3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Fresh on Red RC news :-)

http://www.redrc.net/2013/12/toprc-w...rt/#more-75398

Old 12-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

You were third at the TOPRC race? With the 3racing Sakura IX Sport?? Thats awesome, great car or the driver haha!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! Yes, I was third. This was my 3rd race with this chassis. I don't see any drawbacks of the chassis compared to high end chassis from low to medium grip or even almost high grip. As I said, it is perfect for "sport racers" and making other racers with high end chassis little jealous when you leave them behind. Good hand and setup is however desired.

I am getting a big fan for this chassis. Price is right, spare parts cheap, model is durable and has great grip. Perfect for "sport racers" like me. My upgrades - SSK driveshaft, aluminum servo mount, rear end stiffener and stabilizer set.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Miholc
Thanks! Yes, I was third. This was my 3rd race with this chassis. I don't see any drawbacks of the chassis compared to high end chassis from low to medium grip or even almost high grip. As I said, it is perfect for "sport racers" and making other racers with high end chassis little jealous when you leave them behind. Good hand and setup is however desired.
Think you did a great job. Like I said earlier, really gonna go for this chassis and use it for the new outdoor season. Like you said make people jealous and eat my dust haha . Keep up the good work
Old 12-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I purchased the 3 racing front one way to try on my xiS and installed, but the out drive cups appear too short and they move in and out of the one way bearings about 1/2 an inch. This can't be normal. Do I need longer cvds?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Seriously considering purchasing the xi sport after christmas just one question, what material are the shock bodies made of?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlos517
Seriously considering purchasing the xi sport after christmas just one question, what material are the shock bodies made of?
On the XI Sport? I believe they are made of plastic Know a few people who have needed to replace this part due to holding them incorrectly with their pliers
Old 12-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

They are plastic... but not sure why anyone would have to hold the body with pliers??
Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Cheers chaps. Think I will upgrade to a set of 3racing ultimate shock set.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carlos517
Cheers chaps. Think I will upgrade to a set of 3racing ultimate shock set.
Not sure if my information is accurate, bit I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the Ultimate shock bodies were shorter(?) than those fitted on the Xi or Zero chassis. So upgrading may alter the car's behaviour on the track (ie droop settings change ect). Tomorrow or when I have the time I'll measure the length of those on the Ultimate and get back to you.

Regards
Bill
Old 12-23-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks bill. Im a bit new to the tc scene and thought this would be a great car for the money all help is greatly appreciated. I have been on the 3racing site and according to that the ultimate shocks are compatiable with the xi sport but it recomends you use different shock towers for the xi. It will be interesting to see what they measure up at, 3racing site state 54mm centre to centre. I have no idea what the xi sports measure.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by simonseize
I purchased the 3 racing front one way to try on my xiS and installed, but the out drive cups appear too short and they move in and out of the one way bearings about 1/2 an inch. This can't be normal. Do I need longer cvds?
Did you put the plastic spacers on.?
Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not sure who is moderating. Am I allowed to let others know via this forum that I have this item for sale in the FS forum? I know that I am doing that in asking, and I've seen others do it, just don't know if it's OK or against rules...
Old 12-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink Belt fluttering

Originally Posted by Yogi-
This isn't normal that I can tell. It should be smooth and quiet. Do you have the 1 piece or 2 piece front-rear suspension mount. Maybe your belts to loose. Or the out drives in the spool arnt in the right spot,this could throw it out of balance ? Has it done it form the beginning.
I've built 3 sakura sand the problem is the wheel offset. You need to get some 6 or 7mm hex drives. That'll fix it and still keep you within 190mm.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Been running this car for two weeks now.

After running a bone stock zero S for the last 2 years, this car is definitely a big improvement. The threaded shocks and narrow chassis are the two biggest improvements over a bone stock zero S, in my opinion.

With that being said, I bolted on aluminum bulkheads during initial build because I noticed unwanted bulkhead flex and warping in my old zero S. I purchased the aluminum motor mount in the hopes that it would help me carry over the 66T sour from my zero S. However I found that the mount was not needed (or capable) of allowing me to properly use my 66T spurs.

Floating servo option was nice too. When side by side to my zero S, it really looks more "up to date".

When I get a chance, I'll post pics up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.