bearings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.