Wiki Posts
Search

UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkennedy
tim, with all due respect for you and the series, when another affiliate wants to use "UF1" for their series or group(New Jersey, Nebraska...), it should be recommended they or anyone adhere to the baseline rules the is UF1. rubber tire, 21.5, "realisticish", format...

i definately dont think anyone wants the UF1 name to mean a 100 different running formats of cars or overall programs. RCGT got muddied that way.

yours and charles' program is a winning setup! that is UF1
I agree completely. In Houston we wanted to extend what you guys had built and we already had a nice crowd of F1 Racers in place. We are still running trial series races to get the bugs worked out and will start our first official series in a few months. We went strictly buy the UF1 rules that you guys started with one minor exception. We allow the wider cars for now because some racers already had them and didn't want to put them out. We will phase that out and probably start a vintage class at some point. Other than that, we do what you guys do and everyone is really enjoying it.

I would hope that anyone starting up a UF1 organization at their home tracks would standardize on what the SoCal guys built.

There is no reason why some day a National UF1 Championship could not be held somewhere. It only makes sense.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
This exact same gyro hysteria played out in the Midwest on dirt ovals a couple years ago. Shaking the cars is probably the simplest way to go in terms of tech.

One thing is for sure, it creates a lot of bad blood, since anybody who is fast is instantly doubted. Gyros have been illegal in every form of rc racing for years anyway.
deja vu

@ danthrc
When UF1 started it was also any and every F1 welcomed
Have to start somewhere
Eventually you have a larger group of like minded individuals, and a more organized approach

I remember early on, Charles sticking to his guns, and competing against us foam tire guys, with his parade pace rubber tires
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We can get leather jackets with UF1 patches and our location (SoCal, Dallas, etc) .
Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
We can get leather jackets with UF1 patches and our location (SoCal, Dallas, etc) .
Can I have one that says IceMan

Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

Dibs on Maverick!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://misofunny.files.wordpress.com...-conflicts.jpg
Attached Thumbnails UF1 STILL ALIVE AND WELL!-how-straight-men-hash-out-conflicts.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Now that's funny right there.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

I'll roll with Goose. He's married to Meg Ryan.

Did you guys see that Top Gun 2 has been announced? Only 26 years later...
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danthrc
I agree completely. ..............
We went strictly buy the UF1 rules that you guys started with one minor exception. We allow the wider cars for now because some racers already had them and didn't want to put them out. We will phase that out and probably start a vintage class at some point. Other than that, we do what you guys do and everyone is really enjoying it.

I would hope that anyone starting up a UF1 organization at their home tracks would standardize on what the SoCal guys built.
A phased approach to the rules worked well for us. Let people know to bring and race what they have. However, somewhere down the road we will run a rules set for those that want to be scored in a series...

Originally Posted by danthrc
There is no reason why some day a National UF1 Championship could not be held somewhere. It only makes sense.
Here is a time line that I see playing out:

2011 introduction of F1 to the onroad masses at the IIC.

2012 F1 has big showing at IIC. Racers from around the world witness an UF1 format race and go back to home tracks knowing how the program is run.

2013 ... Club racing of UF1 format runs at clubs around North America. UF1 Championship held at IIC.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 240Z
A phased approach to the rules worked well for us. Let people know to bring and race what they have. However, somewhere down the road we will run a rules set for those that want to be scored in a series...

2012 F1 has big showing at IIC. Racers from around the world witness an UF1 format race and go back to home tracks knowing how the program is run.

2013 ... Club racing of UF1 format runs at clubs around North America. UF1 Championship held at IIC.
Me likey that part!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z

That is totally wicked!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Sounds great!

But please do not take the fun element out of the series by means of over-competition. I totally see that IIC can be the serious championship deal but for regular UF1 with many regular drivers, fun should be the top priority.

UF1 started with fun and realistic scale look in mind.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ksarantakos
Thanks! I've subscribed to both and will start reading through them. That said, The tamiya f104 v2 kit comes in and out of stock all the time. Will I regret pulling the trigger next time tower tells me it's in stock?

-kyri
I can assure you, we have plenty of F104 Version II kits in the USA. Sadly, due to the current US economy, US wholesalers are very conservative in placing orders with the manufactures. Rest assured we have enough stock to meet the current demand along with parts. I'm the one responsible in forecasting our products for the US market and I work closely with our sales team to help wholesalers understand the product. I'm sorry for your frustration. You can also try TQ Raceway and Speedtech RC. They are both very reputable stores that are aggressive in supplying the on-road race community with the products they want.

Hope this helps.

FM
Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eComet
Sounds great!

But please do not take the fun element out of the series by means of over-competition. I totally see that IIC can be the serious championship deal but for regular UF1 with many regular drivers, fun should be the top priority.

UF1 started with fun and realistic scale look in mind.
We don't have any plans to change the racing of UF1. In my opinion, the realisticish (is that a trademarked Lightfoot term?) form and speed of the cars is perfect for seasoned and beginner drivers.

I'm right there with you, man.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW
I can assure you, we have plenty of F104 Version II kits in the USA. Sadly, due to the current US economy, US wholesalers are very conservative in placing orders with the manufactures. Rest assured we have enough stock to meet the current demand along with parts. I'm the one responsible in forecasting our products for the US market and I work closely with our sales team to help wholesalers understand the product. I'm sorry for your frustration. You can also try TQ Raceway and Speedtech RC. They are both very reputable stores that are aggressive in supplying the on-road race community with the products they want.

Hope this helps.

FM

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.