Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngo8
does anyone know if you can inter change brushless motors with speed controls like use a novak speed control with lrp motor or vice versa ?
Supposedly yes. The lrp and novak sensored systems are compatible with each other but.....
I'm sure I had my new sphere comp fail due to the novak 4.5r i was running on it (testing actually). It appears one phase is blown but will have to send it back for warranty to find out.

Interestingly is that novak claim "no motor limit" on the gtb while the lrp sphere has a "above 4.5".
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

LRP Com is above"3.5 turn". I have the same combo, lrp com with novak 4.5, they work fine so far.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ben27111973
hi guys

Burrito or anyone with some experience in off road - I have a question, do I need to run the heatsink with a 3 star in my losi 4wd car?

thanks
Ben

Recommend you run the heat sink on the 4w and even on your 2w....

the Esc can get real hot , play it safe and use the heat sink....
Old 04-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Supposedly yes. The lrp and novak sensored systems are compatible with each other but.....
I'm sure I had my new sphere comp fail due to the novak 4.5r i was running on it (testing actually). It appears one phase is blown but will have to send it back for warranty to find out.

Interestingly is that novak claim "no motor limit" on the gtb while the lrp sphere has a "above 4.5".
thanks i want to run LRP comp with novak 6.5 for 4wd offroad like the the way the lrp looks better .
Old 04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

So i guess no one knows what's wrong with my Sphere Competition? My guess is that something is screwed up and needs repair.

Anyone hooked up the wrong wires to the brushless motor before?

I was running the sphere competition with a heatsink and a fan.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by caveman
LRP Com is above"3.5 turn". I have the same combo, lrp com with novak 4.5, they work fine so far.
oops, thats what I meant. Just got the Novak GTB and smooth sailing so far but programming is crap in comparision.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
I have a LRP sphere/Neo 1 system with two motors a 1* and a 3*
We are having difficulty with the motors, the 3* works just fine once itgets moving but once it stops or goes into reverse it takes a spin of the armature to get it going again.
The 1* starts normally but it makes horrible sounding noises that sound like an "ack,ack"

Any Ideas?
Burrito, any ideas on what could be up with this one? We ended up sending it in a couple weeks ago (I think) and haven't heard back yet so I was curious about possible problems.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default motors

burrito

some feedback after a days racing.... brushless is so fast and it is awesome. esc is great for programming. very good to change as track changes.

unfortunately two motors ate it today. a 3 star after about 15 runs just stopped dead mid race and a two star after one race let go of the pole and it came loose in the motor and then was pulled out as a whole shaft pinion and all....

have you guys seen any of these faults before?
Old 04-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

I just saw the shaft thing you mentioned tonight on a friends 2 star. It just slid itself out of the can about another 1/2 inch. Only about 6 runs on the thing.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Well I just got back from a state title and the problems seem to be the speedy, not the motors. Everyone with a 4star had plenty of power/speed but a few ppl blew up speedies!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ben27111973
burrito

some feedback after a days racing.... brushless is so fast and it is awesome. esc is great for programming. very good to change as track changes.

unfortunately two motors ate it today. a 3 star after about 15 runs just stopped dead mid race and a two star after one race let go of the pole and it came loose in the motor and then was pulled out as a whole shaft pinion and all....

have you guys seen any of these faults before?
Just my opinion ...
The problem seem to be related to overheating & shock. (crash`s)...

If the motor gets hot enough, the magnet shifts when a big hit occur`s...

This is just my opinion , don`t know for sure or anything....
Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I have already posted the samething up a few post. My One star motor did the same thing to me. It is rediculous for this to be happenning considering, I have never had this happen to me with a brushed motor. Makes me wonder about quality of the motors now.Oh also it was not a esc problem.

Last edited by CarlosG.; 04-30-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Legend

If the motor is geared correctly and you don`t crash a whole lot the problem seem`s to not occur ......

been running the Neo for a while now, On my second Neo rite now .

The first one (3 star) lasted over 800 runs...
It died cus of a bearing failure causing it to over heat.....
Once the shaft begins to shift its only a matter of time before it pulls all the way out....
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

dragonfire

I am interested to find out what sort of ESC problems your friends encountered? I have 2 of my Spheres damaged, sent them to the national distributor and have waited for 4 months and still havent got them back.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is anybody using the 4-star motor in offroad? Is it too much? (using xxx4) I ordered the combo LRP comp sphere and the 4-star...price was right. I was curious if I should get a 1 or 2 star in addition to the 4-star.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.