Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I am using a Yokomo shock end and spring retainer. For asphalt I run my shocks at 62mm, for carpet I cut about 2mm off the shock shaft and run them at 61mm.

Thanks for the answer.
How do you measure ? From end to end ? Or from hole to hole ?

Sébastien
Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Glad to help. Those dimensions are taken from end to end.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thinking about picking up a TC6.2 cause Amain has them for a great price but does this mean a new kit is coming? Kinda scared to buy one open the box and it be outdated!
Old 12-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Awe man, I looked at it at Amain, and I think it broke.

The front end is about as strong as wet paper mache.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim W.
Thinking about picking up a TC6.2 cause Amain has them for a great price but does this mean a new kit is coming? Kinda scared to buy one open the box and it be outdated!
Yes, a new kit is coming.
I did the same. 1 week after I bought my 6.1, the 6.1WC came out.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

I got the Reedy 17.5 1s for this car. Does one gear the same way, around 4 or do they gear a tad lower given the higher rpm in this car?
Old 12-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have a fully loaded TC6.2 for sale in the For Sale thread. TC6.2 complete minus the Transponder and Receiver. Car, LRP Flow speedo,Servo,Battery and all the needed hop ups,Tuning Has allum front castor blocks,RDS Pistons,Yok Springs,Yeah Fan,RDS Fan mount,Front Gear diff ect ect.. Plus tons of spares. [email protected] .
Old 12-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow everybody must be sleeping on this site. The TC 7 has been introduced!

Check out the associated web site here.

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-tc7_1280x855_md%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They created a whole new thread for the new car
Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

yeah, there she is, and i impressed, al the things that i would see changed are updated.
So , also the next season... i stike to AE.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TC5Driven
Wow everybody must be sleeping on this site. The TC 7 has been introduced!

Check out the associated web site here.

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_.../Factory_Team/
There you go:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...uring-car.html
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Now that the Tc7 is on its way Ive been looking on the Hobby websites and the Tc6.2 is stll pretty much still full priced. Guess Ill still use the 6.0 a little longer
Old 12-23-2015, 12:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

For anyone holding onto their 6.2 looking for an aluminum chassis I have an Avid chassis with 4 days on it still in very good condition. About a .2mm bow front to back but still sits flat side to side, flattens out fine on droop blocks. One small scuff on the chamfering at the bottom, other than that just worn anodizing from the droop screws. $50 shipped in USA just PM if interested.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Getting my TC6.2 together as my new VTA ride, a couple questions came up...

Question1: the eccentric cams that adjust belt tension and diff height...MY 6.2 manual lists the part numbers for the old TC5 pieces, the inner and outer sold separately. I'm pretty sure my 6.1 calls out the same pieces. NOW the 6.2 manual I just referenced lists a different part number for the cams AND both the inner and outer pieces are sold all together under one part number. Is there actually a difference with these cams on the 6.2 or are they just packaging the old parts together the way they always should have been?

Question 2: what is the deal with the .5mm shims spacing all the suspension mounts up from the chassis plate. What are these actually doing (other than making service a PITA)?

Question 3: a bit more "general" than the other questions, but what is the effect of raising and lowering the differential relative to the chassis? Trying to get the axles as straight as possible at your "selected" droop setting and ride height, or is there more to this? Differential height is not addressed in any of my setup guides (but then again neither was arm sweep...).

Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:59 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Getting my TC6.2 together as my new VTA ride, a couple questions came up...

Question1: the eccentric cams that adjust belt tension and diff height...MY 6.2 manual lists the part numbers for the old TC5 pieces, the inner and outer sold separately. I'm pretty sure my 6.1 calls out the same pieces. NOW the 6.2 manual I just referenced lists a different part number for the cams AND both the inner and outer pieces are sold all together under one part number. Is there actually a difference with these cams on the 6.2 or are they just packaging the old parts together the way they always should have been?

Question 2: what is the deal with the .5mm shims spacing all the suspension mounts up from the chassis plate. What are these actually doing (other than making service a PITA)?

Question 3: a bit more "general" than the other questions, but what is the effect of raising and lowering the differential relative to the chassis? Trying to get the axles as straight as possible at your "selected" droop setting and ride height, or is there more to this? Differential height is not addressed in any of my setup guides (but then again neither was arm sweep...).

Thanks!!
#1 If I remember correctly the new number has more adjustment range than the older cams.

#2 It changes the hinge pin height which affects the roll centers. basically its part of the set up. We have optional CF ones that are one piece and slotted to slide under the arm mount. Less PITA.

#3 Raising and lowering the diff affects the car under braking and acceleration. You already mentioned getting the bones lining up with the out-drives. When they don't line up it makes the cars attitude change on power and off. For instance we used to run the front diff higher than the rear as it tended to help the car steer a little better out of the corner under power. Now we mostly just run med low front and rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.