Search
Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.A Morris
BTW Nice finish in WGT!!! hahaha.. I thought you were going to take it! STUPID LAST LAP!
Gee...Thanks. No one cares who finishes 2nd. 1st or last...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
The swiss guys killed it this year at IIC with the EX. Look for a setup from Philip or Sandro in the next few days....
Yes. They were fast all week! Just had some bad luck when it counted really.

EA
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gee...Thanks. No one cares who finishes 2nd. 1st or last...
Did you have a little shake and bake action going on or something? LOL
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mr.A Morris
Did you have a little shake and bake action going on or something? LOL
Board meeting + lapped traffic..... stuff happens.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Board meeting + lapped traffic..... stuff happens.
The next time we have a board meeting lets talk some corporate restructuring and profit sharing instead.

Again sorry about the incident i should have trailed back seeing i was a lap down.

On a better note I think the EX's did well at IIC, I know my car had A main written all over it if the driver could read between the lines a little better.

The new Alu blocks from Team Tamale are awesome. If you have the funds contact TOP USA Michael had quite a few sets made. There even anodized red.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
The next time we have a board meeting lets talk some corporate restructuring and profit sharing instead.

Again sorry about the incident i should have trailed back seeing i was a lap down.

On a better note I think the EX's did well at IIC, I know my car had A main written all over it if the driver could read between the lines a little better.

The new Alu blocks from Team Tamale are awesome. If you have the funds contact TOP USA Michael had quite a few sets made. There even anodized red.
We just need to get you running the right pan car and lapped traffic will start to become tour problem too
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Congrats guys!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

On Sunday took place the last out of 3 races for Greek National Championship.

TOP team didn't have a chance for the championship as we hadn't compete in all races, and all races counted! So we should have had a nice and calm race, where we could challenge for the win.

Last two Saturdays of practice proved to be just not enough to get the pace we needed for the win.Another factor was moving from nosram to hobbywing for me, so there were so many things to test and try to find the best overall setup.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On Sunday's first qualifying round there was no chance for TQ, and after 3 minute mark my motor started to slow down for the rest of the run, because of high temp.

On the other two runs my tires were just too old, and after some incidents the result was 6th place starting on the grid.

On the finals, starting from 6th, only chance was to finish up to 3rd place, as the first two were too fast to catch them starting from 6! Unfortunatelly there were again some incidents, and of cource some mistakes by me!

Final result was 5th ovrall. Not bad, but not so good, as the car was quick and easy to drive, espessially after some minor changes I made for the finals.

On the other hand, the car is really promising for the future, and after two or three more practise days, I am preety sure it will be perfect.

Dimitris
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Just want to let you guys know we are coming out with some new o-rings for the gear diff.

For those experiencing some leaking, I glued the small o-ring to the casing (outside of the o-ring to the plastic) and now it doesn't leak at all. It's a little tricky, I'll post some pics soon. This is a good temporary solution.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was reminded of something while setting my EX back to 10.5T spec last night, with relation to pinion size, you can actually get a 48P 40T gear on and back off again if you back off the motor screws off enough, it's a little tricky, but not hard, and better/faster than pulling the top deck off...
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Just want to let you guys know we are coming out with some new o-rings for the gear diff.

For those experiencing some leaking, I glued the small o-ring to the casing (outside of the o-ring to the plastic) and now it doesn't leak at all. It's a little tricky, I'll post some pics soon. This is a good temporary solution.
I soaked mine in wd-40 for a night and so far no leaks after a couple runs
Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans

I did this with a brand new diff for this weekend and not one drip of oil came out of anywhere.

Great Tip.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I did this with a brand new diff for this weekend and not one drip of oil came out of anywhere.

Great Tip.
Any pictures of this method? I've soaked my o ring in wd40 for about 4 hours and it helps with the leak, but still have a small amount coming out. I love my top EX, but this is a bit frustrating to me. Please keep us posted on when the new O ring comes out EJ. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Than
Any pictures of this method? I've soaked my o ring in wd40 for about 4 hours and it helps with the leak, but still have a small amount coming out. I love my top EX, but this is a bit frustrating to me. Please keep us posted on when the new O ring comes out EJ. Thanks.
Put some glue on the case with a q tip and then push the Oring in. I didnt really do anything complicated.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

I need help with setup on a Low Grip asphalt track with rear end of car loose on power.
Below is my setup sheet. What can I change or adjust to make the rear stable on power ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.