Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
While this is a nice street custom paint job, it is unfortunately not really a USVTA race body. While different clubs/tracks will allow a paint scheme like this, others may frown upon it or even not allow it to race in the VTA class.

Here is an excerpt of the USVTA official rules concerning paint schemes:
But it has numbers on the trunk sides and hood
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
While this is a nice street custom paint job, it is unfortunately not really a USVTA race body. While different clubs/tracks will allow a paint scheme like this, others may frown upon it or even not allow it to race in the VTA class.

Here is an excerpt of the USVTA official rules concerning paint schemes:
Fortunately no one relies on YOUR interpretation of the rules. The rules don't say you have to have a period correct paint scheme. Frown all you want.

But use whatever rules work for your track. Our track will allow it. Just like we allow any mfg 25.5 and any speedo in blinky mode.

Last edited by Odin544; 11-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Fortunately no one relies on YOU'RE interpretation of the rules. The rules don't say you have to have a period correct paint scheme. Frown all you want.

But use whatever rules work for your track. Our track will allow it. Just like we allow any mfg 25.5 and any speedo in blinky mode.
+1
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

if everyone keeps on complaining about the non period correct paint scheme vta will die a slow death.but hey racing with 15 of the same car painted the same way would be awsome NOT
Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thrasher05
if everyone keeps on complaining about the non period correct paint scheme vta will die a slow death.but hey racing with 15 of the same car painted the same way would be awsome NOT
For years we have been arguing about dumber things than this and VTA is still doing fine. I think the paint job is fine. I wouldn't think twice about allowing it and I doubt anyone would say a word other than,"Nice Paint."

No I dont like the idea of VTA rides being painted up like TC easter eggs, but this is hardly that. No I have never seen flames on a historic TA car, but they have been used in a lot of racing and they were used on hot rods at the time VTA was popular. That doesnt mean that it is period correct paint. I just think that we are all overthinking this. I for one would be happy that the car showed up at my track. Plus I like it. Getting tired of everything looking like a perfect replica. No offense to those that are really good at doing perfect replicas. (Dodgeboy,Monkey,Pete, Indy)
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Originally Posted by snoopyrc
For years we have been arguing about dumber things than this and VTA is still doing fine. I think the paint job is fine. I wouldn't think twice about allowing it and I doubt anyone would say a word other than,"Nice Paint."

No I dont like the idea of VTA rides being painted up like TC easter eggs, but this is hardly that. No I have never seen flames on a historic TA car, but they have been used in a lot of racing and they were used on hot rods at the time VTA was popular. That doesnt mean that it is period correct paint. I just think that we are all overthinking this. I for one would be happy that the car showed up at my track. Plus I like it. Getting tired of everything looking like a perfect replica. No offense to those that are really good at doing perfect replicas. (Dodgeboy,Monkey,Pete, Indy)
+1, i do enjoy the period correct bodies they look nice bit for me i want something outside the box, i didnt go with something way over the top, just flames
And i read the rules and they said anything other than period correct may be frowned upon. And honestly it must be nice to turn away a racer for a paint. Scheme, most cant or wont afford to do that
Old 11-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

i understand the paint thing but how many red white and blue javelins or yellow with a black hood camaro do people want to race at one time individuality still plays a part in vta.being vta legal is one thing but limiting the paint scheme peolpe use is pointless
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Actually, that would be awesome. All cars with the exact same body, the exact same paint job and only the numbers being different. Kind of like a VTA version of IROC and last man standing combined. Just imagine the concentration and skill it would take to drive a race like that. Not to mention keen eye sight. Can anyone say furball.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

i understand the paint thing but how many red white and blue javelins or yellow with a black hood camaro do people want to race at one time individuality still plays a part in vta.being vta legal is one thing but limiting the paint scheme peolpe use is pointless
Frankly I hardly ever see any red/white/blue paint schemes at my local track. I see more white cars with colored stripes which doesn't look too bad. IMO you can still be creative with colors and keep the car body looking like '67 - '72 VTA-era. Take a look at these VTA bodies for example ...
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The USVTA paint rules state that "It is highly preferred", which allows room for intrepretation. MY OPINION of the rules will be different than many other people, so feel free (speech) to ignore my interpretation (since I don't write them).

----------

The only real issue I had with savageboy69's paint scheme is that upon intial viewing, the car did not appear to have numbers. I am sorry I over-looked that.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

last man standing,im game lol but to each there own i think vta is fine how it is.all im saying is if u weigh 1550 have a driver figure and a novak 25.5 and a legal body not legal paint but legal body race it
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

last man standing,im game lol but to each there own i think vta is fine how it is.all im saying is if u weigh 1550 have a driver figure and a novak 25.5 and a legal body not legal paint but legal body race it
Agreed there. I'm a period person myself, I have an " Alen Green Chevrolet " '68 Camaro with Carl's decal set that use every race, drivers figure included. That being said, unless its a VTA Nationals race, paint shouldn't matter in a weekly club race.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Anyone remember the saying "It's not the paint that gets you home at night"?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quit complaining about the paint schemes for the javlins and camaro's there are other cars to choose from- Dodge-Plymouth and Mustangs.They just would prefer not to have a Flame or drip paint jobs. The old Cuda and Dodge's were painted Flo. Green and Yellow and Petty blue and Purple and Blue and Red. Take a few minutes and look on the internet for some paint schemes from the 60's-70's. They were quite plain and that what is preferred - that's all. and I run a Cuda #42 Dan Gurney replica and just bought a Dodge Challenger and order a Mustang.No Government Motors for me!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Agreed there. I'm a period person myself, I have an " Alen Green Chevrolet " '68 Camaro with Carl's decal set that use every race, drivers figure included. That being said, unless its a VTA Nationals race, paint shouldn't matter in a weekly club race.
+1
VTA-era paint schemes look much cooler than surf board paint schemes with flames and fluorescent colors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.