Wiki Posts
Search

Associated TC3 steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Associated TC3 steering problem

I am running a associated TC3 with a standard setup with hpi vintage tires and wheels. i am running it with a stock 27 turn brushed motor with novak cyclone tc2 esc with 6 cell 2000 nicd batteries. Running on pavement. My problem is it is pushing hard to the right and spines out to the left. the only thing i havent checked out yet is the diff. could this be a possibility?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

The differential itself shouldnt have that noticable and one side effect. Most probably suspension / bearing problem. I think its hard to say from our point of view. You need to solve that by yourself.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L@gger
The differential itself shouldnt have that noticable and one side effect. Most probably suspension / bearing problem. I think its hard to say from our point of view. You need to solve that by yourself.
What do i look for? I have checked the bearings and they spin good. what on the suspension would cause this? it has copper front springs and silver rear.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Remove your shocks and remove the wheels. Lift and let each arm fall on its own. Do they fall freely? Do any of them stick, even a little?

Do you have equal steering throw? Do the wheels turn the same amount right and left?

With your shocks still disconnected, remove the springs and compress each shock. Do they feel even? Same (or very close to same) rebound? Do any of them want to stick when you compress it? Switch your shocks side to side (left ones on the right and vise-versa). Does the problem switch directions?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

I does much better now. I changed the front springs from copper to red. does much better. Thanks for the help i would have never though that spring change would make that much difference.