Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will he be doing JRXS. I have some ideas on it.

JRXS Bottom Plate

Shock Towers like the BMi-2

Battery Tray in Carbon Fiber

Heatsink Motor Mount

Skinnier top plates so ther is more room to solder electronics

Aluminum mount for the battery tray
Old 04-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

wouldnt a skinnier top plate make it flexier?
Old 04-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Eric, myself and 2 other racers will be looking forward to it. The car flexes alot more than the 415. But then again... this IS an asphalt car.. Which is what I like to race. But it would sure be nice to have a thicker chassis for carpet!!

~Jimmy Mac
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JayBee
Why...so it can get dirty - JB
Exactly! Hehe... The white ones look more tricked, aka "factory" (not that the whole car isn't already...)
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by greencactus3
wouldnt a skinnier top plate make it flexier?
It wouldn't be too bad in the front, and it wouldn't be skinnier all the way arounf, just wherever you would be soldering joints.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

this isn't about the bd but didn't want to start a new thread so i thought i would ask my fellow yok fans,

i read somewhere awhile ago that having your batteries on a fan while charging isn't a good idea. is this true?
Old 04-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's bad for them. The GP's like to be a bit warm when charging. If you have a fan on them the outside of the cell is cool while the inside is trying to warm up which is bad for the chemical reaction that's trying to take place in the cell as you charge them.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK here is the results from racing yesterday....Would have posterd earlier but my buds made me race off-road as well as on road,,,,so needless to say it was a long day....About twelve hours...
Results....
SMOOTH is all I will say....drive train is so free.
I did pretty well since the classes got squished together....Expert and Sportsman class....There were only two expert guys so it was some very hard compitition...since I race sportsman (for now)..
I came in fifth out of nine in the main even after I smoked my brand new EA Roar Stock....Sorry Eric....I couldn't find the sweet spot yesterday...Track temp was 111 so I was trying everything to keep it cool. Man the motor was there.....After talking to a few guys did I remember I was using a brand new ESC that comes out of the box with a 19T settings.....Then I smacked my back of my head for not setting it up right....Will be ordering a couple more from you anyway.
I did pull in third during one of the quals (which there were three),
No time in between so no time for comm cuts only a quick brush change and a cleaning...this rushed format got me a bit upset because I blew one of my NEW ProMatch Batts because I was charging at 6amps but ambeint tempo was 82 so they got too Hot..like 205 degrees HOT...oh well things will happen....Although I will have to wait on getting another replacement pack as those were my nice 1.185s so yes my frustration is there...
But less about me more about the car...
Coming from the SD the BD is a little softer on the start but it makes up for it quickly with such a smooth drive train....The steering was too much I had to tune it down just a bit. Once I got that worked out and took out all the drag break out of the motor I was on rails....I have driven other belts...in fact one of favorite is the FK05 that my bud drives. But I felt that the BD was far faster in the corners do to the steering rack being so sweet.
I only tried the Mazda 6 body and it treated the BD well. Next Race is at SoCal so if anyone runs there please post some hints and body choose.
End rant....time for Church....
GOD Bless
Stephen <><
oh Yea Speedtech rocks....Thanks for the speedy shipping Steve...
Old 04-03-2005, 07:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This page blew up since the car was released, so can you guys update me quickly and let me know if there is anything I should look out for in the build?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Center diff....
I put in the right bearings and it seems to need more shims which the kit did not have in them...Other than that....if you have ever build a shock set you should be fine...oh yea make sure you mount the anntena mount and belt tentioner before putting ont he top deck...I felt so stupid un-screwing them not once but twice.
LOL@self.
Stephen <><
Oh yea Get that heavy grease out of those bearings...Man once i did that the drive train was free as a bird MAN...lol
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
This page blew up since the car was released, so can you guys update me quickly and let me know if there is anything I should look out for in the build?
nothing unusal randy.... just watch the instructions and use your prior knowledge and all should be good. it really does go together very nice.

the BD made a very nice showing last nite in 19t OH and nearly forgot 27t also
Old 04-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll soon get the BD too.
I would like to know how much grip the car had compared to the SD or other TCs (I was also thinking getting the FK05), I run on very dusty asphalt tracks and I used to have some trouble finding enough grip for the SD (RS).
Thanks

Gilles
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

more grip than a fk ?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

So did you re-shim the center diff?

what shim size are they?

Good to hear that it was running ok, did you copy a setup off of a FK05 or something similar as far as shock settings go or did you use the kit setup??
Old 04-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody heard when diff pulleys will be availble for the BD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.