Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What about battery holders? Do the old T3'12 battery holders fit the new T4? Same mounting holes? I've got a set of carbon fiber battery holders from Team SR and I'm wondering if those will fit the T4 as well.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
What about battery holders? Do the old T3'12 battery holders fit the new T4? Same mounting holes? I've got a set of carbon fiber battery holders from Team SR and I'm wondering if those will fit the T4 as well.
Yeah. They will fit. I use my aluminum ones from my T3.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Yeah. They will fit. I use my aluminum ones from my T3.
The carbon tsrs do not fit without some modding.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hmm, ok. I'll just order a set of the Xray ones since I'm gonna put a massive order in anyway.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
The carbon tsrs do not fit without some modding.
That's good to know. I was going to put some on my Mod car. Guess I will just get the aluminum ones again.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
That's good to know. I was going to put some on my Mod car. Guess I will just get the aluminum ones again.
Xray has carbon adjustable battery mounts for the t4 available. I'm sure rca has them in stock.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

hi all,just continuing on my set up issues,here is the set up i started with
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=430&setup=t4
the changes i made were a drop from 2000cst to 1000cst in the rear diff,front springs changed to the 2.3/2.6 progressives and laid the front shock in another hole and i managed a new pb (dont get too worked up it was only 1 second) but faster none the less,went from a 14.69 to a 14.41 with a lot more consistency to my run,during qualifying i only had old rubber which was worn through to the belting so to go a sec faster on old worn out rubber cheered me up,so had a look in my tyre box of a few old tyres and found 3 tyres slightly better than the ones on the car,i hit the second final and had my best run so far with the t4 ,still alot of work to do to get the other half a second, some of this time is still me as after ten years away im still improving my skills,so next up will be shock oils,most run 400 but ill try 400/450/500 to see what works better,if anyone has any suggestions towards ackerman and why or if i should change what i have,its better in the slower corners but is pushing going into the banked sweeper(that might just be the tyres) so next meeting,new boots will confirm if im going in the right direction,thanks for all your help so far,you know who you are
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I'm looking at building a T4 for our upcoming onroad season. I was planning on getting ECS's for the front, the CF upper bumper brace, and front gear diff. Are there other things you guys would suggest I consider getting?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Odin544
Hey guys,

I'm looking at building a T4 for our upcoming onroad season. I was planning on getting ECS's for the front, the CF upper bumper brace, and front gear diff. Are there other things you guys would suggest I consider getting?
a spring set will help with tuning and maybe some roll bars,having a spare rear diff with a different oil will help as it reduces time trackside ,easier to change a diff than having to change the oil aswell
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Region 4 Race

First weekend out with the car on asphalt @ the ROAR Region 4 electric road Regionals (http://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-...regionals.html) and all weekend i was chasing more rotation and more steering. My setup to get the car into an A main final podium position was a bit odd ball from what some other guys had, but it definitely was one of the fastest sedans according to track times.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=440&setup=t4

if you are chasing more steering or rotation, switch the shims in the rear arms so the arms move closer to the front. Car will rotate a lot better
Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Odin544
Hey guys,

no need for the ECSs, but definitely get a front gear diff and put 1M or 2.5M CST in there. Also, grab the upgraded diff out drives (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Adapter-Set-2). Springs are a must, 2 sets of 2.3s 2 sets of 2.5 and one of 2.7s (the stock kit comes with 2.7s in the front).
Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esckalayd
First weekend out with the car on asphalt @ the ROAR Region 4 electric road Regionals (http://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-...regionals.html) and all weekend i was chasing more rotation and more steering. My setup to get the car into an A main final podium position was a bit odd ball from what some other guys had, but it definitely was one of the fastest sedans according to track times.

if you are chasing more steering or rotation, switch the shims in the rear arms so the arms move closer to the front. Car will rotate a lot better
I am guessing you are talking about making the wheelbase shorter. Yes that will for sure make the car rotate but it will make the car twitchy and faster reaction.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esckalayd

you could try a lower weight oil in the rear diff
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
my first move would be decrease rear camber and take shim out under inside rear camber link or add outside if you are not at max. Then if still needed shorten rear links.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I am guessing you are talking about making the wheelbase shorter. Yes that will for sure make the car rotate but it will make the car twitchy and faster reaction.
That is how i drive and setup my cars, need to know if i barely touch the wheel she is turning. Watch some of the best drivers in the world, their cars do the same thing. They barely move the wheel to steer through corners.

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
I thought about dropping 2k in there but just didn't have any

Originally Posted by Mugen10
my first move would be decrease rear camber and take shim out under inside rear camber link or add outside if you are not at max. Then if still needed shorten rear links.
Rear camber was already 1 degree and rear links were already short. I thought taking shims out lowers roll center, therefore making the car push more?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.