Wiki Posts
Search

Br00d and DCmotorsports vs Orion/Peak

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Br00d and DCmotorsports vs Orion/Peak

Hello
I need some advice from people that have some experience with V2 motors. I'd like to know if Motor tuned by Br00d and DCmotorsports are really better than Orion/Peak?
Please write your opinion.

What is the difference between Br00d motors and DCmotorsports?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

I didn't try orion and dc, but a friend of mine got 12x1 br00d and it's awesome! extremely powerful, fast, realiable and sprint brushes with comm after 10 runs seem like new!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

I drive Brood stuff here in Florida nad it is really fast!!! If you get a mod from Eddie you willnot be disappointed. Brood and dc make really high quality stuff.

John
Old 03-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

In the case of motors, I would personally have the tendacy to choose a good, small able builder vs a lager one. The Orion motor is great but they make so many of them and they cannot possibly put in the time that a builder like Brood would. Plus you be support a small, American company.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

If your not set on the V2 motor. Check out Team High Velocity mod motors. Link is in my signature.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by koabich
In the case of motors, I would personally have the tendacy to choose a good, small able builder vs a lager one. The Orion motor is great but they make so many of them and they cannot possibly put in the time that a builder like Brood would. Plus you be support a small, American company.
Beware, some small builders do not even produce their own armatures in house, but farm the work out to armature "mills" that produce piecework armatures.

FYI, Team Orion Inc. is an American corporation supporting 20 American workers.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like Br00d motors also. I had a 10x2 V2 touring and just bought a Br00d armature for it. The motor really came to life with that arm, much quicker than with the stock arm. Cheaper if you already have a can also.

take care
john
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think it comes down to attention to detail and invidually done motors....

We build our motors to the customers specs, as requested......Orion does not do that. It's not that they do not have the ability, but its because they are a mass market company.....they simply need to make as many motors as they can as fast as they can.....while making sure each wind works well in all conditions.....

Problem is, those motors will rarely work great anywhere.....Our winds are specifically done for certain classes, tracks, etc.....we will even wind the motor to your specs if you know what wire guage will work best for your track.

Our arms are completely done by us. Not only do we wind the arms, but we fully process them like any of the other big companies would. Not many of the smaller tuners do this, as the equipment required is very expensive.

Our arms come thread wrapped (10 turns and below) and we polish the stacks on all of them, with the wind engraved on the arm.

All of our motors come with an extra set of brushes and a reuseable motor tube.....while being fully broken in and ready to run when you get them.....

DC motorsports is a quality company who does similar stuff as us....you would not be disappointed in their product. A while back, my winder was injured in a fire, so I had Curtis (owner of DC) wind up some stuff for me to hold me over till his arm was better....the quality was top notch.

High Velocity doesn't wind any of their mods, they simply resticker and add brushes/springs to the motors with a tune up....you are essentially getting a trinity mod with their sticker on it....

And if results speak for you....

br00d power took a podium finish in all the onroad classes but one at snowbirds...including first place in 1/12th scale modified.

Later EddieO
Old 03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Beware, some small builders do not even produce their own armatures in house, but farm the work out to armature "mills" that produce piecework armatures.

FYI, Team Orion Inc. is an American corporation supporting 20 American workers.
Well i drive for Team brOOd her in the UK and have just had some arms wound to my speck and believe me they are wound perfect and are much faster than any orion arm thats wound by one of the 20 workers they have.........
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can also vouch for the quality of br00d motors. I've been driving for Eddie for about 5 months now and ran his motors for about 4 months before that. I've always had top notch quality and speed from Eddie. I've run his V2, KR, Ti, and D6 based motors and all have been great. Not that there's anything wrong with the motors from larger companies like Orion/Peak etc... I would just prefer to deal with a tuner who builds and winds each motor specifically for your application.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, I thought he was talking about "tuned" motors. But if it's hand-wound armatures, br00d seems to best the best in the customer satisfaction department.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

dicort
go for the DC or br00d range, it is that simple, no complications
if you know what you want you ie;;1/12th,touring,offroad
tell dc or br00d & they in turn will do you one

these 2 company`s don`t relable there motors totally inhouse build
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Mal

Every motor I have bought from Eddie has been fast. Plus you can't beat Eddies customer service, something the bigger companies lack.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

eddie O

sent you PM
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.