Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Armature replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Default Armature replacement

I have few Team Orion V2 motor 8T, I'm thinking to buy Trinity D6 single flat wire 8T armatures for replacement.

Is it possible ?

Is it worth it $ 34.99 for armature vs. $59.99 for new motor ? what do you guys normally do ?

I can't find team orion direct armature replacement at tower hobbies except trinity and checkpoint armatures.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.teambr00d.com

They can wind you an armature for your specific needs. Their arms are dialed....

~Jack
Old 10-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also, I wouldn't have the trinity arm as a gift, they dont get the same care and attention as someone like Team Br00d gives. IMO Br00d arms are wound better and they are drill ballanced. I personally think epoxy balanced arms are junk, I have had the epoxy shift and come unbalanced or it can also chip off.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asw7576
I have few Team Orion V2 motor 8T, I'm thinking to buy Trinity D6 single flat wire 8T armatures for replacement.

Is it possible ?

Is it worth it $ 34.99 for armature vs. $59.99 for new motor ? what do you guys normally do ?

I can't find team orion direct armature replacement at tower hobbies except trinity and checkpoint armatures.
I normally buy new motors. The armature and motor can are usually matched together with the endbell.

But the most powerful motor I've ever had was one I threw together from old parts from various manufacturers late in the night before race. This can had melted endbell, that endbell came from motor that got small rock inside, that armature came out of nowhere??? (I think it was from D5). I only wish I knew what parts I put in it. I've never been able to build another one like it.

The moral of the story is. Buy the armature if you are on a budget, otherwise buy the whole motor.

And don't be afraid to experiment, even wind your own armatures, if you wind the armature carefully, it's usually pretty well balanced, you can put 3.6 - 4.8 volts on the motor and if it doesn't vibrate a lot as you hold it in your hand it should be ok on the track. This is also a good test for new motors. Some manufacturers don't balance their motors very well.

Look at the Brood armatures. But always when someone has the need to tell you things twice. I get the feeling he's trying to convince himself more than you. Sorry Jack.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A trinity arm in a v2 can would be illegal for racing by all sanctioning bodies or any tracks adhering to their rules...

We sell replacement arms for pretty much every current motor available.....and the results on the track to back up the quality...

Later EddieO
Old 10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EddieO
A trinity arm in a v2 can would be illegal for racing by all sanctioning bodies or any tracks adhering to their rules...

We sell replacement arms for pretty much every current motor available.....and the results on the track to back up the quality...

Later EddieO
I'm racing in Indonesia, less restricted governing bodies here, except for national race event.

btw, I visit your website. what the difference between carpet and asphalt armatures ?

Last edited by asw7576; 10-14-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

I thought in modified racing anything goes! brushless, any wind motor, etc etc.?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Why your armatures are consider legal for sanctioned race ?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trinity motors use the Tokoyo Mechs arms.....they have for years. The same arm was approved in the d4, d5, d6, cobalt, and shock....trinity based arms are only legal for use in trinity based motors.

I stock the trinity based arms to use with the trinity motors....

V2 motors use the sagami blanks, in either 4mm or 5mm.....this same arm is used in the Reedy Ti, Pt, and Checkpoint motors.....its a basic arm blank from sagami.

I stock the 4mm and 5mm arms for use with Reedy Ti and Pt, V2, and Checkpoint based motors.

When you order from our site, it lets you select what arm type you want....so we ship you the correct arm for your motor.

If you put a trinity arm in a v2 can, that would be a hybird motor as per the rules.

If you put a replacement v2 arm in your v2 can, it will be 100% legal for use by ROAR or IFMAR (BRCA has different rules, you might want to check)....

Besides, you are swapping arms among cans they were not designed to work with.....

In Indonesia, I sell lots of arms there to customers, never had an issue....

The reason you don't see Orion replacement arms, is that I don't think they sell them anymore.....I think Rick from Orion posted something to that nature.

www.teambrood.com

Later EddieO
Old 10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EddieO
Trinity motors use the Tokoyo Mechs arms.....they have for years. The same arm was approved in the d4, d5, d6, cobalt, and shock....trinity based arms are only legal for use in trinity based motors.

I stock the trinity based arms to use with the trinity motors....

V2 motors use the sagami blanks, in either 4mm or 5mm.....this same arm is used in the Reedy Ti, Pt, and Checkpoint motors.....its a basic arm blank from sagami.

I stock the 4mm and 5mm arms for use with Reedy Ti and Pt, V2, and Checkpoint based motors.

When you order from our site, it lets you select what arm type you want....so we ship you the correct arm for your motor.

If you put a trinity arm in a v2 can, that would be a hybird motor as per the rules.

If you put a replacement v2 arm in your v2 can, it will be 100% legal for use by ROAR or IFMAR (BRCA has different rules, you might want to check)....

Besides, you are swapping arms among cans they were not designed to work with.....

In Indonesia, I sell lots of arms there to customers, never had an issue....

The reason you don't see Orion replacement arms, is that I don't think they sell them anymore.....I think Rick from Orion posted something to that nature.

www.teambrood.com

Later EddieO
COOL !!! So you really have V2 blank armatures !! I also want armatures for Reedy Pt.

2 arms for Orion V2 8T single
2 arms for Reedy Pt 9T single

What is your e-mail ?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

[email protected]

You can order the arms right from the site.....www.teambrood.com

Later EddieO