R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #211
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone done a front laydown shock mod for this car? my searchfu did not result in anything useful.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #212
Tech Regular
 
Red Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW ATL
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up


My WR8 Flux arrived today!

First observation: lots of slop in the steering linkage

Second observation: what an awesome looking car!

Third observation: DANG they put those wheel nuts on TIGHT!

Road report coming soon, 2S & 3S

Woo hoo!
__________________
Do it often, enjoy it & remember the best upgrade is practice!
Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #213
Tech Regular
 
MikeGozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sand View Post

My WR8 Flux arrived today!

First observation: lots of slop in the steering linkage

Second observation: what an awesome looking car!

Third observation: DANG they put those wheel nuts on TIGHT!

Road report coming soon, 2S & 3S

Woo hoo!
Oh yes, steering slip! Best thing to do is remove Thebes's servo saver and put on an alloy arm. This will help out a lot with the slop.

Mine originally has really bad steering issues, it was not centering proper and would pull this way and that. Adding an alloy steering arm made it feel like the car it should have been right away. One of the best mods right there.
MikeGozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #214
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

But the sloppy steering gives a character to drive. My original is due for overall.


Be good to read some thoughts from new owner. While didn't drive mine much this year. It's still one of my top vehicles.
Billy Kelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #215
Tech Adept
 
Cudacharger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I really enjoy running the WR8's....I lowered the car a bit and made some wheel changes & added some motor fans.


Clear window Monster Energy


Euro Digital Zebra Edition
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #216
Tech Regular
 
MikeGozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
But the sloppy steering gives a character to drive. My original is due for overall.


Be good to read some thoughts from new owner. While didn't drive mine much this year. It's still one of my top vehicles.
Heheh... indeed it does ;-)

I used to have so much fun with this chassis. When I was running the castle mamba max pro 3800kv 3s combo the car was a little beast. So much fun ripping that car on pavement and gravel. It looked like a real turbo beast buzzing all around the place.

It is nice to see the car getting some love again. Hopefully HPI keeps the chassis alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
I really enjoy running the WR8's....I lowered the car a bit and made some wheel changes & added some motor fans.


Clear window Monster Energy


Euro Digital Zebra Edition
Very nice! Very nice!
MikeGozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGozz View Post
Heheh... indeed it does ;-)

I used to have so much fun with this chassis. When I was running the castle mamba max pro 3800kv 3s combo the car was a little beast. So much fun ripping that car on pavement and gravel. It looked like a real turbo beast buzzing all around the place.

It is nice to see the car getting some love again. Hopefully HPI keeps the chassis alive

Might be finally time for me to change systems. Stock motor still going strong but 3 stock esc's failed. Both still have stock servos in them.

Very nice! Very nice!
That Zebra body always looked good. Just expensive when could find it.
Billy Kelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #218
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGozz View Post
Heheh... indeed it does ;-)

I used to have so much fun with this chassis. When I was running the castle mamba max pro 3800kv 3s combo the car was a little beast. So much fun ripping that car on pavement and gravel. It looked like a real turbo beast buzzing all around the place.

It is nice to see the car getting some love again. Hopefully HPI keeps the chassis alive



Very nice! Very nice!
That Zebra body always looked good. Just expensive when could find it. Might finally be time to change motor systems. Stock motor going strong. But 3 failed stock esc's, fourth one is heading that way.
Billy Kelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #219
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 5,016
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
That Zebra body always looked good. Just expensive when could find it. Might finally be time to change motor systems. Stock motor going strong. But 3 failed stock esc's, fourth one is heading that way.
Same results here- great motor (stupid fast) but poor stock esc. Have a new one installed and some new heavy big bore springs to try

__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #220
Tech Regular
 
MikeGozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

FWIW the 1:10 scale MambaMax Pro (aka SCT Pro now) is probably the best ESC to go with on the WR8.

I ran the HPI version on mine (it is the Q-Base) and it worked flawlessly.

It was light but definitely solid enough to run the stock motor on 3s pretty much all day long.

I can't praise it enough!
MikeGozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #221
Tech Adept
 
Cudacharger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Gozz you have yours setup up on rails.

MikeR- Very nice Exotek upgrades!

BK- I agree the body is expensive...trying to get the Euro spec WR8 flux car in the states was challenging.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #222
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 1,607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

^^^^ 2. You found 2 of the Cuda. Saw body once in eBay for over $100 plus $40 something for shipping.

Good to hear from some familiar names here.
Billy Kelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #223
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 5,016
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudacharger View Post
Thanks Gozz you have yours setup up on rails.

MikeR- Very nice Exotek upgrades!

BK- I agree the body is expensive...trying to get the Euro spec WR8 flux car in the states was challenging.

I need one of those!
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #224
Tech Apprentice
 
fkmliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California, Walnut
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Same results here- great motor (stupid fast) but poor stock esc. Have a new one installed and some new heavy big bore springs to try

Mike, this is a very nice looking chassis, I wish I can have one on mine. I also wish HPI can have the HPI challenge again so I can run the WR8 with you.
fkmliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #225
Tech Regular
 
MikeGozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkmliu View Post
Mike, this is a very nice looking chassis, I wish I can have one on mine. I also wish HPI can have the HPI challenge again so I can run the WR8 with you.
Damn!! I wish they had this out when I had my WR8 ;-) That is sweet looking! Price isn't too bad either.

http://www.exotekracing.com/wr8-spee...-hpi-wr8-flux/
MikeGozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net