Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC GHOST VTA spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So are there going to be any more available .....out of stock every where I looked.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 18to88
So are there going to be any more available .....out of stock every where I looked.
I am also wondering this

Colin
Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

is there a link to the manual for this car anyplace?? I'd like to see the build process before I consider buying one
Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gonzo007
I am also wondering this

Colin
apexrcproshop.com has 1 ghost left.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

we have them in stock sold (3) last week..... what a great car for the price.... I have a hybrid steering system some of my rack components from the Flash also fit. replacing the bushing in the rack with bearings would be a big help. also think the steering stiffener from the D06 may also help take some of the slop out
Old 02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default manual

Originally Posted by k_bojar
is there a link to the manual for this car anyplace?? I'd like to see the build process before I consider buying one
You can look at or download the manual at vbcracing.com look under the support tab.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team VBC Racing
You can look at or download the manual at vbcracing.com look under the support tab.
already did that, multiple times. and you have ever other model EXPECT for the ghost and just check before I responded

Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
already did that, multiple times. and you have ever other model EXPECT for the ghost and just check before I responded

The ghost is pretty similar to the Wildfire, so you can check that manual out and see the build.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...f-9d9976f20c6c
Old 02-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
The ghost is pretty similar to the Wildfire, so you can check that manual out and see the build.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...f-9d9976f20c6c
I guess that'll work - but was really hoping to see the ghost manual.

not sure why they don't have it on their site..

never saw the explanation as to why VBC Racing's price (which i'm guess in the retail price) is less then you can buy it elsewhere
Old 02-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

So my ghost was supposed to arrive today. Checked tracking while at work and said out for delivery. Got home no package, no note, wife said no knock at door all day. Tracking online said attemp to deliver, note left.

The local post office will be getting a very big piece of my mind tommorow. I was supposed to get three packages today. The all got paid for priority shipping. None of them arrived. I was very dissapointed and will have to wait to tinker tommorow. This kind of thing is unacceptable. The weather here has been bright warm and sunny since Friday.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

3 race old ghost for sale here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13022496
Old 02-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Just got my ghost put together. I really like the white plastics. Makes the chassis pop. I might have to get some for the DO5 Im running in TC. The build went pretty well. Not to impressed with the manual and the layout of the parts bags. Ive seen better, but I seen a whole lot worse. Definately need some mechanical skill to get through it. I aslo was not to impressed with the shock pistons. I had to do alot of sanding to get them smooth enough to fit without binding. But I did like how it came with lots of extra hardware. And the fit of all the parts (save shock pistons) was great.

I do have one question though, is the kit supposed to come with the upper deck belt guide? My kit did not have one in the box, this was the only thing that seemed to be missing. How important is this part?

I am painting up my J71 for it now. As soon its all done, Ill get some pics up.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Just got my ghost put together. I really like the white plastics. Makes the chassis pop. I might have to get some for the DO5 Im running in TC. The build went pretty well. Not to impressed with the manual and the layout of the parts bags. Ive seen better, but I seen a whole lot worse. Definately need some mechanical skill to get through it. I aslo was not to impressed with the shock pistons. I had to do alot of sanding to get them smooth enough to fit without binding. But I did like how it came with lots of extra hardware. And the fit of all the parts (save shock pistons) was great.

I do have one question though, is the kit supposed to come with the upper deck belt guide? My kit did not have one in the box, this was the only thing that seemed to be missing. How important is this part?

I am painting up my J71 for it now. As soon its all done, Ill get some pics up.
No belt guide in the kit.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Well glad to hear there is no giude in the kit so as far as QC control on kits, its still an A+. But that means that the manual is even worse than previous thought. There is a whole page and several steps that tel you how to put on the belt guide. Why is that even in the manual if the parts are not included in the kit?

I think I like how heavy the chassis is. Shouodntbhave to add much if any weight to it, and it keeps the weight absolutly as low as it can be. I also like the steering system. Now if it just had bearings (easily upgraded) and aluminum bellcranks then it would be awesome.

I can't wait to get this car on the track this weekend.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

The Ghost ready to haunt other drivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.