Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kropy
tell your mom I said hi
Go sniff some paint.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys

was checking out some of the pics on nash's site . . THANKS FOR THE PICS NASH!!!

i have some track building questions . . .

first let me say that the track looks awesome and those guyd do a great job and you can tell in the pics

1. I see they lay the sticks down and then the plywood over that,why? do they then screw the plywood into the sticks???

2. How do they then secure the rug to the wood?

3. After all the materials arrived, how many people actually put the track together and how long did it take?

4. what was the size of the track? ?x?

5. what is the total cost for all the materials?

if anybody can help me out that would be awesome

there has got to be some more people out there curious about this as well

later,
Chris08527
Old 02-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

This was my 2nd year working motor tech (batteries too this year) for the on road class. I'm an oval racer, but i still enjoy teching on road cars and meeting many of the drivers. Anders, Joel is a classy kid with a future ahead of him in our hobby. I was also impressed with Jilles Groskamp. (MY BOY!! ) A certain American prima dona came over to the tech area and was chewing on him while I was teching his car after the main about Martin "blocking". BS; noone had anything for him in that race, not even Blackstock. Oh, a shout out to "my other boy" Jeff Cuffs with the mad skills. For the record; no illegal batteries were found in either road or oval, and a total of 5 cases of both stock and 19T motor "mistakes". I look forward to working with you guys again next year.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the pics Nash
I think the pic labeled FK05 is really an RDX as the belt goes over the top deck
Old 02-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Also ran
This was my 2nd year working motor tech (batteries too this year) for the on road class. I'm an oval racer, but i still enjoy teching on road cars and meeting many of the drivers. Anders, Joel is a classy kid with a future ahead of him in our hobby. I was also impressed with Jilles Groskamp. (MY BOY!! ) A certain American prima dona came over to the tech area and was chewing on him while I was teching his car after the main about Martin "blocking". BS; noone had anything for him in that race, not even Blackstock. Oh, a shout out to "my other boy" Jeff Cuffs with the mad skills. For the record; no illegal batteries were found in either road or oval, and a total of 5 cases of both stock and 19T motor "mistakes". I look forward to working with you guys again next year.
Not us!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trueracefan thanks for pointing that out on the RDX I thought I had a 05 in the mix but I can't find it now.

Eddie nice site yes very nice

Chris the sticks put the track on a little more even ground and takes out the bumps of the flooring. what you didn't see before everything started is the 20x20 plywood cover on the hole that's in the floor under the left side of the track. it dips down about an inch from the regular floor.. the sticks are the same process that the indoorchamps uses in cleveland. the only difference was cleveland used tounge and groove wood and this keeps it from buckling a little. yes they screw the 4x8 to the sticks. the carpet this year was CRC Dupont Ozite and is only attached to the wood at the edges and then at the seams to each other with seam tape. the track was 96X40 cleveland was the same size but used more of the carpet as it didn't have the pit lane on the right side. it took probably a full day by about 6 or 7 people. the wood showed up late and the track should of been done by saturday evening but I don't think it was race ready till midday sunday. I don't know how much it cost to build as this is only my first year there. but next year is a whole nother story!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Tempest - I graduated from UT man...My whole family did...Its in my blood...I bleed BRIGHT ORANGE BABY !!!!

Nash - Thanks bro...Keep checking back in on it...I'll be updating pics today and first thing next week....Check out the message board too...L8

-EG
Old 02-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

He Eddie, dude!!!
Cool page.
I want more pictures!!!!
That Blonde is hot dude

Take care,
Markus Mobers
Old 02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

MR BLONDE - Thanx bro....Yeah more pics will be up maybe later today bit FOR SURE on Monday....New camera and the weekend...CANT WAIT...Keep checking in on the site and the message board I have...L8

-EG
Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Dude, horny as you are......
Dude, did Francis and you go to that
club in Orlando again on sunday??
Hope he did not get lost again......

"Blas mir einen" he had for sure
Markus
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Markus -We went to it but it was close due to some Toilet problem. So we went to Pleasure Island which is right down the way there form House of Blues. It was ok. Wish House of Blues would have been open. That place is CRAZY !!!!....How come you gus didnt come this year anyway ?

-EG
Old 02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Eddie,

That explains a lot dude LOL. One of my friends in highschool.. his family was just like that and they go to ALL the games LOL.

It's alright we will let is slide
Old 02-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Eddie, I told my girlfriend about the House of Blues from
last year, so she forced me to stay home

No dude, no time, to busy here at the moment!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Markus you missed a good race man. see you on your next trip over here. thanks for all the help man.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Temp - Thas kewl man....WE LOVE UT BABY !!!!....We have season tickets as well....

Markus - Thats kewl man...You going to be in the US anytime this year or what ??

Oh I got some new pics up on the site....a few like 5 or 6 ....they are pretty good ones from Panama City end of the year last year..

-EG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.