Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, can anybody please tell me what Sakura suspension mounts are compatible with the D3? I can only find one that seems specifically for the D3 (front) but surely others are compatible, ie Zero, FF etc, I just don't know which and don't want to waste money on the wrong ones.

Thanks!!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Or simpler yet, if anyone has replaced them what did they get?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default sakura d3 cs

My sakura d3 cs steering does not have angles like 55* i have installed the ultra wide angle shaft by 3racing, aluminium steering by boom racing and aluminium knuckle by boom racing. I hv seen some ppl having more than 45* steering with stock component. Can somebody have a nice heart and explain it to me pls
Old 09-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mervinnn
My sakura d3 cs steering does not have angles like 55* i have installed the ultra wide angle shaft by 3racing, aluminium steering by boom racing and aluminium knuckle by boom racing. I hv seen some ppl having more than 45* steering with stock component. Can somebody have a nice heart and explain it to me pls

U have to use the real 3racing parts. The boom racing junk is just alloy copies of the stock plastic parts and dont allow for 55 degrees like the 3racing parts do.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gerakatom
U have to use the real 3racing parts. The boom racing junk is just alloy copies of the stock plastic parts and dont allow for 55 degrees like the 3racing parts do.
So i have to install the 3racing steering arm and 3racing knuckle in order to have the 55* angle? Thanks for that
Old 09-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mervinnn
So i have to install the 3racing steering arm and 3racing knuckle in order to have the 55* angle? Thanks for that
yes you gotta use the aluminum 3racing parts. might need the c hubs too but im not sure.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I've been skimming through this thread, and have seen a lot of nice builds! I need some advise as this is my 1st RC build, I recently received a Sakura D3 CS kit as a present, but I need to purchase all the other items to get it running.

Here is a list of what I'm about to order;

3Racing Belt Tension Post For Sakura Zero, XI Sport, Ultimate #SAK-58/PK
3Racing Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 #SAK-D310/PK
3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK
3Racing Ultra Wide Angle Universal Driveshafts for Sakura D3 #SAK-D331

SPEED PASSION Reventon Pro 1.1 + Competition V3.0 10.5R Combo
(do i need anything else for Wifi connectivity?)

I need some advice as to what battery/radio/servo shall one get for this for a budget setup.

If there is anything else one can recommend please feel free to mention it, as stated its my 1st build

Thanks in advance.

- Dustin
Old 09-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TrickyFingersNZ
Hi guys, can anybody please tell me what Sakura suspension mounts are compatible with the D3? I can only find one that seems specifically for the D3 (front) but surely others are compatible, ie Zero, FF etc, I just don't know which and don't want to waste money on the wrong ones.

Thanks!!
Dude, I just picked up a full kit for this today! I can give you the part numbers for both the stock and option parts straight out of the book. They are listed as follows...

STOCK SPARE PARTS:

SAK-D109 (steering & shock tower set)

OPTION PARTS:

SAK-D307/SG (SSG front graphite shock tower)
SAK-D308/SG (SSG rear graphite shock tower)

Hope this helps man
Peace
Old 09-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dustin.H
I need some advice as to what battery/radio/servo
You might want to consider a low profile servo (eg savox1251), my Savox SC-1257TG was too big to fit the servosaver properly.
For the radio i took a gamble with the cheap Flysky gt3c, seems perfectly fine (haven't used it much yet though). They say the wires to the powerswitch on the (moving) wheel will break eventually. That's easy to fix.
As for batteries, any hardcase 4000mAh 2S1P 30C Zippy or Turnigy takes longer to empty (40+minutes) than i care to drift in one go
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone else tried swapping the rear and front suspension mounts (RF-0's and FR-0's)? I did it and it eliminates the rear toe. All I had to do was just adjust the front to accommodate the extra toe out. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked .
Old 12-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm planning to get one of these kits from Rcmart in the near future. But before I pull the trigger, I have a few questions:
1. Can Tamiya bodies with standard TT01 holes fit this chassis? Or should I invest in stealth body mounts? Anything that would help me avoid drilling new holes would be good.
2. If I were to buy highly suggested hopups and spare parts in one go to minimize shipping costs, what would they be? What parts are easily worn/broken?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Smile
I'm planning to get one of these kits from Rcmart in the near future. But before I pull the trigger, I have a few questions:
1. Can Tamiya bodies with standard TT01 holes fit this chassis? Or should I invest in stealth body mounts? Anything that would help me avoid drilling new holes would be good.
2. If I were to buy highly suggested hopups and spare parts in one go to minimize shipping costs, what would they be? What parts are easily worn/broken?
Tt01 body will fit but the predrilled holes wont line up. Also be advised a lot of bodies dont fit over the front of the D3 cause of motor placement.
Must haves are front one way, aluminum pullies, aluminum steering rack, aluminum front knuckles and C hubs. And buy 3racing products. DO NOT buy knock off parts. They wont be any good.
Also, a few days ago i saw a fully hopped up D3 with electronics for $350 in the for sale section of the driftmission.com forum. Screaming deal. Ive done some buying and selling with the seller and hes totally trustworthy.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gerakatom
Tt01 body will fit but the predrilled holes wont line up. Also be advised a lot of bodies dont fit over the front of the D3 cause of motor placement.
Must haves are front one way, aluminum pullies, aluminum steering rack, aluminum front knuckles and C hubs. And buy 3racing products. DO NOT buy knock off parts. They wont be any good.
Also, a few days ago i saw a fully hopped up D3 with electronics for $350 in the for sale section of the driftmission.com forum. Screaming deal. Ive done some buying and selling with the seller and hes totally trustworthy.
I have stacks of TT01 bodies and it would be a big waste if I don't use them. On the other hand, I would prefer to not drill new holes on them. What are my options?

I understand how the fow can be useful, but is the alum steering rack, pullies, c hubs and knuckles truly essential upgrades? Do the stock parts break/wear fast? Remember, for me, reliability is the first priority, performance is a close second, and bling comes last.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sakura d3 rwd

Hi guys im new to rc drift might need your pro advice...i bought my first chassis sakura d3 cause kind of cheap to start with and want to do rwd im running novak 5500kv 8.5t sensored brusless and a gyro with stock spur and 18t 48p pinion and tried several tires and car keeps over steering and i dont have a grip on the rear runing on asphalt any advice? also tried yokomo r2 tire and still the same pls help thanks!
Old 12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lots of good info in this thread and I have been trying to jump around through it for the last couple weeks before I got my hands on a used D3. It came in the mail yesterday and included the FOW and c-hub delete mod. I have been using my XI Sport with the diffs swapped (front open with 500k oil and locked rear) for drifting on a local carpet track but this thing is a completely different animal. I need a lot more practice with CS drifting because I am used to steering into turns. I am running a Savox 1258TG, MMP, Tacon 8.5T sensored motor, and replaced the 22T pulley with a 20T Square pulley to lower the CS a bit. It took some adjusting to get the belt tightened up but everything is all good now. Gonna do some 1/0 buggy racing today with my RB6 and then head over to the drift track later for some more practice. I only have about 100 more pages of this thread to read so it should keep me busy for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.