Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rear Diff

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rear Diff

Was cleaning me evo out today and cleanign the bearings etc and putting some lube on the gears etc and when i got it ack together revved it up, I decided to hold the back wheel and when on full throttle, with quite a bit of ease i could stop the back wheel moving whereas in the front with the oneway I couldnt. Is this meant to happen as it seemed the back wheels had little power going to them
Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes.The one way acts like a spool under power so both wheels will pull.The diff acts like that when one or the other tire is being held like that.I wouldn't think you could hold both rear tires.If that happens check your car.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I did that, i set the transmitter to just over half throttle, its a bit harder to hold but not as hard as the oneway at all. Does it need tightening or not? If so, how do i tighten it
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this an XRAY?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

there should be a screw in one side of the diff outdrives just tighten that and the diff will tighten, not to tight tho you still want the diff to slip ever so slightyl
Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i just did that, thanks the diff is now harder to hold, someone told me to hold one wheel and the spur then try turn the other wheel and the wheel should be hard to turn while hurting your finger, before it hurt a bit now its quite hrd to turn without squaling pain. Thanks guys