R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #376
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Default

I'm a complete noob at all this, so forgive my ignorance. I just recently built this car and am going to be running it on a fairly tight carpet track. What ballpark should I be in as far as gearing goes? I will be running it in the gt class(21.5 motor). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips also welcome.
tapornap113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #377
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapornap113 View Post
I'm a complete noob at all this, so forgive my ignorance. I just recently built this car and am going to be running it on a fairly tight carpet track. What ballpark should I be in as far as gearing goes? I will be running it in the gt class(21.5 motor). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips also welcome.
start somewhere between 3.5-4fdr depending on track size, check your motor temp every couple laps and gear/time from there.
you will need a spur around 66T 48p or 88T in 64p
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:48 AM   #378
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks. I have a Tekin RS esc/motor, which has built in temperature monitoring. Is it accurate enough to go by, or do I need another means of measuring it? What should be the max motor temp.?
tapornap113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #379
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

keep it safe at 160F or less

dont rely on the esc for temp monitoring, use a temp gun
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #380
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 1,910
Trader Rating: 45 (94%+)
Default

What sway bars are u guys running
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #381
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

1.5mm front, nothing rear on asphalt
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #382
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 1,910
Trader Rating: 45 (94%+)
Default

I must say for the $109.00 this kit cost it is very well designed. Stuff goes togather very very well. They did a fine job on this one..
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #383
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Just to ask, are these compatible with my sakura Xi sport ?
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4738
I just want to buy them (and the floating servo mount)
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #384
Tech Master
 
Nego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
Just to ask, are these compatible with my sakura Xi sport ?
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4738
I just want to buy them (and the floating servo mount)
yes they are i have them both on my xi.
__________________
Project X 1/10 pancar,17.5GT,1/12 BMI Copper head.
Nego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #385
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Just ordered the 5mm Hexagons for the wheels and the Alluminium floating servo mount
Some other needed upgrades in your opinion ?
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #386
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 79
Default

What is a nice inexpensive servo?
ttsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #387
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsquirrel View Post
What is a nice inexpensive servo?
Here's a good low profile servo.
http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...hd-1207tg.html
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #388
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 79
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
start somewhere between 3.5-4fdr depending on track size, check your motor temp every couple laps and gear/time from there.
you will need a spur around 66T 48p or 88T in 64p
ok so i bought the 88t 64p gear but now the 19t center pulley doesnt fit on it!!! it will not fit flush.

so the question i have is should i cut the center pulley around the screw holes to make it fit flush or grind the spur gear to make it fit flush??

the other problem i have is my dremal is not here so i cant fit it tonight..

tts
ttsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #389
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 79
Default

ok just making sure i got this right.. im trying to get fdr and the only thing i find in the manual is that gear ratio is 2:1 (38T/19T).

what is the internal ratio that i use when i am determining fdr. i have a 88 spur and 48 pinion. so 88 divide by 48 times what??

the zero s had a internal of 1.9 but i changed it to 2.0. what does the xi have??

thanks and sorry for the newb q's

tts
ttsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #390
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsquirrel View Post
ok so i bought the 88t 64p gear but now the 19t center pulley doesnt fit on it!!! it will not fit flush.

so the question i have is should i cut the center pulley around the screw holes to make it fit flush or grind the spur gear to make it fit flush??

the other problem i have is my dremal is not here so i cant fit it tonight..

tts
yes, just trim it around the screw holes ... I just used some body scissors.

Quote:
ok just making sure i got this right.. im trying to get fdr and the only thing i find in the manual is that gear ratio is 2:1 (38T/19T).

what is the internal ratio that i use when i am determining fdr. i have a 88 spur and 48 pinion. so 88 divide by 48 times what??

the zero s had a internal of 1.9 but i changed it to 2.0. what does the xi have??

thanks and sorry for the newb q's

tts
internal ratio on XI Sport is 2:1
so
88 / 48 X 2 = 3.66 FDR
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0