Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I finally got my car built this past week and ran it last night.

The car is awesome, tons of steering, responds well to setup changes, and runs smooth. Ran it on an extremely high bite asphalt track (2013 ROAR Nationals track...villageraceway.com) and it had virtually no tire squeal, which is a first for me having owned 5-6 different cars on this track.

I cant believe how well the car drives with a spool because the car cuts into the corner like a diff!

Smacked a few corner walls but did not break anything.

I am very pleased with the car.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Your car was great last night Mike. This car is really making its presence known at our track. I have been running the car for about a month now and it is awesome. Let's keep getting it done.
Originally Posted by barnacle
I finally got my car built this past week and ran it last night.

The car is awesome, tons of steering, responds well to setup changes, and runs smooth. Ran it on an extremely high bite asphalt track (2013 ROAR Nationals track...villageraceway.com) and it had virtually no tire squeal, which is a first for me having owned 5-6 different cars on this track.

I cant believe how well the car drives with a spool because the car cuts into the corner like a diff!

Smacked a few corner walls but did not break anything.

I am very pleased with the car.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Just a few tips for everyone.

1. When building the shocks, make sure the black plastic shims that sit on top and below of the o-ring snap into place in the shock body and the lower shock cap otherwise they will squeeze the o-ring and make the shock bind.

2. Check that the 2 large outer diff bearings seat properly on the diff case. If it is tight, you need to sand down the case until the bearing slides over the outdrives easily.

3. Shim all 8 of the shock tower clamp screws with a 10 thousandth (.0010) shim to prevent the clamps from squeezing the previously mentioned large outdrive bearings.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Just a few tips for everyone.

1. When building the shocks, make sure the black plastic shims that sit on top and below of the o-ring snap into place in the shock body and the lower shock cap otherwise they will squeeze the o-ring and make the shock bind.

2. Check that the 2 large outer diff bearings seat properly on the diff case. If it is tight, you need to sand down the case until the bearing slides over the outdrives easily.

3. Shim all 8 of the shock tower clamp screws with a 10 thousandth (.0010) shim to prevent the clamps from squeezing the previously mentioned large outdrive bearings.

Thanks for providing this useful hints to people who install the EVO in first time
Old 10-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC world depot Port Jervis NY Riverside Park

Team Magic places in the Hot Race Tyres challenge oct 12,13 Tom Yuppa placed 1st in the Amain Electric 10.5 spec racing a EVRSII, Chris Bubba Smith placed 2nd using EVRSll. Tom Yuppa placed 1st in the C Main, and Mike Baggatta 2nd 1/10 touring car class driving G4+. Great job guys Jaimee colon was leading the nitros but motor trouble put him out
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran both of my EVO's this weekend, Wow they were awesome. The track was the same track that held the ROAR on road Nationals. Very technical track with very high traction.

In Mod, I ended going with a front diff with 2.5 million it. The car already gets into the corner so well, all I needed was a little exit steering and the front diff gave me that. I ran 37.5 wt oil in the front shocks, 35 wt in the back, 27 springs in the front and 25's in the rear. Stock sway bars, front top deck stiffeners. I ran 1 degree of camber in the front, 2.5 in the rear. All I can say is this was the best MOD car I have ever driven, you could push the car and it would get better, you could stay steady with no problems. Didn't have the tires heat up and go away or anything.the track temp was 135* F as well! Unbelievable. I qualified 6th and finished 5th. We had several top National drivers in the race as well which is impressive.

In 17.5 I stayed with the spool up front, it help maintain corner speed slot better than the diff up front. I ran 35 wt oil up front and 32.5 in the rear shocks. This car was also great. Responded very well to all the changes I made to it this weekend. I qualified 3rd and finished 2nd overall out of 28 drivers.

The response this car has to changes in setup is phenomenal. You can test e little things to see what will work.

I love this car!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Great !!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Cooper

Glad to hear your car was dialed and you did well!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Ran the car this weekend at our regional Champs in 13.5 Boosted class, car was phenomenal all weekend in the very dry windy conditions. Had a wee whoops in one of the qualifiers due to the wind, was blown off of the main straight at full throttle due to wind gusts of 60mph straight into a fence post, ouch, ran the rest of the event with a broken upper front bulkhead, and secured 3rd overall, missed out on 2nd by under a second, we crossed the finishline bumper to bumper, first trophy for the Team Magic, and I suspect many more to follow, great car to drive.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Great
Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If anyone has a mint E4RS II Evo for sale... I am looking for one.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Team Magic E4RSII EVO gets the TQ, Win, AND 2nd place, in 17.5 Blinky at the Florida Electric Racers race #2 at Valkaria RC (Valkariarc.com).

EVO also finishes in 2nd place in Modified! After a bad start that put Robert Cooper in last place, he had a great drive back through the pack to finish on the podium!

Great weekend for the EVO!

Last edited by barnacle; 10-28-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Team Magic E4RSII EVO gets the TQ, Win, AND 2nd place, in 17.5 Blinky at the Florida Electric Racers race #2 at Valkaria RC (Valkariarc.com).

EVO also finishes in 2nd place in Modified! After a bad start that put Robert Cooper in last place, he had a great drive back through the pack to finish on the podium!

Great weekend for the EVO!
Great !!

If you have pictures / results, please contact me by PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Track info at valkariarc.com which has links to results and pictures.

Track was outdoor asphalt, medium traction, and weather was a sunny 80*F.

My EVO 17.5 setup

Associated 35wt (425cst) shock oil (Front & Rear)
Shock position 3rd hole from inside (Front & Rear)
Kit 27/25 Springs
Camber links 3rd longest location (Front & Rear)
2 mill shim on bulkhead for camber link (Front & Rear)
1 mill shim on caster blocks, 4 mill shim on rear hubs
Diffs in low position (Front & Rear)
Spool up front
Rear diff 725 cst (4 gear kit diff)
Roll centers Middle location (Front & Rear)
No shim on ackerman bridge
NO steering post top deck stiffners
Kit sway bars
2 millimeter shim for bumpsteer
LTCR body

I tested a gear diff up front with 500,000 wt oil after racing was over and car was even better...

I wanted to try shorter rear camber link, low roll center up front, and .5 mill of arm sweep but ran out of time.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hello

New double wins for the E4RS II EVO, in France: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?p=2206

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.