Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reciever ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Reciever ?'s

What's up? I have an interesting radio situation. I have an Airtronics M8 radio (75mhz), and I want to use a Novak XXL reciever for it that I can get for a screamin' deal. However, I have one small quandary. The reciever is indeed FM 75mhz, but it is one that is tuned for a JR radio. I have tested this reciever on the workbench and it is compatible with my M8, but my question lies in wondering if it will glitch when I am racing because it has been tuned for a JR radio. I'm probably being paranoid, but I just dont want it to EVER glitch.... will it???
Old 07-18-2002, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

It might, differant receivers have differant antenna lengths. Tell you the truth, I wouldn't use a novak receiver or any other aftermarket receiver but that's just me.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

any more ideas?
Old 07-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Won't find out till you try
Old 07-21-2002, 06:35 PM
DNQ
Tech Initiate

I thought your question was quite interesting, so although I do not own the XXL, I did some research into it.

You can download the instruction manual for the XXL from the Novak website. According to the instruction manual (and I quote to make sure I get it absolutely right):

"On 75Mhz it is VERY IMPORTANT that you use the XXL receiver made for your brand of transmitter...using it with a different radio brand will result in less than optimal performance."

So I suppose the short answer is that if you are very concerned about glitching, you're going to have to pass on this excellent deal.