Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I want alu outdrives! Then you use TC5 diff blades, so it isnt to bad

So what does that price come to? Like 50 bucks?
you might as well stick with the alum diffs that Scotty has been running. That price for that stuff is pretty pricey.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys need to look at it this way If u have to spend 60-70 dollars for some new parts is better then having to buy a hole new car (500 dollars) like other companys
Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

I don't understand the concept behind an "updated" diff? I haven't had any trouble with my stock WCE diff's. At that price I'll stick with my stock peices.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I don't understand the concept behind an "updated" diff? I haven't had any trouble with my stock WCE diff's. At that price I'll stick with my stock peices.
May I ask what class you race?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

The big thing is the bigger diff screw Yes the ceramic ball coming with it big plus but i think they should of step up there game and made it with a build in diff cover like two other companys on the market
Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Holy crap! I'm not payin $75 for a diff, the old ones aint that bad. Since when did HB parts get more expensive than Xray?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

i race stock sedan only. Maybe mod class racers break the diff screws? I don't knwo but if it were THAT bad they would have released this diff a few weeks after the kit was released.

Although high, the price is just about right for whats included. Theres a lotta parts in a ball diff!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

i race stock sedan only. Maybe mod class racers break the diff screws? I don't knwo but if it were THAT bad they would have released this diff a few weeks after the kit was released.

Although high, the price is just about right for whats included. Theres a lotta parts in a ball diff!
I race Expert 10.5 i have broke one.I know of other guys to have broke them to. Thats why i use a TC5 Diff screw no problems. Now on the other hand guys say why a new diff i have no problem with the one thats out So maybe its the same with HB they hear 50/50 and think its a good time to fix the problem before everyone is knocking on there door Also in one case a guy broke his with a 13.5

Last edited by iceman76; 03-10-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

That's why you don't really have any problems....really the need for the new diff is born not only because of the diff screw, that's rarely a problem now anyway if the Edit Ti screw is used, breakages are very rare now.
In modified the diff is put under a lot of stress, it makes it difficult to get the diff to last before a rebuild - be it fresh parts or just a clean and rebuild - the condition of the diff can be 20% of the cars handling and is so important yet often overlooked that getting this part of the car right is very important.
The new diff can go longer between rebuilds due to its new construction, this is very much appreciated in modified.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iceman76
I race Expert 10.5 i have broke one.I know of other guys to have broke them to. Thats way i use a TC5 Diff screw no problems. Now on the other hand guys say why a new diff i have no problem with the one thats out So maybe its the same with HB they hear 50/50 and think its a good time to fix the problem before everyone is knocking on there door Also in one case a guy broke his with a 13.5
Generally a screw breaking under such low load will be the result of a poorly built diff....
Old 03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
Generally a screw breaking under such low load will be the result of a poorly built diff....
I agree with you there but you don't see that happening to a AE diff, Losi, or Schuie diffs. I will admit that out of all the years I have been running sedan....hotbodies has the smallest diff screw I have ever seen. It's been a problem for years. Hara use to go through diff screws like carzy at the Reedy race when the Pro4 was coming on the scene. I don't know if it too had a small diff screw but it was noticed at the race. I replaced mine with the AE screw and we'll see how it runs this weekend.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
No thats not the problem because we all are running the TC5 srew and no problems and its the same people building the same diffs.

Let me ask why is it when something brakes someone always say o it broke because u hit something to hard no because other cars like a xray hits the same way car keeps driving now with the diff (under such low load would be the result of a poorly built diff) no the problem is with parts that they make and down here in florida they are talking about mod being only 10.5 next year because they are running just as fast as the mobs Remember some times slower is faster
Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I agree with you there but you don't see that happening to a AE diff, Losi, or Schuie diffs. I will admit that out of all the years I have been running sedan....hotbodies has the smallest diff screw I have ever seen. It's been a problem for years. Hara use to go through diff screws like carzy at the Reedy race when the Pro4 was coming on the scene. I don't know if it too had a small diff screw but it was noticed at the race. I replaced mine with the AE screw and we'll see how it runs this weekend.
Yes, it is the same steel screw in the Pro4 and Cyclone (although the screw was updated in the WCE car to a low friction Ti coated version), the standard screw can be a little problematic in modified due to the high load, the Edit Ti screw is much better....maybe this is difficult to get hold of in the US, I'm not sure?

No thats not the problem because we all are running the TC5 srew and no problems and its the same people building the same diffs.

Let me ask why is it when something brakes someone always say o it broke because u hit something to hard now with such low load its because of a poorly built diff no its the problem with parts that they make and down here in florida they are talking about mod being only 10.5 next year because they are running just as fast as the mobs
Because nine times out of ten that is the reason, although there are exceptions, I am glad the TC5 screw solved your issues.
10.5 laps may be close to modified in your area, for various reasons, but the load a modified puts the transmission under is far greater.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

I think you guys should try the Titanium coated WC diff screw/t-nut. Its like $6 and it works really well for me. I only race 13.5 but my diffs last a long time and I have yet to rebuild any of my diffs, with 5 club races on them!

The Edit Ti diff screw is pretty easily accesible but very expensive! The TC5 screw is easy to get and very cheap, does it fit in the stock outdrives without drilling?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
you might as well stick with the alum diffs that Scotty has been running. That price for that stuff is pretty pricey.
Yeah, im not planning on them at all, but for when I need some new out drives, I will

Originally Posted by pcar951
Holy crap! I'm not payin $75 for a diff, the old ones aint that bad. Since when did HB parts get more expensive than Xray?
That is insane!

I race Expert 10.5 i have broke one.I know of other guys to have broke them to. Thats why i use a TC5 Diff screw no problems. Now on the other hand guys say why a new diff i have no problem with the one thats out So maybe its the same with HB they hear 50/50 and think its a good time to fix the problem before everyone is knocking on there door Also in one case a guy broke his with a 13.5
I race 10.5, im no expert lol, but I dont break diff screws that much either, and I crash alot..... I broke alot of them when I raced 13.5 though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.