Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery and motor position playing "weight transfer" theory confusion:

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Battery and motor position playing "weight transfer" theory confusion:

Could anyone tell me if i should put the weight front or rear then means would gain or losing traction?

Since i saw the below sheet from Destiny then makes me even more misunderstanding.

It says more front weight it gains traction which is completely opposite about my knowledge.

Could someone explain me?

Could someone plays FWD cars could explain if battery mount horizontal style (MTS FF) or vertical (FF03,FF04) is better gain traction?

In fact i run in small but lack traction carpet surface then saw someone run MTS FF V2 which put shorty battery as original but he add 60G lead in rear.

Could someone explain to me, please?

Last edited by mac853; 01-15-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Weight forward - more front grip, tends to feel more neutral, tendency to understeer. Best for low/med grip.

Go too much front and car will not turn well mid corner and will understeer badly.

Weight backward - more rear grip, tends to feel more darty. tendency to oversteer. Best for med/high grip.

Go too much rear and initial turn in will be poor and will snap oversteer.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cplus
Weight forward - more front grip, tends to feel more neutral, tendency to understeer. Best for low/med grip.

Go too much front and car will not turn well mid corner and will understeer badly.

Weight backward - more rear grip, tends to feel more darty. tendency to oversteer. Best for med/high grip.

Ok, since works on both type of cars.
In fact i still cannot understand why people add rear weight in case put lipo vertically.
Maybe for gaining oversteer?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

This is full of contradictions.

Can’t have more front grip and tend towards understeer, or more rear grip and tent towards oversteer unless something is being defined incorrectly.

Tires like load, not mass. Mass doesn’t like changing direction, but tires (typically) generate more grip with more load.

There are lots of things at play with car balance, however more rear weight distribution will almost always equal a more more neutral / free car when cornering.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MReggio13
This is full of contradictions.

Can’t have more front grip and tend towards understeer, or more rear grip and tent towards oversteer unless something is being defined incorrectly.
I was writing it as if in the process of cornering. So for front weight, more initial grip, then feels quite neutral as turning in but can then sometimes tend to understeer at mid and exit. As you say, cause the weight doesn't like to change direction. Can helps with tyre load at first, but hinders completing the whole corner.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

I was writing it as if in the process of cornering. So for front weight, more initial grip, then feels quite neutral as turning in but can then sometimes tend to understeer at mid and exit. As you say, cause the weight doesn't like to change direction. Can helps with tyre load at first, but hinders completing the whole corner.
Mid corner and exit?
Ok, thanks!