Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Serpent Cobra GT-E

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Yes, I'm running the stock steel spur gear. Got a new steel 44T spur gear to install, so I don't need huge pinions. Do you like the regular white rims over the black ROK rims?
Sweep's ROK color rims is just preferences in matching your body's color.
When my hobby shop order tires from them, we specify color choice because they only mount rim & tires as order. Black blends in most color & white just give some Bling!
This front suspension does product lots of caster pitch in full lock to lock
which I also wish in dailying it out more. I just can not believe default set up sheets claim -2 Front and - 3 Rear in Camber. I dial out to - 1 F to -2 Rear just try to get my tires to wear even.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am putting the final touches and hope to race it at our next race. Hopefully it will be a few seconds faster than my GTP.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sweet body Al, where the hell did u find it? Haha
Old 06-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

It's the Kyosho Ferrari with my paint that I somewhat copied from the real thing.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Sweet body Al, where the hell did u find it? Haha
Yea, where the hell did you find anicent F430GT1 Clear body??
Old 06-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AlGio
It's the Kyosho Ferrari with my paint that I somewhat copied from the real thing.
I've had a few of the kyosho Ferrari pre painted body's that I never ended up using because I felt they were to nice and rare to mess up racing so I sold them on ebay

Finding unpainted Ferrari's is even more difficult. Now I'm going to be really nervous on the sweeper not to run into you because I don't want to scuff up your body haha

Nice job.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evo 13
That body looks tuff man!

Too bad doesn't look as pretty anymore like this with many battle scares which is why changed to Sweep's.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Plastic Steering Servo Mount, what crap!

I can not believe this million dollar Chassis have such flaw design in a plastic Servo mount/Receiver box. For weeks on outdoor parking lot track testing, I can not understand why after few minutes into a 5 minute qualifier that I loose steering turn in and car will start to understeer.
What is happening is the Plastic upright steering servo mount is flexing so bad from the Chassis heating up like a huge heat sink. You can see the who Steering Servo moving in car trying to do lock to lock on 130F. hot tarmac. Once chassis cools down, the plastic flex less. So now I have to buy that $110.00 Radiotray set light alu/carbon 811-E with a Aluminum Steering Servo tray to resolve this !!!.
End up giving up and drive my Inferno GT2 VE who is trouble free and 1/2 the price in basic which was quicker!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by machgo5go
Sweep's ROK color rims is just preferences in matching your body's color.
When my hobby shop order tires from them, we specify color choice because they only mount rim & tires as order. Black blends in most color & white just give some Bling!
This front suspension does product lots of caster pitch in full lock to lock
which I also wish in dailying it out more. I just can not believe default set up sheets claim -2 Front and - 3 Rear in Camber. I dial out to - 1 F to -2 Rear just try to get my tires to wear even.
Just got my Yeah Racing motor heatsink/twin fan setup. Moves a lot of air so it should work great keeping temps down, especially since I geared up as well. Running it off an external CC BEC set to 5V. Fans themselves get hot and draw a lot of power at 7.4V, so I didn't want to run it straight off a receiver plug, and risk burning up traces in the receiver or overloading the RX8 Gen2 BEC, which is set at 7.4V.

A little birdy told me Serpent is supposed to release 0 deg caster blocks for the Cobra GT series cars. Soon I hope!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

After spending million $ on this chassis with additional light weight kit to resolve Steering Servo moving under stress and heat problem from stock and also steering servo hard spring, it seem to resolve that problem.
But somehow it never resolve the on power understeer push this chassis's characteristic out of corner acceleration.
It has great off throttle turn in steering. Is this normal in Serpent's thinking in design which cause by factory accessive 12 degree Caster??
I wonder if anyone here feel same on track condition?
Now I ordered 10 Degree C-Hub to see if make a different.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats with these prices?

http://www.amainrchobby.com/serpent-c-16_42_329/
Old 07-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

After spending million $ on this chassis with additional light weight kit to resolve Steering Servo moving under stress and heat problem from stock and also steering servo hard spring, it seem to resolve that problem.
But somehow it never resolve the on power understeer push this chassis's characteristic out of corner acceleration.
It has great off throttle turn in steering. Is this normal in Serpent's thinking in design which cause by factory accessive 12 degree Caster??
I wonder if anyone here feel same on track condition?
Now I ordered 10 Degree C-Hub to see if make a different.
Most people use the buggy 10 deg caster blocks, to help keep the tires flatter during cornering. The 0 deg steering arms should give you more on power steering. I've also found, but not yet tested, that if you flip the front-front hinge pin block upside down, it takes some kickup out of the front arms, which should also help keep the tires flatter during cornering. Eventually, hopefully soon, we should see 0 deg caster blocks from Serpent.
There are so many adjustments to play with, to tune out things like on power push. Also, and it may just be how your picture was taken, it looks like you have a lot of toe out in the front. That will give you a lot of turn-in, but cost you steering coming out of the turns. Try less front toe out, get the 10 deg. buggy caster blocks, and the 0 deg. aluminum steering arms.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Most people use the buggy 10 deg caster blocks, to help keep the tires flatter during cornering. The 0 deg steering arms should give you more on power steering. I've also found, but not yet tested, that if you flip the front-front hinge pin block upside down, it takes some kickup out of the front arms, which should also help keep the tires flatter during cornering. Eventually, hopefully soon, we should see 0 deg caster blocks from Serpent.
There are so many adjustments to play with, to tune out things like on power push. Also, and it may just be how your picture was taken, it looks like you have a lot of toe out in the front. That will give you a lot of turn-in, but cost you steering coming out of the turns. Try less front toe out, get the 10 deg. buggy caster blocks, and the 0 deg. aluminum steering arms.

This is what I ordered for now which I assume is the same as Buggy 10 deg caster block?
I will lessing toe and see if make a different also.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

This is what I ordered for now which I assume is the same as Buggy 10 deg caster block?
I will lessing toe and see if make a different also.
Yes, those are the correct caster blocks. AFAIK, there are no 'truggy' specific 10 deg. caster blocks. Only the buggy ones. They are also available in aluminum, but not sure the extra cost is worth it.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, those are the correct caster blocks. AFAIK, there are no 'truggy' specific 10 deg. caster blocks. Only the buggy ones. They are also available in aluminum, but not sure the extra cost is worth it.
Thanks for the info. I stick with these plastic ones.
After dial out the toe out and stagger Sweep EXP 45 fronts and EXP 50 rears Radial, it made a hell of a different in just less then 1 degrees of - Camber.
Front end had a good bit accelerating out of corner which made rear little bit loose but it was just testing at air temperature of 90+ so ground temperature probably at 130 + or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.