Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beef
Shouldn't most RC parts like sway bars and turn buckles, camber links and shocks be interchangeable with any car, if they're adjustable? I have a sprint2/rs4 set of adjustable turnbuckles, they seem thin and the plastic is weak,probably old, I cruised around the house and bumped a wall and the turnbuckle pushed into the plastic ballcup ruining it. Now I need new ball cups.
Yes I do believe parts are interchangeable. Usually I do research on stores like tqrcracing's "parts store."
Old 10-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clfile
I contacted HPI today about the dog bone issue, they said they will send me a pair of longer dog bone.
I just don't understand why they use this short one on the car in the first place.
I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago they got to me in about 5 days and they are 2mm longer, still needed orings though
Old 10-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
As with any car kit, the Sport 3 is no exemption. How I wish that you can buy a kit that you don't need to do that much to make it work properly.

But then again, that's the fun part of it.

It's how you built/upgraded the car that will make a difference.
agree on the built/upgrade is part of the fun of RC car, but I think most RTR work properly, maybe not perfect but work, like the infamous RTR servo. but this dog bone thing just doesn't work, it popping out on almost every corner, HPI should see this issue when they designing this car.

but at least they will send me replacement dog bone, if it fix the problem I still think this is a fun car to play with.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Normajean
I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago they got to me in about 5 days and they are 2mm longer, still needed orings though
have you try it yet? does it fix the problem?
I don't really mind to put o-ring in the cup, I did it on my Xray and Tamiya anyways.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by clfile
have you try it yet? does it fix the problem?
I don't really mind to put o-ring in the cup, I did it on my Xray and Tamiya anyways.
Yes it did for me, my problem mostly was axle chatter while turning because the axles were so short when the wheels were turned they would almost slip out and chatter side to side. Only had an axle pop out twice, but I'm running the e30 m3 not the porsche with 9t brushless, 8mm offset, light springs in front and laid out front suspension.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

That would seriously be a fun kit... Anyone know the expected price?
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
That would seriously be a fun kit... Anyone know the expected price?
Tower Hobbies is selling the Flux for $319.98.

They always have coupon codes which you can enter upon check out plus you can also avail of their easy pay.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/hpi/hpid4350.html
Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ghostgr
Got my car back. They didn't fix the axles. All the did was trim the body properly. Rather disappointed.
No surprise there. I bought my first hpi product 2 weeks ago. It came with wrong esc. I called the distributor where I got it from, they spoke to hpi told them the first batch of sport 3 drift came with esc from sport 2 and that the manual should have the same esc that's in my rc.

That was also a lie, hpi made no effort to fix the problem. It's my first & last hpi product I ever buy
Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's actually the big deal about the ESC?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
What's actually the big deal about the ESC?
I just went to HPI's website and I saw this. See on the lower left corner, it says "Specification may be subject to change"
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-sport3.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I just went to HPI's website and I saw this. See on the lower left corner, it says "Specification may be subject to change"
Wow that is pretty ridiculous I got everything that was supposed come with my car but I did notice in the 3 different manuals I got there were a few different options of parts, like a manual for a radio I didn't have and esc I didn't have lol. They had enough time to get everything situated and get it right but I think they were just lazy.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

I hope that all these comments reach the HPI guys. All that's needed is for them to address these issues which to me doesn't take a lot of effort to fix.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My question wasn't answered. So what if it came with a different ESC? Does it actually perform worse, or are you just upset that it's not exactly what you expected? It's just a bunch of transistors with a microprocessor that governs their operation, if it does the job then who cares what the label says?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
My question wasn't answered. So what if it came with a different ESC? Does it actually perform worse, or are you just upset that it's not exactly what you expected? It's just a bunch of transistors with a microprocessor that governs their operation, if it does the job then who cares what the label says?
Not to start an argument with anyone but +1 on your comment.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys,
I've been lurking this thread for a while now. I wanted a new basher with a sealed drivetrain so I took the plunge and bought this car knowing the issues that you guys have been very vocal about.

So I'm not sure if I got a newer version but I haven't experienced any of the issues you guys have been experiencing. My dog-bones don't pop out and my car tracks straight (I've run about 7 packs through this car). I have however stripped 2 spur gears since my first run. The first stripped spur gear was the factory RTR gear mesh. I am only running 2S 60C lipos with the stock Flux brushless system. I hope this problem does not persist. Anyone else stripping spur gears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.