Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Yeah, this thread is pretty quiet, it's really odd to me.

For anybody who hasn't noticed, A-Main has a ton of parts in stock for this car including options. Hopefully they will receive the lightened differential outdrives and 7075 aluminum gear diff drive shafts, as these are the parts I am awaiting.

I just want to say that out of all of the onroad cars I have owned, this one is easily my favorite; it is just wicked fast everywhere.

I went from my outdoor setup to an extremely high bite indoor track and with a tire change was able to drive it as fast as the other expert drivers there. There were definitely setup changes to be made to run even faster because the car was pushy and wanted to traction roll, but I didn't want to as I will be racing outside this Saturday and was only there to run some laps.

For anybody who wants a fast car that not everybody else has, I highly recommend this one.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Yeah, this thread is pretty quiet, it's really odd to me.

For anybody who hasn't noticed, A-Main has a ton of parts in stock for this car including options. Hopefully they will receive the lightened differential outdrives and 7075 aluminum gear diff drive shafts, as these are the parts I am awaiting.

I just want to say that out of all of the onroad cars I have owned, this one is easily my favorite; it is just wicked fast everywhere.

I went from my outdoor setup to an extremely high bite indoor track and with a tire change was able to drive it as fast as the other expert drivers there. There were definitely setup changes to be made to run even faster because the car was pushy and wanted to traction roll, but I didn't want to as I will be racing outside this Saturday and was only there to run some laps.

For anybody who wants a fast car that not everybody else has, I highly recommend this one.
What setup setup change would you have done for WCRC? Wider track? Toe?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
What setup setup change would you have done for WCRC? Wider track? Toe?
Since I switched tires for the last run and those were a lot different, I would have lowered the ride height a bit to see if that fixed the traction roll. From there, I probably would have changed springs and lowered the roll center and played with shock angles... Oh, and I would increase the rear diff oil to 2 or 3k. Obviously each subsequent change depends upon the result of the previous.

The next time we go, I'll probably make some changes for that track to get a baseline setup. We should be able to get pretty dialed, so long as the track is consistent.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Took the vbc wildfire to its second Roar National title yesterday in 17.5 tc asphalt! Also finished 3rd in 13.5 tc behind josh cyurl and Cory parsons. Tough break there losing the three way tie for the national title, none the less the car preformed great this weekend! I will post my setup when I get home!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Took the vbc wildfire to its second Roar National title yesterday in 17.5 tc asphalt! Also finished 3rd in 13.5 tc behind josh cyurl and Cory parsons. Tough break there losing the three way tie for the national title, none the less the car preformed great this weekend! I will post my setup when I get home!
Yeah, I was watching you kill it. The car looked great! I didn't know you were THAT fast!

Was that track smoother than most outdoor asphalt tracks (Sealed) or was it just a really smooth non-sealed asphalt?

Somebody should update the first post with some info regarding this car, as well as the fact that it is now a two time ROAR champ!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Yeah, I was watching you kill it. The car looked great! I didn't know you were THAT fast!

Was that track smoother than most outdoor asphalt tracks (Sealed) or was it just a really smooth non-sealed asphalt?

Somebody should update the first post with some info regarding this car, as well as the fact that it is now a two time ROAR champ!
The track had a decent amount of bumps to it, made smooth driving and a good setup key! Also it was very high bite, they sprayed VHT every morning, so the challenge of chasing a very high traction track in the morning to a very hot track during the day was hard, with a ton of traction and high temperature keeping the tires cool and not over working them was very important!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Andrew, well done that is fantastic, great results in both classes!
Looking forward to the setup each class.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
Andrew, well done that is fantastic, great results in both classes!
Looking forward to the setup each class.
Well I actually ran the same car in both classes so the setup worked for both! Will post it when I get home. Its a long drive from west palm beach Florida to grand rapids michigan!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Drive... What!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, its a great result, awesome chassis. Really enjoy it when the Wildfires give the other competitors headaches.

As one of the previous posts mentioned, looking forward to whats next in the pipeline. @Andrew did you have a few prototype parts on your car? Just curious as to whats next from VBC.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reese Bobby
As one of the previous posts mentioned, looking forward to whats next in the pipeline. @Andrew did you have a few prototype parts on your car? Just curious as to whats next from VBC.
Actually he can't! You are not allowed to use prototype parts in the spec classes. Besides, he don't need no stinkin' prototype parts!

Mike Slaughter
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Congrats Andrew on some awesome racing. Can't wait to see your setup.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Andrew, any chance of getting that setup from the nationals?? Would like to try it out on one of my cars.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Can use the short shock towers of Xray in our VBC?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by luismoreno
Can use the short shock towers of Xray in our VBC?
No use cannot use xray towers. You must have them custom made. Paul makes towers for the VBC. His email to contact him. [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.