Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I run an R10 in my TC and have the program box for it. Does anyone know if I can use it on my Justock that I just bought. They look awfully similar. Just wondering if they are compatible.
It looks like there are a few parameters that can be programmed by using the Hobbywing LCD Program Box. You can also update the firmware on the ESC. I copied the following text and images from FalconSekido.com:

2 Features
. . . .
. 2.4 The internal timing is always zero degree to complaint with the rules of SPEC races such as ROAR SPORTMAN.
. 2.5 Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection.
. 2.6 Plenty of programmable items.
. 2.7 Easily programmed with the SET button, LED Program card, Professional LCD Program Box and USB Link Software.
. 2.8 ESC firmware can be updated through the USB adapter in the LCD Program Box.

The ESC can be loaded with many different firmwares by user himself.
The options with italic font in the above table are the default settings (factory settings) of the ESC.
(* The programmable items and the default settings maybe changed in different firmware versions without prior notification.)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok here is the problem, so let me try to nip this in the bud. Falcon Sekido sells these escs, and their part numbers like Darkside posted are ok. There is not like 6 versions of the escs or anything that i can see. Look for the justock.

CRC is also a distributor of the HW stuff as well, and i used their part number/name, not knowing where my test sample came from. Myron sent it to me after he tested it, and at first I didn't know Falcon had sent it to him. I thought he had possibly gotten it from a hobby shop, until he told me Falcon had. sent it for evaluation.

However, both names and numbers will be kept on the website to avoid any confusion because of who the esc was purchased from.

Web page updated, .pdf to be updated soon
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok cool..thats works for me...

btw...Im sending you a red package too...lol
Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
ok cool..thats works for me...

btw...Im sending you a red package too...lol
You mean? Really? One of our biggest critics may have finally come around?

OH HAPPY DAY!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing Justock CLUB SPEC ESC

Originally Posted by wwddww34
You can also update the firmware on the ESC.
2.8 ESC firmware can be updated through the USB adapter in the LCD Program Box.
Is this correct? I thought USVTA WSCs were strictly non-updateable to reduce the possibility of someone using modified programs.

Last edited by howardcano; 09-15-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's the video of VTA A-Main during the Texas Electric On-Road Series, Round #3...
http://youtu.be/2TxXkt5UHng
Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by howardcano
Is this correct? I thought USVTA WSCs were strictly non-updateable to reduce the possibility of someone using modified programs.
If someone has the knowledge and equipment to program a esc, then that someone wouldnt have a problem programing any esc.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
It looks like there are a few parameters that can be programmed by using the Hobbywing LCD Program Box. You can also update the firmware on the ESC. I copied the following text and images from FalconSekido.com:
2.4 The internal timing is always zero degree to complaint with the rules of SPEC races such as ROAR SPORTMAN.
. 2.5 Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection.
. 2.6 Plenty of programmable items.
. 2.7 Easily programmed with the SET button, LED Program card, Professional LCD Program Box and USB Link Software.
. 2.8 ESC firmware can be updated through the USB adapter in the LCD Program Box.

The ESC can be loaded with many different firmwares by user himself.
The options with italic font in the above table are the default settings (factory settings) of the ESC.
(* The programmable items and the default settings maybe changed in different firmware versions without prior notification.)

Pretty sure that means timing can't be updated, and will always be Zero, soneone correct me if I'm wrong
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and you don't think that someone couldn't update the gtb 2? how do you think they added xdrive?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
and you don't think that someone couldn't update the gtb 2? how do you think they added xdrive?
Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Pretty sure that means timing can't be updated, and will always be Zero, soneone correct me if I'm wrong
I was referring to updates to the resident software made through an existing interface that is accessible to the end user. The GTB2 does not have this feature.

Originally Posted by Rojna
If someone has the knowledge and equipment to program a esc, then that someone wouldnt have a problem programing any esc.
That's not quite true. Some microcontrollers cannot be reprogrammed; the microcontroller would need to be unsoldered and replaced with a new one. Many also have copy protection so that the program cannot be read, requiring any new program to be written from scratch. Both circumstances increase the level of difficulty of cheating to the point where other methods are easier. I (and many other people) have the knowledge to write the software, but given a choice I would restrict my efforts to the easiest route. An existing interface that is accessible to the end user makes it much easier.

I will abide by whatever the rules are. It just seems to me that teching the ESC might be a bit more complicated in this case-- but perhaps no more complicated than having to open one up to inspect the boards for modifications. (Of course, an oscilloscope would be the most expedient way to tech, but I wouldn't want to take mine to the track.)

Last edited by howardcano; 09-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know why the Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club ESC is not available in the USA? It looks like it's only available in the UK and Australia.

2. Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race part number: SP000048
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Does anybody know why the Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club ESC is not available in the USA?
No.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DontChangeUSVTA
No.
Great input....
Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

I was referring to updates to the resident software made through an existing interface that is accessible to the end user. The GTB2 does not have this feature.
I posted before that I was somewhat hesitant to approve this esc, despite the assurances that only the non-timing software specific to this esc can be loaded. In fact, I initially did not allow it when it was presented to me about a year ago.

So far there have been no instances of legality problems popping up with HW speed controls. I also have no problem pulling the approval the second I hear of problems.

I just wanted to offer more choices to those who think that there is "favoritism" toward manufacturers.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Check with speed passion on their availability. They gave an early unit for testing, but I don't know what the hold up is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.