Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Thought I'd post a picture of my Wildfire D06. Its the Dynamics Edition but not used the aluminium chassis as I'll be running asphalt. I also have the Mi4 battery strap there, so I don't need to use tape.

Spec:
SP Reventon Pro 1.1
SP Reventon MMM V3.0 4.5T
KO Propo RSX one10 Red
Futaba 614FS
WTF 30mm on the ESC and 40mm on the motor.

I'll drop to a 13.5T but picked up the 4.5T for giggles! Excited to get this on the track!
Looks good! What size WTF fan do you have in there? We just started carrying them. The new 34mm and 40mm fans work extremely well.

Be sure to glue the foam pieces in your bumper. They really help to reinforce it so that it lasts longer.

Enjoy your car!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Texco
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what the Set Screws do in your Center Pulley step 11? How do you set these up?

Thanks for your time
I've never run those screws, with no issues
Old 08-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
Looks good! What size WTF fan do you have in there? We just started carrying them. The new 34mm and 40mm fans work extremely well.

Be sure to glue the foam pieces in your bumper. They really help to reinforce it so that it lasts longer.

Enjoy your car!
I've got the 30mm on the ESC and the 40mm in the rear on the VBC fan mount. I did pick up the 34mm one with the trumpet on it but I believe the 40mm pushes more CFM.

34mm on the ESC would have been a bit of a waste and I didn't want it to interfere with the wiring. If this 34mm fits in the motor fan mount for the Firebolt DM, that's where it's going to live
Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texco
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what the Set Screws do in your Center Pulley step 11? How do you set these up?

Thanks for your time
They hold the layshaft center pulley locating pins tight.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got the 30mm on the ESC and the 40mm in the rear on the VBC fan mount. I did pick up the 34mm one with the trumpet on it but I believe the 40mm pushes more CFM.

34mm on the ESC would have been a bit of a waste and I didn't want it to interfere with the wiring. If this 34mm fits in the motor fan mount for the Firebolt DM, that's where it's going to live
Actually the windy pushes more volume than the 40... Runs at a muh higher rpm, and can easily feel how much more air it's pushing out. I would give it a try
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Was working on chassis swapping tonight, so I weighed them FWIW...
2.25 Carbon Flex Chassis: 72g
2.50 Carbon Standard Chassis: 79g
Dynamics Aluminum Chassis: 112g
Old 08-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everbody !

I just got my D06 and looking for a 13.5T stock class / Asphalt / Low-medium track set-up.I couldn't find any in vbc's page so i'm asking to you all

Thanks
Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Duran
Hi everbody !

I just got my D06 and looking for a 13.5T stock class / Asphalt / Low-medium track set-up.I couldn't find any in vbc's page so i'm asking to you all

Thanks
Have you tried kit setup? I found it with 100% rebound in the shocks was pretty easy to drive. Start with that and see what it is like, then ask back here for ideas on things to try.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
Actually the windy pushes more volume than the 40... Runs at a muh higher rpm, and can easily feel how much more air it's pushing out. I would give it a try
I tested both and the results were very close with the 40mm just barely edging out the windy. We will have both on our site within the next few days.

If I were using the VBC fan mount, I would probably use the 34mm Windy or one of the R1 Wurks fans, but if I was using the Orca fan mount, I would opt for the WTF 40mm.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Scoyle,

I didn't try the basic set-up yet because some guys at the track says that it's more suitable for carpet.
And i don't have much time to think and to try adjustments and set-ups before the race.All tracks are far away from where i live.Well, i know that track very good but new car means new problems.To avoid that, i asked you all

Thanks
Old 08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duran
Hi Scoyle,

I didn't try the basic set-up yet because some guys at the track says that it's more suitable for carpet.
And i don't have much time to think and to try adjustments and set-ups before the race.All tracks are far away from where i live.Well, i know that track very good but new car means new problems.To avoid that, i asked you all

Thanks

I was told the stock setup is for modified asphalt...the gearing alone suggests mod
Old 08-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
If I were using the VBC fan mount, I would probably use the 34mm Windy or one of the R1 Wurks fans, but if I was using the Orca fan mount, I would opt for the WTF 40mm.
How come that way around boss? I would have thought it would be the other way around as it seems like the Windy has more static pressure than the 40mm (so is more likely to push the air around the can) plus the deadzone of the 40mm is huge! It's why I shrouded the 40mm ... so the air flow from the fan hits as much of the motor can as possible.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

How come that way around boss? I would have thought it would be the other way around as it seems like the Windy has more static pressure than the 40mm (so is more likely to push the air around the can) plus the deadzone of the 40mm is huge! It's why I shrouded the 40mm ... so the air flow from the fan hits as much of the motor can as possible.
Given the size, RPMs, shape and blade pitch (& more) of the Windy, it will of course have greater static pressure, though the 40mm fan pushes more CFMs. From a volumetric perspective, the WTF 40mm has the edge, but from an overall performance standpoint, I believe that the results between the two fans is debatable.

My comment was primarily related to ease of use and aesthetics, not overall performance. The Windy would be easier to install onto the VBC fan mount since its holes match those on the fan mount.

As far as the 40mm WTF, the cost/performance ratio is tough to beat and the blades can cover the vent holes at the top and bottom of most, if not all of the popular brushless motors used in touring cars. Additionally, the fan shroud is included and further enhances the fan's effectiveness, so why not put it to use to reap the maximum benefits?

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 08-08-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just built the car this week. everything seemed like it went well but it is mssing quite a few scews. I am excitd to get it running for this weekend and see how it does n carpit in vegas in oct.

I also ordered the white ball cups, white diff holders and the white shock parts. When trying to buld the shocks it looks like the white shock parts didnt fit. Has anyone else ran in to the prob?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Big White
Just built the car this week. everything seemed like it went well but it is mssing quite a few scews. I am excitd to get it running for this weekend and see how it does n carpit in vegas in oct.

I also ordered the white ball cups, white diff holders and the white shock parts. When trying to buld the shocks it looks like the white shock parts didnt fit. Has anyone else ran in to the prob?
I was under the impression that the white shocks parts set was for the Ghost, which has the Wildfire D05 style shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.