Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC lower retail on high end packs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SMC lower retail on high end packs.

As of September 1st SMC is proud to announce a drop in retail on our matched IB3800s. This drop in retail is to help local tracks and shops be able to offer our high quality matched packs at similar prices found online from matchers selling directly to racers.

IB3806 which is our best specs now retails for 90.00 with an estimated street price of 69.95.

IB3804 which is our 4 cell pack with the best specs now retails for 60.00 with an estimated street price of 44.95.

IB3806E which is our mid level pack now retails for 60.00 with an estimated street price of 44.95.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Not SMC related, but battery related. Are GP3300 still made, or are we, when buying GP3300, picking 'old' stock?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is there a second generation 3800 battery coming out soon?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by semper
Not SMC related, but battery related. Are GP3300 still made, or are we, when buying GP3300, picking 'old' stock?

I believe they are still being made but the volume being matched has surely dropped by allot.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Is there a second generation 3800 battery coming out soon?

IB is comitted to make the best possible cell and that being said they are always trying to tweak and improve the cells. So far from what we have seen with the power this cell provides I don't think that an increase of .003-.006 will make a big difference. The last 2 batches has seen a change in one of the materials and the cells are now 1 gram lighter and there is a bit more average voltage. We sent packs to a few drivers with some of the previous batches and they told us performance on the track was the same.

I think the biggest challenge is finding the proper motor setup for the extra power that these cells provide.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

sounds great!for what its worth,i got my SMC IB 3800 for $38.he said he wants to sell a battery for how much power its got ie...3600 for $36.great news!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Company Representative

Just thought I would give a bit of advice that maybe uncommon for a business person/owner.

With the battery market changing at a rapid pace I strongly reccomend that racers buy a few packs at a time for the start of the indoor season. The reason I feel this is important is that IB is working hard on making the best possible cells.

We have now received 7 different shipments of IB3800 and they have all been a bit better than the previous shipment. The one thing that has been consistent is the low IR and when track testing packs with .01 higher average voltage per cell they didn't run much different. Now I know part of RC racing is bench racing so the racers are looking for the highest looking numbers on the stickers. So with this in mind and the posibility of better batches being likely racers should not buy 10 packs at time and only buy enough to get them through a race day. We know that the packs can be used 2 times per day when they have rested a few hours in between runs so 2 packs per class should be enough.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Danny--Thanks for the good news! And for the info!!

Brant
Old 09-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is good advice, Danny.

And kudos to SMC to lowering their prices too. As distributors for SMC batts in AU, we know it can be quite hard for hobby shops to stock our batts when they know customers can get simliar priced matched batts from matchers who sell direct to the racers online.

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Just thought I would give a bit of advice that maybe uncommon for a business person/owner.

With the battery market changing at a rapid pace I strongly reccomend that racers buy a few packs at a time for the start of the indoor season. The reason I feel this is important is that IB is working hard on making the best possible cells.

We have now received 7 different shipments of IB3800 and they have all been a bit better than the previous shipment. The one thing that has been consistent is the low IR and when track testing packs with .01 higher average voltage per cell they didn't run much different. Now I know part of RC racing is bench racing so the racers are looking for the highest looking numbers on the stickers. So with this in mind and the posibility of better batches being likely racers should not buy 10 packs at time and only buy enough to get them through a race day. We know that the packs can be used 2 times per day when they have rested a few hours in between runs so 2 packs per class should be enough.

Hope this helps.