Wiki Posts
Search

Integy 16X9 V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Integy 16X9 V6

Hopeing someone might be able to help me here,

I got the above charger and for the first time have recently tried using it to charge 4 cell packs for my 1/12th car.

I set the peak to 3mv which is as low as it'll go , told it it's charging 4 cells , a 5amp charge rate and 3300 as the battery capacity.

But it dosen't seem to ever reach the fallback and cut-off .The batteries will get very hot and even vent if left long enough ....

I think whats causing it is the pauseing between the charging phases where the voltage will drop off momentarly before the charger cuts back in again.(the charger seems to have a 5sec non-charging gap about every 45sec's)

Is this the super linear pulse ?? (crap if you ask me)
Old 11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Merciless
Hopeing someone might be able to help me here,

I got the above charger and for the first time have recently tried using it to charge 4 cell packs for my 1/12th car.

I set the peak to 3mv which is as low as it'll go , told it it's charging 4 cells , a 5amp charge rate and 3300 as the battery capacity.

But it dosen't seem to ever reach the fallback and cut-off .The batteries will get very hot and even vent if left long enough ....

I think whats causing it is the pauseing between the charging phases where the voltage will drop off momentarly before the charger cuts back in again.(the charger seems to have a 5sec non-charging gap about every 45sec's)

Is this the super linear pulse ?? (crap if you ask me)

I have the older 16X9. Do you have the cell type of NiMh set as well? If its on NiCd it will get the cells too hot. Hope this helps.

Brant
Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

it's set as NiMh but cheers for trying,

I feel sure it's the pulse charging thats doing it as the cells volts drops back everytime the charging cycle is broke , when it get's to where i feel the charger should cut out ( cells charged ) it cuts out and the volts drop back on the next charge cycle it only just about gets the volts on the cells back to where it was before the last off cycle before cutting out again
Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello, I have the same charger. And mine does the same but only 1 pack vents. My batteries at the most get about 3 to 5 degree's hotter than they should be but my packs are over 2 years old and I charge at 5.5amps with a cutoff of 5mv/cell. The way it charges if U compare it this charger acually puts more in the cells. I compared it to my Pulsar Comp and the Quasar Pro I have. I have 1 pack that takes over 4000mah with this charger. I am also using Pro-Match batteries right now. I really don't think it's the charger, but if U feel it is U can always goto integy web site forums and ask Arthur about it.

Bob