Wiki Posts
Search

ExtremeRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ExtremeRC

Just picked the lasted issue, your magazine is the mecca for others to follow. If your serious about Rccars then this is required reading. Great artical on Ernie Provetti" he has a lot of love for ROAR and the past ROAR carpets Nats., it gave me the chance to see things from a business standpoint. I'm wanna those locals at Hobby Chambers during the winter season, so I was just star struck by all the factory drivers, Since I was there this is what I noticed about the ROAR rules " they go with the flow" Hobby Chamber has a huge straightaway John Orr brushless motor was cookin', Fernado for Tamiya/Novak was damm fast but I don't think he had an advantage he even dumped once, the 1 thing that I saw that was wrong, ROAR states that you are responsible for your transponder being mounted correctly and if you want protest it you have to do it within a certain time period, that didn't happen Matt went to the A-main and Fernado did not.

Anyway I'm not starting that up again, great Mag Derek
Old 05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, there is a thread started on the topic a few posts up or down.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Derek you're starting to get your own fan club on here! Slow down! haha
Old 05-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It was a good article about Ernie. He's ticked off about the nationals. Without being there I've seen him do a few things in the past. Business is business- if you get away with it that's fine. It's an expensive hobby to me but it's my only active hobby. I've got to meet some very interesting people thought the years. That's one thing I've enjoyed the most. As for getting kids and families involved I can say right now one of his Factory driver was one of those families that traveled over Florida in our series. Now the son is sponsored by Trinity Alex Lopez his father Gabe owns TQ Hobbies (one of his business) and has also gotten 100% better over the years. Again I seen other father and son and daughters get involved. Our hobby doesn't get enough exposurer to the general public.It does help if there is a real car series that is on TV (Nascar- Lemans America series- Touring Car). Also the Hobby shops that set -up a track in the parking lot Not buried in the back somewhere out of general site.
You ought to do an article on Mike 'Reedy, Gene Hustings, Bob Novak and Gil Losi Sr and Jr and even Bob Rule.