Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on the Yokomo SSG

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Opinions on the Yokomo SSG

I am curious if anyone here has run the SSG and how good of a car it is. I currently have a FT TC3 and am looking to get something better. I would like to know things like how easy it is to work on, to setup, parts wear, parts availability etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read the last couple of pages of the yokomo thread, im in the same boat you are and am leaning towards the CGM.

Johnny
Old 01-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Opinions on the Yokomo SSG

Originally posted by RCNitroDude999
I am curious if anyone here has run the SSG and how good of a car it is. I currently have a FT TC3 and am looking to get something better. I would like to know things like how easy it is to work on, to setup, parts wear, parts availability etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IMO the CGM is a better all around car. It would also be closer to the TC3 you are running now. It is very easy to work on, box set up is a very good starting point. Parts availability is of course better if your LHS carries parts. Speedtech located on these boards supports the Yokomo very well as does Speedworld Raceway. The car no longer has many weak points as it did when it first came out, Yokomo is always improving product. Much like any TC, extra parts like arms, casterblocks and steering hubs are needed. Check out the support on the Yokomo thread on these boards, lots of good info and help.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ditched the TC3 for 2 SSG cars. A total world of differences for me:
-diff access faster
-hing pin the size of ever other car 3mm(AE pins where tiny)
-battery more centralized almost touching the shaft
-Once the Buds bumper was installed breakage was far and few between
-on the track it seemed more consistant from run to run.
-it just plain looked kool

I did add TC3 lower shock hardware to the yok shocks so i could continue using my 9pack of AE springs
Old 01-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Re: Opinions on the Yokomo SSG

Originally posted by pops
IMO the CGM is a better all around car. It would also be closer to the TC3 you are running now. It is very easy to work on, box set up is a very good starting point. Parts availability is of course better if your LHS carries parts. Speedtech located on these boards supports the Yokomo very well as does Speedworld Raceway. The car no longer has many weak points as it did when it first came out, Yokomo is always improving product. Much like any TC, extra parts like arms, casterblocks and steering hubs are needed. Check out the support on the Yokomo thread on these boards, lots of good info and help.
ditto