Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here are some good pics that explain how to adjust droop on the X1...

Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

New piece for the X1...

Old 07-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know all manufacturers have issues however I am posting my disgust at Xray and HEI for the poor treatment of a customer. My new kit came with the wrong shock bladder and after months and months I still cannot get a replacement part from either Xray or Xray's distributor HEI in Australia. I bought this as a full retail kit but the support experience has been terrible.

I'm not sure what I have to do to actually get what I paid for but clearly my strategy of being nice and giving them time is not working. This is what you get for trying to support local. Had I bought this from rcmart or a Us online shop I am sure I would have received a better customer service experience.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luda
I know all manufacturers have issues however I am posting my disgust at Xray and HEI for the poor treatment of a customer. My new kit came with the wrong shock bladder and after months and months I still cannot get a replacement part from either Xray or Xray's distributor HEI in Australia. I bought this as a full retail kit but the support experience has been terrible.

I'm not sure what I have to do to actually get what I paid for but clearly my strategy of being nice and giving them time is not working. This is what you get for trying to support local. Had I bought this from rcmart or a Us online shop I am sure I would have received a better customer service experience.
As a fellow aussie i can agree that HEI sucks big time. I bet when you ask about the part, their reply is: "It will be in the next shipment in about 2 weeks...." Am i right?
I have given up on HEI, i always buy my parts from RCMART, and i refuse to give HEI the satisfaction of my money. I remember when i needed parts for my old T3 for a major race event I kept being told that the parts were "2 weks away...". After 3 months of waiting i phones them up and tore them a new one and told them to go shove it.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:51 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

2s / 21.5t mmpr
-----------------

Got a TP installed with Tekin Pro esc
What mmpr and timing would you suggest for indoors on carpet?
Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
This is a very exciting race to watch! I have never heard Scotty Ernst so excited as when Jan Rathiesky was side-by-side with David Ehrbar down the full length of the back straight (see 5:27 mark in video)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Simply AWESOME!!!!! Had I been in either of those driver's shoes I would have nuked and lost it. Scotty always brings the excitement!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by luda

You know they switched the shock bladder early on right? So you probably got the one everyone got in your batch. I know people that like both bladders better, it's not like you are missing a part...
Old 07-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

I heard some rumor about an aluminum chassis for the X1. Anybody else hear this?
Old 07-10-2015, 02:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

f1rc.net

Alum chassis
Old 07-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone running a rear diffuser on the X1? If so could you post pic?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CFR
2s / 21.5t mmpr
-----------------

Got a TP installed with Tekin Pro esc
What mmpr and timing would you suggest for indoors on carpet?
We use FDR on the F1's

What size spur?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am looking for the aluminum caster/camber inserts #372325, 372326, 372327, and 372328. I found them at The Border, but was wondering if anyone knew if they might be in stock elsewhere.

Scott
Old 07-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Jay,

The bladder I received was so large it did not fit inside the shock and the shock was unbuildable. I am not sure what issue you are talking about before but the bladder I received was completely wrong for the shock body. I would expect that the bladder provided would actually fit in the shock body as standard issue. This was my problem. Xray authorised the replacement. It was just never shipped. So regardless of what the issue was the slackness of HEI meant that I never received what even Xray themselves thought I should.

Which was my entire point. No problem with Xray. My problem is with HEI who are the distributor in Aus.

Originally Posted by JayL
You know they switched the shock bladder early on right? So you probably got the one everyone got in your batch. I know people that like both bladders better, it's not like you are missing a part...
Old 07-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

How many of you would be interested in a Team Tamale aluminum chassis and lower pod plate for the X1? Just trying to gauge the interest to decide if this would be worth pursuing. PM me or email me at [email protected] if interested.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I am interested. Hopefully a better price than X-ray.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.