Old 08-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you JayL!
Old 08-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aris
Can someone please help me
I'd like to get the Pit tires but i'm not sure what rim to fit on them.
I thought i saw it somewhere here.
Search on youtube after you get them first set had me confused after that was a breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYhz0qpyf7M
Old 08-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Good info. Thanks tbamsey!
Going to order them soon. I'm just waiting for the ride tires to arrive.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For those of you in Australia Walter hobby has advised me they are expecting to have parts in stock around the end of this month
Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blade072
i have an sp1 which is in bits at the moment but have bought most of the option parts to suit plus some spares....comes with a spektrum servo.......dont think ill get a chance to run it to be honest.....if anyone is after one for spares or a second car let me know

thanks
PM sent
Old 08-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all SP1 owner,

Can you help to measure the length of the aluminium post (L, SP000637), please?

Thanks
Alan
Old 08-31-2015, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think Speed passion have almost lost me as a runner.
Certainly in future I won't give their product the bias I have 'til now.
I have always waxed lyrical on it's quality and tune ability.
It's sustainability is now gone.
I wanted to get some spares, went to SP in US filled my cart and on checkout ...
"can't ship to you" deleted some bits, same. I sent a message....

2 weeks later after 2 more mails to the site I get..."please go to our Aus distributor XXX". Fair enough says I...

Go there NO STOCK. We are now at 8 weeks without parts and the parts are twice the price.
Yeah sure I'm happy to pay $25 a pair for tires when even considering exchange rates are $18. NOT
I placed a feeler order with them for the inevitable stock one needs when running 20 cars or so and their shipping locally was more than I'd pay for the same thing from A-Main.
That's international vs Local. Go figure.

I'm a hairs breadth from going to a Tamiya full time rather than fussing with this any longer. At least I can get bits wherever I chose and am not locked into a particular dealer who can charge what he wants and I am not a Tamiya fan. I've run AE in every class I've ever raced and have a collection of over 30 AE cars, but AE don't do F1 so Tamiya, X-Ray, Serpent look real good now.

My F102 is on the way so SP are close to losing me & my club.
Instead of the spares I'll order another F102 (It is not that much dearer and a known quantity).
Just buy used ones and carpark bash the SP-1 'til it's destroyed.
My thoughts and money of the LM, even though I bought one, I think it will remain unbuilt and I have gone into old school PRO-10 and full tilt boogie with slot car shells and insane speed.
SP you had your chance.

Last edited by BryceVR; 08-31-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

BTW in the meantime I rebuilt an old AE RC10L2 into a 2.5 with some hop ups (for about $80 all up) and it SCREAMS. It's not F1 but I think fun counts for more than anything else.
7.4V, 235 wide, lots of sticky rubber and any motor I like. My SP-1's are now just demo's.
I can't run them seriously now.

Last edited by BryceVR; 08-31-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BryceVR
I think Speed passion have almost lost me as a runner.
Certainly in future I won't give their product the bias I have 'til now.
I have always waxed lyrical on it's quality and tune ability.
It's sustainability is now gone.
I wanted to get some spares, went to SP in US filled my cart and on checkout ...
"can't ship to you" deleted some bits, same. I sent a message....

2 weeks later after 2 more mails to the site I get..."please go to our Aus distributor XXX". Fair enough says I...

Go there NO STOCK. We are now at 8 weeks without parts and the parts are twice the price.
Yeah sure I'm happy to pay $25 a pair for tires when even considering exchange rates are $18. NOT
I placed a feeler order with them for the inevitable stock one needs when running 20 cars or so and their shipping locally was more than I'd pay for the same thing from A-Main.
That's international vs Local. Go figure.

I'm a hairs breadth from going to a Tamiya full time rather than fussing with this any longer. At least I can get bits wherever I chose and am not locked into a particular dealer who can charge what he wants and I am not a Tamiya fan. I've run AE in every class I've ever raced and have a collection of over 30 AE cars, but AE don't do F1 so Tamiya, X-Ray, Serpent look real good now.

My F102 is on the way so SP are close to losing me & my club.
Instead of the spares I'll order another F102 (It is not that much dearer and a known quantity).
Just buy used ones and carpark bash the SP-1 'til it's destroyed.
My thoughts and money of the LM, even though I bought one, I think it will remain unbuilt and I have gone into old school PRO-10 and full tilt boogie with slot car shells and insane speed.
SP you had your chance.
i take it you didnt get my email regarding the sp????? anyway enjoy your tamiya......
Old 09-12-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya F1 body shell for SP1

Hi guys, i have the SP1 kit in the box for almost 3 years. Recently i have been thinking of getting it done up. May i know can i use the Tamiya F1 body shell for the SP1 and Tamiya F1 wheels? If possible please let me know which one of the Tamiya F1 body shell and wheels can i use for SP1 because if i am not wrong there are currently 4 F1 kit from Tamiya including the recent new release... correct me if i am wrong.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

It took me more than 2 years to complete mine also.
Tamiya F1 bodies fit well. I have the F2012 (#51521) & MP-24 (#51430)
Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

By the way i was looking at the manual, does the lipo pack have to be built into the kit? I mean the way i look at it was that if i want to change the lipo i will have to remove the screw and the upper deck. Is that so?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Correct, you have to remove the upper deck whenever you change the battery.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still no local stock.
Now, it is over 12 weeks with a broken car.
Good on you, great customer service. "NOT"
I ordered other parts for some of my other cars from my local distributor and he was prompt and reasonable. So I don't think I can lay the blame on him.
I can only say the it's an SP problem. I get stuff in 10-20 days from the US with cheap shipping so, it's not a shipping issue.
I just want to drive my car, is that such a big ask.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

what parts are you needing? The street jam F1 has alot of the same parts, the front end and the axle/diff, rc-art.net has them for cheap with cheap shipping and they are FAST with great service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.