2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Will there be a schedule with heats listings times etc. posted before the event starts?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Timetables

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Will there be a schedule with heats listings times etc. posted before the event starts?
Hey Rick. You must have "ESPN" LOL!

I have been given the Approval to post the 1/12th Timetables. The 1/10th are being worked on as I type this and will be approved and posted ASAP. With that being said...........
Old 09-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Shop Owner

Default Timetables

Hello Everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know we have been working extremely hard getting everything together for the Worlds. I am pleased to release the 1/12th Scale timetables that begin on 10/6/2014 (Day One). Please note these times are subject to small changes but I want to get as much info or to the Drivers and Public as soon as it's approved for me to do so. You will notice on Day one the Timetables begins at 1300. The Opening Ceremony will begin at 0900 and Timed practice (8 minute intervals, drivers in groups if no more than 10 at a time) will begin after that till approximately 1250. Timed Practice by Heats begins at 1300 which is where the Timetables pick up for day one. Thank you and Safe travels to everyone!

Tim Caporal

PLEASE GO TO PAGE 27 FOR UP TO DATE SCHEDULE FOR 1/12th

Last edited by FTTim; 09-23-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Beat me to it
Old 09-19-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FTTim
Hello Everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know we have been working extremely hard getting everything together for the Worlds. I am pleased to release the 1/12th Scale timetables that begin on 10/6/2014 (Day One). Please note these times are subject to small changes but I want to get as much info or to the Drivers and Public as soon as it's approved for me to do so. You will notice on Day one the Timetables begins at 1300. The Opening Ceremony will begin at 0900 and Timed practice (8 minute intervals, drivers in groups if no more than 10 at a time) will begin after that till approximately 1250. Timed Practice by Heats begins at 1300 which is where the Timetables pick up for day one. Thank you and Safe travels to everyone!

Tim Caporal
There should be a practice A-main final, after which the first two legs of the A-main are run between the G & F mains, with leg 3 run after a short break following the conclusion of the lower mains. It's detailed in the IFMAR rules. I appreciate that there won't be a G main here, but in essence the A's should be in the middle of the running order...

How are the initial qualifying heats going to be seeded? Based on practice times? As per practice? Somehting else?

Practice - why not make the whole lot in heats as per 'after 1pm'? Less confusion for competitors about when they're on then. If it's essentially an 'open track' then how can I be sure of when to sauce my tyres and be ready to go out when I could then be ready, only to find that the rostrum is full with a queue at the bottom and I have to wait 20 minutes to get up there? People can also get used to the same spot on the rostrum and get into some kind of routine if they're out with the same people each round.

Lastly, there look to be about 55 drivers entered. Why not run 7 heats with a max of 8 cars in each? Better chances of then getting clean runs and good etiquette if the track isn't too crowded. Everyone happy! There should be time in the day to run 10 heats after all, so the low entry means it should hardly be rushed...

I could have saved all the above for the first team managers meeting, but it makes sense to ask the questions now so as not to put the organisers on the spot at the race itself.

This next little bit is for IFMAR... To be honest it has always baffled me how the lower finals only get 2 legs - We've all paid our money and made the effort to be there, so why do some get more racing than others? It would make the timetable way easier as well. Not to mention the fact that after leg 2 of the B-main there will be a delay before the last A-main. 3 legs for all I say. Run the practice A-final first, then 3-legs for everyone in reverse order so the last race of all is leg 3 of the A. Or is that too logical?!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Also... we're gonna be finished by 4:30 on day 1, 3:15 on day 2 and 4:00 on day 3?!

Why not fill the days with more track time? We'll all be there anyway and the reason we're coming is to compete. Shift the whole lot back and add some more practice on the morning of day 2, or give everyone a practice final, or everyone 3 mains?

Just a suggestion...

It feels like I'm moaning a lot here. I appreciate that much of what has been scheduled is bound by IFMAR red tape. But what does that say about how IFMAR runs things when I look at a schedule and see a deficiancy in application of logic and common sense, which would make it a much better event?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
Also... we're gonna be finished by 4:30 on day 1, 3:15 on day 2 and 4:00 on day 3?!

Why not fill the days with more track time? We'll all be there anyway and the reason we're coming is to compete. Shift the whole lot back and add some more practice on the morning of day 2, or give everyone a practice final, or everyone 3 mains?

Just a suggestion...

It feels like I'm moaning a lot here. I appreciate that much of what has been scheduled is bound by IFMAR red tape. But what does that say about how IFMAR runs things when I look at a schedule and see a deficiancy in application of logic and common sense, which would make it a much better event?
Hey Mark,

I hope I can answer some of your questions. The Timetables were produced using the latest IFMAR rules and then sent to Frank at IFMAR for review and approval. Changes were made and the Timetables were ultimately approved. They were also sent to Masami and I had no changes received back from Masami either.

The practice schedule as of now for Day One will stand as is. The reason for "Open" Practice in the Morning till the stated time is to allow drivers time to "shake down" their cars, get registered and get settled in. You should have no issue of knowing when "your up" or when to "sauce your tires" since this will be at your own pace.

Heat placement is a discussion that is going on now behind the scenes to determine the fairest and accurate way to Seed drivers. Everyone has suggestions but it comes down to the governing bodies.

As far as the times we end each day. The Track will open for practice following conclusion of Day 1 Heat Practice and Day 2 Qualifiers AS OF NOW. This is all under the assumption we do not change the Timetables drastically which I have no intention of doing.

Once Again, I am doing my best to answer your questions with the information I have. Safe travels to you and all of the Racers. See everyone Soon!

Tim Caporal
Old 09-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Shop Owner

Attention:

1/10th Scale Timetables have been submitted to IFMAR for Approval. Awaiting word back so I can post them.

Tim
Old 09-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for posting the schedule. My only suggestion would be to run practice by heat instead of open practice.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for posting the schedule. My only suggestion would be to run practice by heat instead of open practice.
Agree Rick Hohwart. I am surprised anyway this got approved from IFMAR??
Further....like Mark Stiles says, give us more tracktime if we end the day so early....or give us more time in between runs. Your choice....whatever gets approved
Old 09-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
Agree Rick Hohwart. I am surprised anyway this got approved from IFMAR??
Further....like Mark Stiles says, give us more tracktime if we end the day so early....or give us more time in between runs. Your choice....whatever gets approved
I have already responded to the more tracktime. When the day ends according to the timetable the track will be open for practice. Now with that being said. We are Racers just like you guys and WE DO LISTEN TO YOUR INPUTS! On day one of 1/12th and 1/10th the Practice WILL BE by Heats starting after the Opening Ceremony. You asked we listened. Per IFMAR rules this is up to the Tracks discretion. So we opted to make the change FOR the Racers. I will make the change to the Timetables and get it uploaded ASAP. Some things we have control over, some we do not. Thanks Again for everyone's input. All the PM's, emails and Posts have been very enlightening!

Tim Caporal
Old 09-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FTTim
I have already responded to the more tracktime. When the day ends according to the timetable the track will be open for practice. Now with that being said. We are Racers just like you guys and WE DO LISTEN TO YOUR INPUTS! On day one of 1/12th and 1/10th the Practice WILL BE by Heats starting after the Opening Ceremony. You asked we listened. Per IFMAR rules this is up to the Tracks discretion. So we opted to make the change FOR the Racers. I will make the change to the Timetables and get it uploaded ASAP. Some things we have control over, some we do not. Thanks Again for everyone's input. All the PM's, emails and Posts have been very enlightening!

Tim Caporal
Nice one, Tim.

I just messaged you and George about a few things. Always here if there's anything you need to ask, as are most of the other contributors on this thread. We've got a fair amount of experience between us in both organising and competing at big events like this.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Good job Tim!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Not sure if i've seen in print which timing system will be in use for the Touring car portion??
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Shop Owner

Default 1/12th Scale Heat Setup

Hey Drivers,

We are quickly approaching the First Start Tone of the 2014 IFMAR Electric On-Road Worlds! Here is the Preliminary Heat Sheet for 1/12th Scale. The 1/10th Scale sheet is being worked on now and I will post it ASAP. I would like to take a second to thank Rick Howart and Mark Stiles for their help.

Tim Caporal
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1-12WorldsHeatSetup.pdf (52.6 KB, 252 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.