Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Rs v222 Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racing_jason
i would deffinately try gearing down that seems really high and maybe a slight less amount of turbo. also double check that you have your endbell timing at 0. those should help you with the brakes. i have ran this software now for a while and i have had very good success with the brakes. only other thing that it could be is a bad cap make sure the cap is good as well.
thanks Jason
I never run any endbell timing. i like the feel of gearing up a tooth then raising the endbell timing. and just from experience i find raising the timing to get the same amount as top speed with gearing creates more heat. Even with my gearing i've never blown up any motors while racing.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
While your motor temps are fine this setup is over doing the track especially with the gearing. Try turbo delay .15, 10 turbo boost, 2.0 ramp rate,45-50 on boost.

You still didn't tell me where the motors mechanical timing is set?
I have tried my car with a 34 tooth pinion when i was running 212 and i didn't like how snappy it got on me, i drove more consistent and smoother with the 36. and my mechanical timing has always been set to 0deg.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Right but if you're over geared you're not giving the motor any leverage to slow the car down.

It's like compression braking in a car. You must downshift to use it.

If you prefer the 212 braking by all means, go back to it. That's why we left both versions intact.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta
I have tried my car with a 34 tooth pinion when i was running 212 and i didn't like how snappy it got on me, i drove more consistent and smoother with the 36. and my mechanical timing has always been set to 0deg.
if it is getting snappy on you i would recomend lest boost say about 45 or so and that should smooth it out and being able to gear down. and then maybe also lengethn out your delay as well.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racing_jason
if it is getting snappy on you i would recomend lest boost say about 45 or so and that should smooth it out and being able to gear down. and then maybe also lengethn out your delay as well.
Ya, I'll give less boost with less gear a try. thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Team Tekin

We have had requests for additional brake power in boosted spec TC classes, and we are going to give it to you. We are adding a new active brake setting that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

We have had requests for additional brake power in boosted spec TC classes, and we are going to give it to you. We are adding a new active brake setting that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
When will the release be available ???
Old 02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

And this is why i go Tekin!

Thumbs up guys
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

What's the update on the V222 software, it's off the Tekin website???
Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

when its ready it will be released as V223.