bump

Any reviews/pics/questions are welcome
Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holly W
bump

Any reviews/pics/questions are welcome
I will be doing a review of the new 6300 70C pack this weekend sometime...

I will post when I get it completed!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys
anyone have a starting setup for 21.5 boosted using hobbywing v2.1
today i did all the software and a friend of mine uses the same esc and he put the settings he uses with his orion motor.
gave it a good little revving on the table here and there touched the can and it was at 35 degrees Celsius. put the endbell timing all the way down helped a touch
please any help will be considered first time racing brushless dont want to blow up my 21.5 track and field in 2 laps
thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XC550TF

Hi guys

I've spammed the DualSky forums a bit because I'm desperate to solve this problem before a big race next weekend.

Both me and a friend are running XC550TF ESCs with a DualSky 21.5 in F104s. We both are not using timing advance on the ESC, but a small amount on the motor. He has a Futaba while I run an Airtronics. After calibrating and using 23-88 gearing, we both have a strange lag on the straight.

Both cars will pull on the entrance to the straight full throttle, then after 30-50 feet (half the straight) it seems to kick into a second gear as if boost were applied.

Why the lag? Why not a gradual speed increase until the motor hits top end? Or immediate full power since it is only a 21.5 motor?

We are using the latest software only to dial in brakes and increase start (punch).

What is the next step to make sure we are getting maximum power ASAP on the straight?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Hi guys

I've spammed the DualSky forums a bit because I'm desperate to solve this problem before a big race next weekend.

Both me and a friend are running XC550TF ESCs with a DualSky 21.5 in F104s. We both are not using timing advance on the ESC, but a small amount on the motor. He has a Futaba while I run an Airtronics. After calibrating and using 23-88 gearing, we both have a strange lag on the straight.

Both cars will pull on the entrance to the straight full throttle, then after 30-50 feet (half the straight) it seems to kick into a second gear as if boost were applied.

Why the lag? Why not a gradual speed increase until the motor hits top end? Or immediate full power since it is only a 21.5 motor?

We are using the latest software only to dial in brakes and increase start (punch).

What is the next step to make sure we are getting maximum power ASAP on the straight?

Thanks for your help.
You're not the only one to have this problem running 21.5 motors, I ran into this same problem over the winter and I'm still waiting on a new firmware update to fix this problem. In the mean time I put a Hobbywing Justock in my car and it's fine
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
You're not the only one to have this problem running 21.5 motors, I ran into this same problem over the winter and I'm still waiting on a new firmware update to fix this problem. In the mean time I put a Hobbywing Justock in my car and it's fine
Good to know.

I'm in Shanghai and finding English support is difficult to find. I also don't want to complain about DualSky as they are doing a great job supplying motors and ESCs for the SGP1 F1 league here.

Does this problem also happen with a 17.5 in blinky mode?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
Good to know.

I'm in Shanghai and finding English support is difficult to find. I also don't want to complain about DualSky as they are doing a great job supplying motors and ESCs for the SGP1 F1 league here.

Does this problem also happen with a 17.5 in blinky mode?
I didn't notice any lag with a 17.5, only the 21.5