Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:53 PM
TLR
Tech Initiate

Posting the setup would be great, thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Here is Andrew Hardman's carpet setup from this past weekends test at The Gate.

Keep in mind, this car is still very new to us and the setup will be changing as we learn more. I will keep posting setups only when I feel the car is significantly better.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-andrew-hardmans-bd7-setup.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoreyW.
Here is Andrew Hardman's carpet setup from this past weekends test at The Gate.

Keep in mind, this car is still very new to us and the setup will be changing as we learn more. I will keep posting setups only when I feel the car is significantly better.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! How far forward do you have the body mounted? My car feels like its floating and I'm runnin a similar setup with 60wt oil and normal wheelbase, but my body is pretty far foward.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Thanks! How far forward do you have the body mounted? My car feels like its floating and I'm runnin a similar setup with 60wt oil and normal wheelbase, but my body is pretty far foward.
Body position only effects steering, not overall grip. We have the body mounted approx. 2mm ahead of the most forward position. To be more specific, I have cut the body 2mm behind the cut lines that Protoform stamps into the body for the front wheels.

To address the "floating" issue, you must make sure that you know where you stand with the following three things:

1. Low grip condition(track surface)

Is your track always low grip? If so, then setup changes are needed - if not, do not chase the track as grip may change throughout the day.

2. Tires.

Are your tires in good shape? If yes, are they a good tire to begin with? Rule of thumb; Do not set your car up on old tires unless they are proven to work better than new(Jaco for example).

3. Tire sauce.

Use a sauce that most others at your track have. Sometimes, additives do not mix well, especially when a particular brand is used by a majority of those racing. Paul Lemeiux's new LGC compound works fantastic - much better than Jack, so I would start there if this is a concern of yours.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I think you need to try lighter oil Pete
My BD-7 lost grip when I ran over 450 cst

Cool we got a hot shoe like Andrew running a Yok now
Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I think you need to try lighter oil Pete
My BD-7 lost grip when I ran over 450 cst
Or go to a larger piston hole size in conjunction with the heavier oil ala Kevens' TC6 set-ups. I.E. 1,1,1.5 or 1.2x3. I'm a big fan of this dampening setup and the old style Losi 56 pistons drop right in (which is around 1.19mm IIRC).

Mike Slaughter
Old 09-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Ok. I'll try 450 again. I need to get some more track time with the Jaco blues. The car just seems floaty and has less forward traction when i put the Jacos on. Now that I look at it, your setup has less uptravel than mine. I will try both.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Body position only effects steering, not overall grip. We have the body mounted approx. 2mm ahead of the most forward position. To be more specific, I have cut the body 2mm behind the cut lines that Protoform stamps into the body for the front wheels.

To address the "floating" issue, you must make sure that you know where you stand with the following three things:

1. Low grip condition(track surface)

Is your track always low grip? If so, then setup changes are needed - if not, do not chase the track as grip may change throughout the day.

2. Tires.

Are your tires in good shape? If yes, are they a good tire to begin with? Rule of thumb; Do not set your car up on old tires unless they are proven to work better than new(Jaco for example).

3. Tire sauce.

Use a sauce that most others at your track have. Sometimes, additives do not mix well, especially when a particular brand is used by a majority of those racing. Paul Lemeiux's new LGC compound works fantastic - much better than Jack, so I would start there if this is a concern of yours.
Im running on a medium grip carpet track and i was using 4 run old Jaco Blues at the start of the day. Unfortunately the track is exclusive to Jack the gripper and SXT. Grip does change a little as the day goes on but I feel like the balance is off.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
Or go to a larger piston hole size in conjunction with the heavier oil ala Kevens' TC6 set-ups. I.E. 1,1,1.5 or 1.2x3. I'm a big fan of this dampening setup and the old style Losi 56 pistons drop right in (which is around 1.19mm IIRC).

Mike Slaughter
Actually I drilled my pistons to 1.15mm
Old 09-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your track is low bite, or really worn carpet, I would suggest NOT cleaning the tires every run. Jacos are very sensitive to this - allot of time they are best left alone. If you do clean the tires, ONLY do it just before you apply sauce for the next run or you risk drying out the tire.

Setup wise, you can try standing up the shocks another hole which will improve forward bite.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your track is low bite, or really worn carpet, I would suggest NOT cleaning the tires every run. Jacos are very sensitive to this - allot of time they are best left alone. If you do clean the tires, ONLY do it just before you apply sauce for the next run or you risk drying out the tire.

Setup wise, you can try standing up the shocks another hole which will improve forward bite.
+1 Corey gave me this advice and it works very well!

Grant
Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Interesting...I'll try that this week! I was cleaning the tires with SXT or motor spray.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Corey - don't give away all of Andrew's "go fast" secrets now! I'm excited to see him with a potent weapon. Cya at Vegas!!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Holy Blue parts

I do believe Amain will sell all their Yoks kits...... ...get em while you can
one of the Top North American mechanics posting on the Yok thread....

I do believe Yok made an excellent move in picking this team.

2014 Year of the Andrew
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

We appreciate the warm welcome to the team, guys! Our transition from Xray has gone much smoother than we anticipated, and the car has shown itself to be MORE than capable of delivering results. I know Andrew very well, and to be honest, this is the most confident I have seen him in loooong time! More than likely, this is due to the strong performance the car has shown in the short time we have had them, and we are extremely excited to see what the rest of 2013/2014 has in store for us.

I will do my best to help you guys when needed- if you see us at the track, do not hesitate to come say hi, or ask for help.

Thanks again everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.