R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 AM   #2836
Tech Regular
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The kit comes with aluminum hex, a set of suspension shims and a plastic belt stabilizer.
Get the servo center mount and the aluminum fan mount. Next on the list would be dcjs and steel spool outdrives.
__________________
RSD Speedway
Jorge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #2837
Tech Regular
 
mrjudd77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 251
Default

nudge.
If you are at Brendale for Friday racing. I can bring you a front spool with spring steel outdrives and a set of DJC's if you want them. I usually have a few spares as well. I am on my 3rd Spec-R. Where are you planning on racing? also the alu hexs are not wide enough to space the contact rims that most people use here. I am running 6mm locking hexs front and rear I also have 2 spacers on the rear and 1 on the front. Need to find some better offset foams to run on this car.
__________________
HPI Sprint 2 Flux (second ed.) Porsche 911 GT3 (sold)
Spec-R S-1
Spec-R R-1
http://au.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/yc8/1wmmuv8/s/tx/cx/1/
mrjudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #2838
DBM
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 562
Default

I believe that he is wanting the Pro Spec which already includes the aluminum fan Mount and center servo mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
The kit comes with aluminum hex, a set of suspension shims and a plastic belt stabilizer.
Get the servo center mount and the aluminum fan mount. Next on the list would be dcjs and steel spool outdrives.
DBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #2839
DBM
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 562
Default

The wheel bearings are 5x10x4. The rest of the bearings in the kit should be fine since they aren't under the same loading conditions as the wheel bearings. The xray hard bumper that I bought was the wrong one. ....it was too thick. There is a thinner one that fits. I bought one but haven't installed it yet. I'll find the part number right away.
The kit comes with 5mm aluminum hexes, but I now run 6mm ones and the front wheels still rub the lower arms when turning. 7mm in the front is needed (or 6mm with a 1mm spacer).
You might want to order a pack of 3mm ID and 5mm ID shim washers in 0.1mm, 0.2mm, and*0.3mm thicknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge2325 View Post
Hi Guys and Girls( if there are any around)

I am looking at buying an R1 ProSpec and was wondering if the following were included or needed to be bought separately.
1: Spec-R ( SPR-R1A110 ) Spec-R R1 Alu. Wheel Hex (4pcs) ( Cant tell be the photos of the car)
2: Spec-R ( SPR-R1H711 ) Spec-R R1 Suspension Mount Spacer Set
3:Spec-R ( SPR-R1H715 ) Spec-R R1 Alu. Belt Stabilizer Mount( Is this really needed?)

Also can someone list the bearing sizes as i have heard they arent that flash in the kit and should be replaced to reduce slop.

Also anything else apart from Front gear diff or DJC's, xray steering hubs, and hard bumper and spare arms and C hubs that i should get straight off the bat when ordering the kit.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the number of questions.

Cheers
Nudge
DBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #2840
Tech Addict
 
nudge2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane QLD
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the replies.

DBM you are correct. I am going to buy a Pro Spec.

MRJudd thanks for the offer and i will take you up on it eventually. I work away on a 2-2 roster so when i am at home i am going to try to come up and at least have a look on a Friday night( wouldn't mind organising it with you to have a look at your R1.) It wont be this Friday as i am still away but maybe next Friday or the one after. As i live on the South side I will probably mainly race at Bayside as i only live 2 mins from the track and maybe Logan but hopefully on occasions I hope to get up to Brendale as well.


Cheers

Adrian
nudge2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #2841
Tech Adept
 
SlowGuySam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

For the S1 I know it doesn't come with the sway bars but does it come with all the mounting hardware and I just need to buy the bars or are there other parts I need to get as well? Just want to have all the parts ready in one order so part numbers would be appreciated. Thanks.
SlowGuySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #2842
Tech Regular
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
I believe that he is wanting the Pro Spec which already includes the aluminum fan Mount and center servo mount.
I forgot about that.
To solve the front wheels rubbing on the shock I flipped the a-arms and use C hole. The overall feel is much better and gives the car more entry, mid and exit corner speed.
Running wide hexes in front will scrub off too much speed at corner entry.
__________________
RSD Speedway
Jorge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #2843
DBM
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
I forgot about that.
To solve the front wheels rubbing on the shock I flipped the a-arms and use C hole. The overall feel is much better and gives the car more entry, mid and exit corner speed.
Running wide hexes in front will scrub off too much speed at corner entry.
The rubbing on my car wasn't coming from the shock, it was from the inside of the wheel contacting the end of the lower arm. Flipping the arm and moving the shock inboard won't fix this, unfortunately.
DBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #2844
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis give or take...
Posts: 659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
The rubbing on my car wasn't coming from the shock, it was from the inside of the wheel contacting the end of the lower arm. Flipping the arm and moving the shock inboard won't fix this, unfortunately.
Very common problem for those of us using the Spec-R for VTA. The vintage wheels are too deep.

I have to run 7mm hexes on the front. You might be able to get away with 6mm. 6.5mm would be best.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #2845
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,725
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .crispy View Post
Very common problem for those of us using the Spec-R for VTA. The vintage wheels are too deep.

I have to run 7mm hexes on the front. You might be able to get away with 6mm. 6.5mm would be best.
I run 6mm hexes all around but add a 1mm spacer to add clearance for VTA.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #2846
Tech Regular
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
The rubbing on my car wasn't coming from the shock, it was from the inside of the wheel contacting the end of the lower arm. Flipping the arm and moving the shock inboard won't fix this, unfortunately.
What wheels are you running? I had that problem with TOP and Exotek wheels. But not with Solaris or Sorex (Schumacher wheel) premounts. I've noticed that some wheels have longer ribs inside. I ended sanding down the lower a-arms contact points to clear my Exotek wheels.

Running on high grip carpet, at full lock, the outside tire rubs on the lower shock mount when using the D-hole.
__________________
RSD Speedway
Jorge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #2847
DBM
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 562
Default

I'm using sweep exp premounts. 6mm hex and some sanding of the wheel fixed it. I added ackerman to compensate for the wider front track width.
DBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #2848
Tech Regular
 
mrjudd77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge2325 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

DBM you are correct. I am going to buy a Pro Spec.

MRJudd thanks for the offer and i will take you up on it eventually. I work away on a 2-2 roster so when i am at home i am going to try to come up and at least have a look on a Friday night( wouldn't mind organising it with you to have a look at your R1.) It wont be this Friday as i am still away but maybe next Friday or the one after. As i live on the South side I will probably mainly race at Bayside as i only live 2 mins from the track and maybe Logan but hopefully on occasions I hope to get up to Brendale as well.


Cheers

Adrian
The racing at Brendale is every other Friday njight, there are other meets but I don't get to them. I have the Standard R1 (and 2 S1's, 1 that is used for parts and the other that is being setup for indoor carpet at Trackside) the R1 has a couple of upgrades including the alloy fan mount, center servo rack amd alloy belt tensioner. Also has Tamiya low friction ball cups and Titanium turnbuckles (although I haven't replaced them all yet).

It is a great idea to get to as many tracks as possible as this will improve your driving. I race at brendale as it is only 5 min away from my place. I haven't been to the southside tracks yet but have been north to Landsborough.


Slowguysam, you do need a couple of other bits to get the sway bars attached. they are
SPR-R1A123 R1 Rod Stopper
SPR-R1H716 R1 Sway Bar Set
SPR-R1B802 Set Screw M3x4
I think they are all you need you might need some additional
SPR-R1A102 R1 Alu, Ball Studs 5mm and
a few more ball cups.
__________________
HPI Sprint 2 Flux (second ed.) Porsche 911 GT3 (sold)
Spec-R S-1
Spec-R R-1
http://au.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/yc8/1wmmuv8/s/tx/cx/1/
mrjudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #2849
Tech Initiate
 
PEEKracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 45
Default

Other than looking nice, why are you all getting the aluminum fan mount? The plastic one works fine, except for blocking access to the spur layshaft screw.
PEEKracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #2850
DBM
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEEKracing View Post
Other than looking nice, why are you all getting the aluminum fan mount? The plastic one works fine, except for blocking access to the spur layshaft screw.
I agree about the plastic one being just fine. My Pro Spec came with the aluminum one, so I use it. In almost all cases, the plastic parts are much lighter than their aluminum counterparts, so if isn't a highly stressed part, the plastic part will often be the better option.
DBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Type-R Andrew Gray Electric On-Road 13416 12-21-2016 06:45 PM
2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals andrewdoherty Electric On-Road 774 04-04-2012 04:26 PM
JR R1 Pro w/ case for sale... Sorcerer001 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-10-2004 12:44 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0