Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Edge ESC issue, please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Novak Edge ESC issue, please help

OK, Brand new Novak Edge / 25.5 combo, i do the one touch setup and everything works, but after about 30 seconds with no throttle input, the next time i hit the throttle i only get about 1/4 power. if i turn the esc off and on it goes to normal, but happens again if you let it sit 30 seconds. The voltage cutoff settings only have options for "off" "lipo" and "life" not for the number of cells. kinda stumped here
Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I'm actually having a similar issue as well. First 20-30 seconds it works fine. After that in will creep over a couple of times and then nothing, dead.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
OK, Brand new Novak Edge / 25.5 combo, i do the one touch setup and everything works, but after about 30 seconds with no throttle input, the next time i hit the throttle i only get about 1/4 power. if i turn the esc off and on it goes to normal, but happens again if you let it sit 30 seconds. The voltage cutoff settings only have options for "off" "lipo" and "life" not for the number of cells. kinda stumped here
Turn it Off and try that and see if it helps. Then you'll know if it's a voltage/battery issue or not.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Edge only has those options because its designed only for certain packs. With Lipo, its 2S only. It does sound like it's reacting to a low voltage Lipo battery...have you tried a fully charged battery yet?

Also, when you do the one touch setup, make sure your throttle end points are set to zero.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the responses, already swapped it out to race tonight, but will check those things when i put it back in the car.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Try it in the 'Off' position first. If it runs like that for more than six Minutes, then you know it's the LVC..... Novak LVC's do give problems from time to time, specially the external ones running mod motors, but 25.5t is way too low on power to theoretically cause that problem. Try it anyway, you never know.... Lots of racers time their runs in fear that tye Lvc will cost them a race. Better to go home with a trophy and no battery than with a battery and No trophy !
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

did your novak edge come with the one touch set up or did you have to buy the switch and button harness separately ? i just bought an edge esc and im not sure if i am going to have to purchase the "remote" switch to use the options
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwv327
did your novak edge come with the one touch set up or did you have to buy the switch and button harness separately ? i just bought an edge esc and im not sure if i am going to have to purchase the "remote" switch to use the options
Should come with the switch harness. Motor harness usually comes with the motor.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Calibrate your TX to the Esc. Forget about the One-Touch till you do. One-Touch adjust peramenters later.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

but i am going to have to buy it separately? i was under the impression from the novak site that the esc came with the one touch thingy, that kinda sux because i was hoping to be able to adjust a few things for vta racing
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

but i am going to have to buy it separately? i was under the impression from the novak site that the esc came with the one touch thingy, that kinda sux because i was hoping to be able to adjust a few things for vta racing
The one-touch button on the Edge esc is on the speed control, not the switch harness. Some of the other Novak speed controls have the button on the switch harness next to the switch (ie: Havok SC Pro) and it always comes with the speed control
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

if they are going to sell something as an ad on and not with the motor/esc kit then it should be clearly stated. and also they are not clear on if their is room to run an esc fan off the esc jst plug or if it requires the "mini" plug to work without having to run another plug to the receiver bec
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by odpurple
The one-touch button on the Edge esc is on the speed control, not the switch harness. Some of the other Novak speed controls have the button on the switch harness next to the switch (ie: Havok SC Pro) and it always comes with the speed control
thanks for clearing that up purple
Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

if they are going to sell something as an ad on and not with the motor/esc kit then it should be clearly stated. and also they are not clear on if their is room to run an esc fan off the esc jst plug or if it requires the "mini" plug to work without having to run another plug to the receiver bec
The one touch set up is on the speed control. you do not need to buy anything else. you can wire a fan directly to the esc. it needs a two pin plug that usually comes with most fan set ups but if yours doesn't have it then you will need to add the plug.

As for your problem try plugging in a glitch buster capacitor to a receiver port. this helped mine when my servo was pulling too much power. my edge came with the capacitor but I have seen very early first run escs that did not have one.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6376vette
The one touch set up is on the speed control. you do not need to buy anything else. you can wire a fan directly to the esc. it needs a two pin plug that usually comes with most fan set ups but if yours doesn't have it then you will need to add the plug.

As for your problem try plugging in a glitch buster capacitor to a receiver port. this helped mine when my servo was pulling too much power. my edge came with the capacitor but I have seen very early first run escs that did not have one.
yeah mine came with a capacitor built into the esc wires and i also ordered the glitch buster because i run a motor fan to keep things consistant, i plan on being able to swap this esc out for different cars depending on the night so having an esc that can stay cool all night is a must

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.