What speed control to buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What speed control to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

The favorable things are: it doesn't blow up and What are the fast guys running the most
Old 06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

i bought the xrs when i decided to go into racing stock (it was cheap). the xrs is a piece of junk i have it all hard wired and now i find out you can't do that with the xrs, it needs the bullit conectors to keep the resistence up. the stupid thing can't even give enough juice to run my c2 19 turn. i always use novak but the xrs is just a mistake on there part i think the should pull all the xrs's off the shelf!. by the sounds of it almost everyone has recomended the gtx thanks for the input in my decision.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robsxxxs
I am looking to buy a new speed control as my last one (novak xrs) went up in smoke. i am looking at the novak gtx and the lrp quantum compitition 2. what do you recomend?

GTX all the way.

Cheaper than all the "exotic" speedos.

Can handle ALL motors you throw at it.

Is programmable.

Super small, great for 1/12th.

Replaceable wire harness.

External solder tabs.

Plus the translucent orange just looks snappy.

I got mine for Christmas last year and love it...
Old 06-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

GTX

You'll absolutely LOVE it !!!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow what?

Originally Posted by JohnB
Tekin offers the complete package, I wouldn't have them on my signature if I didn't believe it!
yes, they do. and that "package" is roughly six times larger (and older) than any other top racing esc on the market now. then again, he may be running an emaxx. c'mon now.

a complete package, apparently, entails vanishing from the industry for an unannounced length of time. and returning years later with the same product that was previously offered. i suppose it's all subjective, though.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

i think you guys just convinced me to buying a gtx...but then again i had to help a guy solder his gtx up my last race...don't know what the problem was though. I'm not sure if this is true but do higher end esc deliver more punch if you were to program it? I don't know much about esc settings and all that.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

i guess the diff between the gtx and the ko is simple. gtx doesnt require external device to program it while ko does.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not sure about KO customer service but Novak's customer service a tech support is second to none.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Plus, I do beleive all Novak products are built right here in the US.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

The KO MUST have a KO radio to access some of the programming functions. I friend of mine with a JR radio bought the KO esc and the stuff to program it. After well over $200 he found out he needs a KO radio to take out drag brakes and other key adjustments. Novak is a great company. You can't go wrong with the GTX or even a GT7. I'm still running one and it's as good as new after two years of weekly stock, 19, and modified racing. Only thing I don't like about the GTX from what I've seen is that big capacitor. Where do you put it? There aren't the brackets like on the GT7.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
The KO MUST have a KO radio to access some of the programming functions. I friend of mine with a JR radio bought the KO esc and the stuff to program it. After well over $200 he found out he needs a KO radio to take out drag brakes and other key adjustments. Novak is a great company. You can't go wrong with the GTX or even a GT7. I'm still running one and it's as good as new after two years of weekly stock, 19, and modified racing. Only thing I don't like about the GTX from what I've seen is that big capacitor. Where do you put it? There aren't the brackets like on the GT7.
gtx comes with brackets for strapping the cap.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Keyence, just to throw another great company into the mix. I've be using one for over 4 years and it's still going strong. Fits perfectly in my 12th and I've never had any trouble with it.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Itīs ORANGE!
i would prefur it to be purple or pink....but ya cant mess with the novak orange..or the gremlins will ataack you
Old 06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Old 06-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pink pac man
i would prefur it to be purple or pink....but ya cant mess with the novak orange..or the gremlins will ataack you

THATīS the point!

Purple? Just another one in the line.....Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.
Pink? Cīmon. This is about boys toys. Not girlie stuff

by the way......"Pink" in Swedish is Piss

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 06-09-2005 at 04:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.