Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Does this software have the xray T4 in it?

Looks like something I'd like to try out.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Bob, I have some HP and TQ data from my dyno testing if that will help you out. I have actual HP and TQ dyno graphs from years and years of testing. I might be interested in checking out the beta version.

Is the Nitro stuff gonna be an update or an add on?

BK
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jhautz
Does this software have the xray T4 in it?

Looks like something I'd like to try out.
No T4 yet. T3 2012 is there. Likely not a lot of difference between the T3 and T4 so shouldn't take much to adjust the model to suit the new car.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxwrench
Hey Bob, I have some HP and TQ data from my dyno testing if that will help you out. I have actual HP and TQ dyno graphs from years and years of testing. I might be interested in checking out the beta version.

Is the Nitro stuff gonna be an update or an add on?

BK
More dyno data would be great.

The new version is an update. Once I get the Beta testing done it will be available to everyone as an automatic update.

I'll take you up on the offer to Beta test. Hope to have it ready this weekend.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

The new update is out for Beta testing. I could still use one or two more users if anyone is interested. Nitro motor experience would be good.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A value enter box for the camber link shims would work really effectively, it takes a while when changing and comparing setups because you have to zoom in, change length (counting lines etc) zoom out, zoom in again etc...
It would be much easier just typing in 3mm 4mm in boxes, in addition to the manual change as options.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Capricorn Lab C02

Dear all, I almost have all the measurements inputted for the Lab C02.

Some questions

To weight the drive train do I need to include i.e. diffs, shafts, axles, pulleys, belts and bearings.

Re center of gravity calculations some questions

1. When you incline the car do you ideally use a certain height?
2. For the wheels can I use aluminum setup wheels or do I need to use the foam tires in order to keep weight as close as possible?
3. Suspension springs will the measurement take different reading in using different springs?
4. Default length of nitro touring cars is 254 or 255 as I measured mine and it's 255

ARB measurement

How do you calculate the rear arb of nitro touring?

that's if for now

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

To calculate the Mass Moment of Inertia (MMI) for the rotating components is a somewhat tedious task to do properly. In the end the power required to spin up the rotating components is generally around 20% of that required to accelerate the mass of the car itself. If you want complete this then for every component in the drive train (axles, diffs, gears, wheels....) that spins you need the Mass (weight) and outside diameter of the part. The equation for the MMI of the part is C x Mass x (OD/2)^2 where C is a constant that is a function of the geometry. If you want to go complete these calculations then send me a email and I can provide more details.

Re CG calcs
1) you can use whatever height you wish but the higher the better. Min is 4" high.
2) Yes you can use aluminum setup wheels. Once you have calculated the CG height with the setup wheels on you will need to correct for the tire diameter you race with. The correction would be to subtract (setup wheel diameter - Race tire diameter)/2 from the calculated value.
3) The CG height measurement is very sensitive. If you go back a couple pages there was quite a discussion on this subject.
4) same as 3)

Re ARB
The best model to use is the "Wire Type" just straighten out the wire and use the total length outboard of the mounts.

If you are using the Front Blade ARB use the ARB calculator that is accessible from the Calculator tab on the main page not the one in the Chassis Manager. There is an error in that routine that will be fixed in the next update out shortly.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
The new update is out for Beta testing. I could still use one or two more users if anyone is interested. Nitro motor experience would be good.
I would love to beta test my email is [email protected]
thank you
warren
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
I would love to beta test my email is [email protected]
thank you
warren
Beta testing is almost complete. I am hoping to release the update this weekend if alls goes as planned so may be a little late now but thanks anyways. Also I don't see you in my users database. Are you a registered user?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BobW
To calculate the Mass Moment of Inertia (MMI) for the rotating components is a somewhat tedious task to do properly. In the end the power required to spin up the rotating components is generally around 20% of that required to accelerate the mass of the car itself. If you want complete this then for every component in the drive train (axles, diffs, gears, wheels....) that spins you need the Mass (weight) and outside diameter of the part. The equation for the MMI of the part is C x Mass x (OD/2)^2 where C is a constant that is a function of the geometry. If you want to go complete these calculations then send me a email and I can provide more details.

Re CG calcs
1) you can use whatever height you wish but the higher the better. Min is 4" high.
2) Yes you can use aluminum setup wheels. Once you have calculated the CG height with the setup wheels on you will need to correct for the tire diameter you race with. The correction would be to subtract (setup wheel diameter - Race tire diameter)/2 from the calculated value.
3) The CG height measurement is very sensitive. If you go back a couple pages there was quite a discussion on this subject.
4) same as 3)

Re ARB
The best model to use is the "Wire Type" just straighten out the wire and use the total length outboard of the mounts.

If you are using the Front Blade ARB use the ARB calculator that is accessible from the Calculator tab on the main page not the one in the Chassis Manager. There is an error in that routine that will be fixed in the next update out shortly.
Re REAR ARB Measurement:

I have attached an image to make sure re the measurement that I need to take

L1 is marked in green kindly confirm
L2 I marked with an A and a B version, logically since its torsion force that B is supposed to be the right choice. Kindly confirm
Attached Thumbnails RC Crew Chief Software-arb-rear-measurment.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Actually 'A' is the right choice. Most of the stiffness in wire type ARB's is due to bending of the arms not torsion between the mounts. We always think of ARB's as torsion only which in full scale cars is the way they are designed. In our cars with this style of bar bending is the primary component. I have verified this with testing.

You can visually see it by restraining one wheel and lifting the other. Note the bending of the arms.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

An new update will be released tomorrow so this is just a heads up to make sure you backup your database. There should be no issues with the update just to be safe.

New version features:

•Acceleration simulation of Nitro Cars with multi-speed transmissions is now supported.
•Plan to have an extensive library of Nitro Motor models to choose from on the website.
•Improvements to processing Electric Motor Dyno results into Math Models
•Several bug Fixes.

So stay tuned. When you open the program you will be notified of the update. It will install automatically if you approve.

As always if anyone would like to contribute models to build the online library, RC3 would be happy to receive them.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking forward to the update...
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Program update that includes Nitro Motor Simulation was released on Monday. Uploaded a quick screencast video to Youtube to demo how to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eczz4hxJBb8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.