Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exotec F104

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default Exotec F104

What does the exotec f104 come with? does it come with aluminum hop up parts or is it just springs and chassis? How much?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

http://www.exotekracing.com/exo104-p...-race-chassis/
Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=VooDooPH;9862048[/QUOTE]

Im kinda confused the picture doesnt show the aluminum motor mount and it doesnt say it has it in the description but in the picture of the full car it has a aluminum parts.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

motor mount not included... its basically a hopup set... you'd still need an F104 to complete the car...

High performance, lightweight chassis conversion that gives the F104 the competitive edge thanks to the improved chassis work and floating rear pod born from world championship rear pod suspension components.
-Using actual components from the World Champion Yokomo 1/12th we have re-engineered the rear pod into a 5 link floating rear pod for superior rear traction and stability.

-Includes a VCS through shaft center oil shock to perform tweak free side dampening.

-Carbon fiber 1 piece top deck to reduce tweak and allows just enough flex to maintain proper traction.

-Secure battery mounting system also accepts bullet plug type batteries.

-100% American made quasi weave 2.3mm thick carbon fiber components. 

-Narrow chassis to reduce chassis scrub for better handling and more corner speeds yet plenty of room to mount electronics.

-Pan car type tweak screw and side spring adjustment feature to properly balance the rear pod and provide super smooth suspension action.

-Includes blue anodized battery posts, spacers and necessary alloy steel hardware.

-Maintains the stock wheelbase.

-Uses the stock F104 bodies (some trimming required).
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Exotek just makes upgraded chassis for current cars. They dont sell any complete kits that I'm aware of.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TChan
Im kinda confused the picture doesnt show the aluminum motor mount and it doesnt say it has it in the description but in the picture of the full car it has a aluminum parts.
Hi,
The pictures shows what's in the conversion. Also attached here. By the way, the EXO104 conversion is discontinued. The new F1R conversion will be replacing it this Friday.
Attached Thumbnails Exotec F104-dsc_2210__11544_zoom.jpg  
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike what are the benefits of the f1r?
I have the exo104 on a wide 104. And it's great!
Just wondering what's the idea behind the new version what were you trying to achieve
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Mike what are the benefits of the f1r?
I have the exo104 on a wide 104. And it's great!
Just wondering what's the idea behind the new version what were you trying to achieve
Hi James!

Forgive me as I post and copy from the F1R page because it explains in detail what your are wondering

In development since early 2011 to bring you the best Tamiya chassis option for the rapidly emerging F1 class.
Race proven features include;

- Link type rear pod for exceptional rear grip. The rear suspension pod includes ball links and reinforced easy set side links.

- Optimized battery and electronics location. The battery, esc and receiver are mounted as far back as possible to maximize the rear weight bias for improved rear traction and stability under acceleration and braking.

- New bottom plate only design helps generate more steering response. This coupled with the increased rear traction creates an overall better handling car.

- New alloy shock mount. This weighted design not only looks great but it serves a vital function as well. The weight of this part creates more rear weight bias for more on power grip and creates body roll so that it also creates more cornering/ lateral grip. On top of this it provides secure battery mounting and much easier battery removal by simply loosening the 2 mounting screws. The battery can then be lifted straight up and out without interference from the ESC or receiver.

- New design will accept standard 7.4v lipos or the new breed of lightweight 'shorty' 7.4v lipos!

- Includes black anodised rear pod pass-thru dampener and new mounting set.

- Includes Associated side pod springs and mounts. These are used to tune for steering response and pod level (tweak).

- US made premium 3.0mm quasi weave carbon fiber is used throughout.

- Rear chassis channel lets you cleanly route the ESC receiver plug directly under the battery to the receiver.

- Includes carbon servo brace for the F104.

- Compatible with any Tamiya F104 or F103 kit.

New pics are posted as well here; http://www.exotekracing.com/f1r-conversion/
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi James!

Forgive me as I post and copy from the F1R page because it explains in detail what your are wondering

In development since early 2011 to bring you the best Tamiya chassis option for the rapidly emerging F1 class.
Race proven features include;

- Link type rear pod for exceptional rear grip. The rear suspension pod includes ball links and reinforced easy set side links.

- Optimized battery and electronics location. The battery, esc and receiver are mounted as far back as possible to maximize the rear weight bias for improved rear traction and stability under acceleration and braking.

- New bottom plate only design helps generate more steering response. This coupled with the increased rear traction creates an overall better handling car.

- New alloy shock mount. This weighted design not only looks great but it serves a vital function as well. The weight of this part creates more rear weight bias for more on power grip and creates body roll so that it also creates more cornering/ lateral grip. On top of this it provides secure battery mounting and much easier battery removal by simply loosening the 2 mounting screws. The battery can then be lifted straight up and out without interference from the ESC or receiver.

- New design will accept standard 7.4v lipos or the new breed of lightweight 'shorty' 7.4v lipos!

- Includes black anodised rear pod pass-thru dampener and new mounting set.

- Includes Associated side pod springs and mounts. These are used to tune for steering response and pod level (tweak).

- US made premium 3.0mm quasi weave carbon fiber is used throughout.

- Rear chassis channel lets you cleanly route the ESC receiver plug directly under the battery to the receiver.

- Includes carbon servo brace for the F104.

- Compatible with any Tamiya F104 or F103 kit.

New pics are posted as well here; http://www.exotekracing.com/f1r-conversion/
looks awesome Mike. I especially like the way the servo is mount.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Where do the esc and receiver go with a full sized lipo?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Where do the esc and receiver go with a full sized lipo?
For more mechanical grip on each side of the battery much more towards the rear.

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
looks awesome Mike. I especially like the way the servo is mount.
Thanks Sir!
Attached Thumbnails Exotec F104-tn.jpg  

Last edited by MikeR; 11-03-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

@MikeR

Is there going to be an R conversion for those of us that have the original Exo or are the 2 too different for it to be possible?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

My ESC struggled to fit on the Exo104, it looks like it wouldn't stand a chance on the F1R..

Have you made more room for it at the rear by widening the back end near the pod links?

Sorry for all the questions dude, Just weighing up the cost of upgrading to the F1R version, it looks cool but I'm killing it with the EXO104 Wide at the moment at my local track, I don't struggle for rear traction.. but then again i'm essentially running a 103 wheelbase which helps a lot with traction anyway.

Any idea when DMS-Racing in the UK will get the F1R upgrade?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Sydewinder,

MikeR said on the HPI F10 thread that they would be doing an upgrade version, so hopefully that's confirmation.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
@MikeR

Is there going to be an R conversion for those of us that have the original Exo or are the 2 too different for it to be possible?
James is correct- there will be an upgrade kit for current EXO owners. It will be available later next week.

My ESC struggled to fit on the Exo104, it looks like it wouldn't stand a chance on the F1R..

Have you made more room for it at the rear by widening the back end near the pod links?

Sorry for all the questions dude, Just weighing up the cost of upgrading to the F1R version, it looks cool but I'm killing it with the EXO104 Wide at the moment at my local track, I don't struggle for rear traction.. but then again i'm essentially running a 103 wheelbase which helps a lot with traction anyway.

Any idea when DMS-Racing in the UK will get the F1R upgrade?
No problem
The links are indeed set wider so there will be plenty of room for the esc and receiver. The EXO104 was pretty aggressive. The F1R will have a wider set up window for more consistent lap times. It is much improved for rubber tires on lower grip tracks.
DMS has them on reserve and they will likely be shipped to the UK on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.