Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Serpent 12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I talked to Chicky. he told me to reem them out. So i have done that. the kingpin feels better then before. As for proforamce. we will see

Nick K
Old 09-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
I talked to Chicky. he told me to reem them out. So i have done that. the kingpin feels better then before. As for proforamce. we will see

Nick K
Have you had a chance to run your LTR yet? I'm curious on the feedback of these on pavement.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, I had the chance to run the car this weekend, I was having esc gremlins which limited my track time, Only had the chance to run one heat. I started b-main pole and was on a huge tear will I was taken out by a back marker which ended up in a 4 car pile-up in which my motor ended up moving. But with that been said. the car was very nice to drive, it had great turn in, tracked straight. I ran the car in stock trim. Im very happy and looking forward to running again next weekend.

I'd sure like it if we have some of the team drivers make some videos on set-up and explaining cause and effect of set-up changes.

Nick K
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sitting here counting the day till my car get here. looking forward to setting faster lap times
Old 11-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, Is anyone running an aftermarket kit axle? if yes which one. I am still running my in factory one in mine. Car has been working great but still not 100% sure about the diff set-up/feel. It seems to work fine but feels gritty even if its on a fresh re-build/break in? I have felt other diffs and other are super smooth compared to mine. But still loving the car. Next big race Dec 11-13 in the great city of Minot ND

Nick K
Old 11-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, Is anyone running an aftermarket kit axle? if yes which one. I am still running my in factory one in mine. Car has been working great but still not 100% sure about the diff set-up/feel. It seems to work fine but feels gritty even if its on a fresh re-build/break in? I have felt other diffs and other are super smooth compared to mine. But still loving the car. Next big race Dec 11-13 in the great city of Minot ND

Nick K
I run the Pro One rear axle and hubs. I also use Serpent's ceramic diff balls and stock d-rings. The Pro One setup is quite a bit lighter if I remember correctly.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running a serpent 12th scale for quite a while. Does anyone know if theres a set of ride heights that are made of anything else but plastic ???
Old 11-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Cody. I checked out there site and they are out of stock sadly. are serpent axles a standard size? or unique to serpent and the pro one axle?

Nick K
Old 11-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Cody. I checked out there site and they are out of stock sadly. are serpent axles a standard size? or unique to serpent and the pro one axle?

Nick K
Let me see if there's any available.

The Serpent uses standard bearings and such, but the hubs use metric screws I believe. Pro One uses standard hubs.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

why are people changing the rear axle? my diff is very smooth and works good.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

ok i see and yes the aftermarket axle is lighter and car roles better. my car get better every weekend.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
why are people changing the rear axle? my diff is very smooth and works good.
The are a number of issues with the default axle. The diff rings are grooved, the axle is heavy. My wheels (Pro One) have a offset similar to the yokomo so you need a different axle and hubs anyway.

Steve
Old 01-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi guys i am new to 1:12 and just have a question on setting up steering throw and servo saver on my new s120.
first i ditched the standard servo saver for a kimborough one and what i tried to achieve was to have a perfect centered servo (savox sh-1250mg) with the straightest servo saver saver setting.

my radio has about -40 trim to the right and i have set the epa for equal left to right steering throw. the problem is depending on how much dual rate i set the left to right steering throw changes on one side more than the other?

my question is how have you setup your servo saver and is it normal to have so much trim one way? i also used high strenght double sided tape to mount the servo to the chassis
Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi guys i am new to 1:12 and just have a question on setting up steering throw and servo saver on my new s120.
first i ditched the standard servo saver for a kimborough one and what i tried to achieve was to have a perfect centered servo (savox sh-1250mg) with the straightest servo saver saver setting.

my radio has about -40 trim to the right and i have set the epa for equal left to right steering throw. the problem is depending on how much dual rate i set the left to right steering throw changes on one side more than the other?

my question is how have you setup your servo saver and is it normal to have so much trim one way? i also used high strenght double sided tape to mount the servo to the chassis
Savox servos have an offset which is different to most servos.

Get the McPappy Savox servo case.

http://www.mcpappyracing.com/store/p...Case-Core.html

With your trim settings, are you using regular trim or subtrim?

When you have your trim with uneven values such as -40 to the right. That should sound off some alarm bells with your steering setup. As I pointed out this is obviously due to your servo. In the mean time, you can still use the servo, but the steering throw should be adjusted independently left and right. If you adjust it as a whole which you have been doing, then you're going to run into your problem you mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Thanks for the reply
when i mount the savox servo i didnt use the mounting holes on the chassis because it was way off which is why i used the double sided tape to centre the servo with the servo saver straight up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.