Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Round 6 - Hudy Racing Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Ideally you would have an ETS style series in the U.S, Europe, and Asia which would culminate in some type of World final comprised of the top racers from each region (sort of how the IFMAR Worlds should be).

Scotty has started the AOC although the travel distances between venues are very big so I don't think you can have active participation from the same drivers throughout the series. This is likely a problem for North America as well. Europe is about the right size for short flights from everywhere and two time zones.

The ETS is very prestigious and should be used as a template for series around the World. There is no reason why each U.S. ROAR region can't have its own ETS style series.

It is a bit like any other sport where the top level gets the premier coverage.
Would be nice to have the tour visit USA for one round at least

Big market here too, though perhaps not as important to some teams ?

The stock class is cool, you can really see how close they are when motor of the week is removed from the game
Shaft, Belt identical times
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The ETS is very prestigious and should be used as a template for series around the World. There is no reason why each U.S. ROAR region can't have its own ETS style series...
+1 I think this definitely works. Our region has the Texas EOS, and although I've never raced in it, it sure sounds like the Midwest Grandslam Series is/was? a successful example as well. I bet there's even more I don't remember or know of.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure I could convince the 5280 guys to make MHIC part of some series. I bet many of us would travel, too.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

We have the WCICS series in Westen Canada. It is a big series across 3 provinces, lots of entries and running for a very long time.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

It is a bit like any other sport where the top level gets the premier coverage.
No doubt, you're right and I agree. And RedRC actually gives Pro Stock more coverage than probably any other event.

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
The stock class is cool, you can really see how close they are when motor of the week is removed from the game
Shaft, Belt identical times
When I watch those videos, I feel like the cars are very similar on the straight, but the shaft cars seem to leap out of the corners harder and carry more speed in the sweeper on/off. I bet it would be even more noticeable when there's higher forward grip.

Also, people constantly want to point to ETS control motor as a good thing, but not everybody that races in the series feels that way. Read on: http://www.rctech.net/forum/12276996-post39.html.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

New ESC and motor from MuchMore for next season was presented during the weekend for stock. If you try to take this ESC apart it will be destroyed .. Motor is a FLETA 13.5T if I saw correctly.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
The Stock racer, the F1 racer and if it is still there the TT01 racer wants to see himself in those reports so he has the feeling that he is as much as important to make the event as it is today.

That is the way to promote the sport! Give those drivers the same feeling so others will follow. Do not let them think they are just a filling of the event.
They do get coverage. Coverage is about the public interest and the interest in stock is just not that much.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
No doubt, you're right and I agree. And RedRC actually gives Pro Stock more coverage than probably any other event.

When I watch those videos, I feel like the cars are very similar on the straight, but the shaft cars seem to leap out of the corners harder and carry more speed in the sweeper on/off. I bet it would be even more noticeable when there's higher forward grip.

Also, people constantly want to point to ETS control motor as a good thing, but not everybody that races in the series feels that way. Read on: http://www.rctech.net/forum/12276996-post39.html.
It's possible
Though laptimes, and results don't show any distinct advantage
Could just be driving style is what you are noting

imo
Stock should be more about maintaining corner speed, rather than cut and thrust as in mod, which is where any increase in forward grip would be more advantageous
Old 07-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Would be nice to have the tour visit USA for one round at least

Big market here too, though perhaps not as important to some teams ?
It wouldn't work here in the US... you'd need at least 12 classes for ppl to show up...
Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by *gk*
It wouldn't work here in the US... you'd need at least 12 classes for ppl to show up...
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think you have to make more classes here in the US. at the most races I went the TC, F1 and pancars the big ones.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden
I don't think you have to make more classes here in the US. at the most races I went the TC, F1 and pancars the big ones.
Yeah, three TC classes, three 1/12th classes two WGT classes and F1. That's 9 classes. Talk about diluting the sport.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To make it a race with a ETS flavor you need 2 TC classes, 2 1/12th and F1. Thats it.
You only need SuperStock and Mod at this type of a race.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Stock should be more about maintaining corner speed, rather than cut and thrust as in mod, which is where any increase in forward grip would be more advantageous
Maybe 17.5, but in 13.5, which they're running, I think you can make either style effective.

Racing isn't about what should be, it's about what is.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

It's possible
Though laptimes, and results don't show any distinct advantage
Could just be driving style is what you are noting
This year at Apeldoorn it was fair as those motors with "discrepancies" were exchanged on thursday. It is info from people that were there.

Before you don't notice it that much because there are a lot of drivers so there is always someone that has similar laptimes even when using "normal" motors. But it can bump you from the H to the G or C to B for example.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.