Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revo Dan
1015 mike 1015.
did you get a touring car dan?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

well guys today I finally got the car to the track and after about 10 laps the rear a arm shattered and I lost the outter hinge pin....what are some parts I should be carrying with me?

I noticed the tc6.1 seems sooo much lighter on the track than my tc4 but I didn't have the parts to fix the tc6.1 and finished the day with the tc4.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bo duke
well guys today I finally got the car to the track and after about 10 laps the rear a arm shattered and I lost the outter hinge pin....what are some parts I should be carrying with me?

I noticed the tc6.1 seems sooo much lighter on the track than my tc4 but I didn't have the parts to fix the tc6.1 and finished the day with the tc4.
Well a set of arms isnt bad and definitely a set of caster blocks some spare ball cups because you can split one rather easy a spare spur incase your strip yours some spare lower roll center blocks if you hit the wall a lot

I break caster blocks and ball cups stripped out one sterring knuckle but thats all ive broken in the year I raced it with stock arms oh you should also carry a spare servo saver if you hit the wall a lot broke mine a week before I got my 6.2
Old 01-21-2014, 03:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

are you saying a arms are a common problem?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bo duke
are you saying a arms are a common problem?
The arms are not a problem. The car is pretty tough!
Keep in mind, the TC6.1 is a racing car and is designed to perform well in racing conditions. If you are hitting stuff... You are not racing. Don't expect it to be as durable as a traxxas vehicle because... it's a race car. Continue to work on chassis setup and as you learn how to make the car perform your driving skill will also improve. Before you know it, broken parts are a thing of the past. You will just wear things out because you are turning so many laps.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=YoDog;12933812]The arms are not a problem. The car is pretty tough!
Keep in mind, the TC6.1 is a racing car and is designed to perform well in racing conditions. If you are hitting stuff... You are not racing. Don't expect it to be as durable as a traxxas vehicle because... it's a race car. Continue to work on chassis setup and as you learn how to make the car perform your driving skill will also improve. Before you know it, broken parts are a thing of the past. You will just wear things out because you are turning so many laps.[/

the problem is the car is a race car and im not much of a racer. I noticed I built the front suspension wrong and had more caster on the left and almost none on the right side. Ive been turning laps and slowly getting better but im still faster with my tc4. my fast lap with the tc4 was 14.9 lap and my fast lap with the tc6.1 is 16.1...now that ive made the caster adjustment I hope for a better lap time.