Old 05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

hehe ... the more we look at it ... the more we like it
Old 05-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
Ya .. Fat, Wide and Ugly But somehow it looks .. like it's going to be fast

But look at how low everything is .. its going to have VERY low COG.

Well just have to wait and see.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
True.. but there are some little things that need to be tweeked before it hits the shelfs
-Dave
Old 05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

are those parts shown in purple different motor mount for shaft and belt? I didn't see the belt, was it posted somewhere?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

oh.... my.... oh.... my.... that's low...

didn't realise how low they were until these pics...

Thanks for posting those pic... really made a different impression...

so will they still keep the final ratio as the R3 with the same bevel and diff gears? what size spur will fit into that? with the centre shaft that low, you have to wonder what the biggest spur that will fit into it.

I had difficulty before trying to run anything small that a 72/20, by the look of thing, we will be struggling to fit a 70 spur.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hrm. someones host got hammered

anyone save those pics?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Looking at those pics of the gearbox case it seems nice and light but getting to the diffs is going to be very tricky indeed. There's not only the left and right halfs but there's the piece the driveshaft goes through, and if you look at this pic, it's going to be impoosible to unscrew whilst in place.

Piccy

The more I look at it the more things I see that will have to be detached to get at the diffs, it seems like most of the car needs to come apart

Rear diff cases as an example, you have- shock tower, chassis side braces, main chassis screws, rear suspension alloy hingepin holder, upper camber links, then you can probably slide the diff case out the rear.
Then you need to unscrew the front section of the diff case. Which seems like it may actually hold the suspension too, so you're pretty much taking off the whole rear assembly

It just seems everything is interlinked somehow, which stops you easily removing the diffs by either sliding them out of the ends or lifting them dirrectly up after unscrewing just a couple things.
I think they'll have to go with the upper and lower half option for diff cases just to get dissasembly a little more reasonable.

Other than that it's design is growing on me and I may just get one as my next tourer....
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Looking at those pics of the gearbox case it seems nice and light but getting to the diffs is going to be very tricky indeed. There's not only the left and right halfs but there's the piece the driveshaft goes through, and if you look at this pic, it's going to be impoosible to unscrew whilst in place.

Piccy

The more I look at it the more things I see that will have to be detached to get at the diffs, it seems like most of the car needs to come apart

Rear diff cases as an example, you have- shock tower, chassis side braces, main chassis screws, rear suspension alloy hingepin holder, upper camber links, then you can probably slide the diff case out the rear.
Then you need to unscrew the front section of the diff case. Which seems like it may actually hold the suspension too, so you're pretty much taking off the whole rear assembly

It just seems everything is interlinked somehow, which stops you easily removing the diffs by either sliding them out of the ends or lifting them dirrectly up after unscrewing just a couple things.
I think they'll have to go with the upper and lower half option for diff cases just to get dissasembly a little more reasonable.

Other than that it's design is growing on me and I may just get one as my next tourer....
Hermi...

ALEX from what I know is addressing some of the issues with the prototype right now... and is making some minor changes...( fingers crossed) .. but on the other hand PAL is going to be making ther version.. that "WILL" have top access diffs and motor mount... with a tad bit narrower chassis..and a few other bells and whistles..AKA ..you will not need any options
-Dave
Old 05-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

could they not build the diff cases like on the sd loading in from the back, that was the easiest car iv ever worked on
Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by John_S
could they not build the diff cases like on the sd loading in from the back, that was the easiest car iv ever worked on
Thats not a Bad idea.... I might be able to pass that info on to some people
-Dave
Old 05-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hermi...

ALEX from what I know is addressing some of the issues with the prototype right now... and is making some minor changes...( fingers crossed) .. but on the other hand PAL is going to be making ther version.. that "WILL" have top access diffs and motor mount... with a tad bit narrower chassis..and a few other bells and whistles..AKA ..you will not need any options
-Dave
Would of thought they'd make changes, otherwise people will be scared off by tricky maintanence.
I can think of a couple of good designs for the diffs cases myself using the current dimensions but different joint locations that would improve things and still be different from the competition.

The price for the standard Stinger is pretty high, the PAL version must be even worse October release date for the PAL version is good though
Old 05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
Would of thought they'd make changes, otherwise people will be scared off by tricky maintanence.
I can think of a couple of good designs for the diffs cases myself using the current dimensions but different joint locations that would improve things and still be different from the competition.

The price for the standard Stinger is pretty high, the PAL version must be even worse October release date for the PAL version is good though
If I remeber correctly.. the PAL R1 when it 1st came out was only about 6000~8000 Yen more than the standard R1 lit and it came with 90% OF THE OPTIONS THAT YOU NEEDED FOR THE R1 AT THE TIME.... and with the looks of it there really isn`t too many Options that you would need for the PAL Stinger... since they will include a new alloy blade style diff, woven carbon drive shaft and some Ti turnbuckles... there really shouldn`t be too much else you would need... but more too follow as I find out the info.
-Dave
Old 05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

yen doesn't mean much to me, but after a quick conversion online I see it's pretty reasonable Should make the kit about £250, which is pretty much what a lot of kits are here, although more and more and selling for £299

I like the sound of the alloy diff with blades, I hope they don't have standard steel screws that came with the Barracuda, if they have to be steel, atleast give them hex heads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.