Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 IIC -- Tech Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Top effort here Syndrome!

Having compiled many tech charts for magazines, race reports, race videos etc etc, I can tell you that the easiest way is probably to actually grab that info at the track. I usually do it before the mains start, when everyone usually has a little time. Often that makes it easier than scrambling around afterwards trying to remember or find out what they ran!

But keep up the good work, I think the thread shows how much tech charts are appreciated!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Top effort here Syndrome!

Having compiled many tech charts for magazines, race reports, race videos etc etc, I can tell you that the easiest way is probably to actually grab that info at the track. I usually do it before the mains start, when everyone usually has a little time. Often that makes it easier than scrambling around afterwards trying to remember or find out what they ran!

But keep up the good work, I think the thread shows how much tech charts are appreciated!
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it!

It's definitely easiest if I can get access to the tech sheets filled out for driver introductions, or try to record the race somehow. I'm attending the Halloween Classic next week, and may try using the voice recorder option on my phone to grab the intros.

The reason I stopped doing this last year is because it's a lot of work, and people are often not all that forthcoming for whatever reason. But once the d3.5 got banned, we suddenly found ourselves looking at the old results trying to remember what was fast before it was released. It also seems to be one of the only archives for the actual race results, which is unfortunate.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Syndrome,

If you'd like to add all the body data, I logged all the PROTOform-equipped cars on our race report blog. All except F1. Should help your charts.

http://racepf.com/blog/2013/10/proto...-field-at-iic/
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oh wow, fantastic information! I'll get the site updated shortly. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it!

It's definitely easiest if I can get access to the tech sheets filled out for driver introductions, or try to record the race somehow. I'm attending the Halloween Classic next week, and may try using the voice recorder option on my phone to grab the intros.

The reason I stopped doing this last year is because it's a lot of work, and people are often not all that forthcoming for whatever reason. But once the d3.5 got banned, we suddenly found ourselves looking at the old results trying to remember what was fast before it was released. It also seems to be one of the only archives for the actual race results, which is unfortunate.

Whats funny is we ran the D3.5's last year at IIC. This years track was the exact same layout (I watched the video on youtube of 13.5 a main last year) and we went way faster in stock this year without the extra HP. I didnt look at the other classes to see how much faster they went but I assume they also went faster too.

EA
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Whats funny is we ran the D3.5's last year at IIC. This years track was the exact same layout (I watched the video on youtube of 13.5 a main last year) and we went way faster in stock this year without the extra HP. I didnt look at the other classes to see how much faster they went but I assume they also went faster too.

EA
I think a lot of that had to do with the level of grip...my run in the "B" main of stock was pretty fast but as the day wore on the track got a little bit slower. I think from everyone walking on it...
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

EA

The 180 turn before the straight was shorter so the apex didn't fall on the carpet seam that I had to glue multiple time last year.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
The 180 turn before the straight was shorter so the apex didn't fall on the carpet seam that I had to glue multiple time last year.
Was it .4 faster a lap? LOL

EA
Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by artwork
I think a lot of that had to do with the level of grip...my run in the "B" main of stock was pretty fast but as the day wore on the track got a little bit slower. I think from everyone walking on it...
Yes it deff got slower as the day went on on Sunday from the foot traffic.

EA
Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ea I think the track got a little slower but not much as in the last round I did a 9.8 but in the main I did a 9.9 but in the 13.5 main I went faster then I did all week so Idk lol
Cory
Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Was it .4 faster a lap? LOL

EA
Looks like all classes went faster by the same amount. So i'm thinking it was the layout and not necessarily the motors.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Looks like all classes went faster by the same amount. So i'm thinking it was the layout and not necessarily the motors.
Layout, Grip, Equipment, Deep, Deep field
Everyone was hauling the mail this year, not just at the pointy end either
Old 10-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Team EAM

Yea that was kinda my point. If the layout is the exact same or very very close and every class went faster that just shows how much technology has moved in just a year. Along with guys figuring out the cars even more and such.

EA
Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the post about the 1/12th scales, EA. Clearly, there are tendencies within certain brands, but overall within the class it seems goose-goose as to which is better. It's not as simple as "inline for Stock and cross-pack for Mod."
Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

If i'm not wrong, Juho Levanen is using hobbywing V3.1 speedo on his touring car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.