Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A couple of quick questions......

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default A couple of quick questions......

Good evening everyone, I'm just now getting back into the RC Hobby after being away for 5-6 years. I already own a TC3 team kit (which I bought in 99) and built myself. This car represented my first ever REAL RC car.....so needless to say I am GREEG when it comes to RC. I'm considering trading for a pair of RS4's......which have been modded quite a bit.

My questions are this.....

First off, I am a BIG Chevy S10 truck/Blazer fanatic..... and I know Parma and Bolink have produced both of these previously. Will these bodies be easy to adapt to my TC3 and potential RS4 chassis??? I realize that I can get taller body mounts to make these fit most likey......but I was curious if anyone had done this previously. Also, would other Bolink bodies fit easily?

Secondly,I'd like to change the wheels on my TC3.........what brands of wheels fit the TC3 or RS4's easily?? Is it possible to use other brands of wheels by using some kind of adapters?

Thirdly, I'm a BIG fan of drag racing......and would really like to build one of the RS4's or convert my TC3 to be a rear whel driver only.......to put more power to the rear wheels. Does this sound crazy??? All I'd need to do is remove the driveshaft/belts from the cars,right?

Fourthly, I really want to get some wheels similiar to these:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKKV7&P=7

Would those fit the rear of my TC3??? I'd like to go with the wide rears....and some skinnies up front.....like a drag racing style.......

I apologize if these questions seem ignorant...... as I said I am really a newbie to the hobby.....and just need a little push in the right direction

THANKS for any and all help,

Brian
Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

????? Turn a TC3 into A RWD???? I dont think that can be done but then again you can get a little creative and try some stuff out. If you got the cash and some spare time do some research then experament.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rickster2005
????? Turn a TC3 into A RWD???? I dont think that can be done but then again you can get a little creative and try some stuff out. If you got the cash and some spare time do some research then experament.

Sure, why not??? Esentially all I'd need to do is remove the drive shaft I think........