Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What kind of turn out does the Carpet Nats get usually?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

can i sign up at the event or do i have to do it on line?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I would sign up on line.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I would sign up on line.
I may not know till the last minute if I can make it, (work issues ) if needed will they allow onsite signup?
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Im sure they wont turn away people from entering the race. An answer from Roar would be awesome on this question.

Results from the warmup race are on mikeshobbyshop.com in the results section.

Glad we had a few out of state and out of town guys stroll in for 3 days on the rug. $15 dollars doesn't get you any more track time than what you could of got this weekend. Hope everyone makes it home safe.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
If anyone would like for this weekend to be a 4 day event for themselves, we do have a club race on thursday which has offroad and onroad races. 17.5 Sedan, 17.5 1/12th, and VTA will be options for thursday.
Please speak with Ron regarding the schedule and running a club event prior to the start of the Nationals.

Im sure they wont turn away people from entering the race. An answer from Roar would be awesome on this question.

Results from the warmup race are on mikeshobbyshop.com in the results section.

Glad we had a few out of state and out of town guys stroll in for 3 days on the rug. $15 dollars doesn't get you any more track time than what you could of got this weekend. Hope everyone makes it home safe.
Of course nobody is going to be turned away. There's a modest late fee for signing up at the track because it diverts resources from race preparation, so I would encourage everyone to sign-up before the event to save the trouble and the late fee.

FYI, if you sign up through the ROAR website, complete the payment by clicking on the PAYPAL link from the ROAR website. Then the payment is immediately registered. If, however, you close out of the ROAR website and go direct to PayPal, it's not credited as quickly and it can cause some confusion about whether payment has been received or not.

Best of luck to everyone at the event.

Last edited by SteveP; 02-20-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ROAR rule for Nationals Races

"The track may not be open for any practice for a national event prior to three days of the start
of racing. For tracks that hold ‘club’ style racing prior the event, the course must be
different than the national layout. (Except permanent tracks) It is recommended to run an
opposite direction for racing prior the event on the same layout to avoid giving local and early
arrivers an advantage."
Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteveP
Please speak with Ron regarding the schedule and running a club event prior to the start of the Nationals.

Of course nobody is going to be turned away. There's a modest late fee for signing up at the track because it diverts resources from race preparation, so I would encourage everyone to sign-up before the event to save the trouble and the late fee.

FYI, if you sign up through the ROAR website, completely the payment by clicking on the PAYPAL link from the ROAR website. Then the payment is immediately registered. If, however, you close out of the ROAR website and go direct to PayPal, it's not credited as quickly and it can cause some confusion about whether payment has been received or not.

Best of luck to everyone at the event.
Thanks Steve for the quick reply. Ron ___ . Not sure on last name so im unable to contact him without the last name :P The first quote of making it a four day weekend was geared towards this previous weekend when we had our warmup race. I know we dont plan on having an onroad type race thursday of Nationals.

I do know that AWD has sent out an email to roar about setting up and early morning open practice friday such as what we will see on saturday and sunday. I also know as of today he was still waiting on a reply (consistant issue). Since it is a 3 day event, i do recommend as a local that we have an open practice to start the traction before the "almost qualifying" practice begins. Just my opinion.

I am glad to hear that drivers can sign up before the event begins. As a fellow race organizer, I know the pain that late race entries can bring, but also know that the staff at Mikes will be very helpful at making sure everything is in good condition for when the Roar staff shows.

Bill, thanks for the rule. I know we are still looking for clarity on this ruling as we just learned about it this weekend from a racer that has been to a few nationals and saw the grey areas of it.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I do know that AWD has sent out an email to roar about setting up and early morning open practice friday such as what we will see on saturday and sunday. I also know as of today he was still waiting on a reply (consistant issue). Since it is a 3 day event, i do recommend as a local that we have an open practice to start the traction before the "almost qualifying" practice begins. Just my opinion.
I am all for this.... and I am sure other racers, especially out-of-towners, would be as well
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Running backwards was done before the Asphalt Nats at Nor-Cal; but, I do not know that it is a good practice on carpet.

Bill
Old 02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Club race Thursday and open practice friday morning lets do it! It might even draw more people as it would give them some actual practice time!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Steve for the quick reply. Ron ___ . Not sure on last name so im unable to contact him without the last name :P The first quote of making it a four day weekend was geared towards this previous weekend when we had our warmup race. I know we dont plan on having an onroad type race thursday of Nationals.

I am glad to hear that drivers can sign up before the event begins. As a fellow race organizer, I know the pain that late race entries can bring, but also know that the staff at Mikes will be very helpful at making sure everything is in good condition for when the Roar staff shows.

Bill, thanks for the rule. I know we are still looking for clarity on this ruling as we just learned about it this weekend from a racer that has been to a few nationals and saw the grey areas of it.
Our contact person is Andrew D. I have a call into him.

To clarify there is no practice or race 3 days prior to the Nationals for any participant of the ROAR Nationals.

There will be limited session practice in the morning before the 2 rounds of controlled practice. 2 minute sessions is my expectation and they will be available each morning.

Hope this helps
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just to clarify the practice to seed the heats, these will be setup as heats correct? We won't be in just a controlled practice with 7-10 cars on the track at one time, right?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

BS-
Correct. It will look just like qualifying with random racers of the same motor and car type in each race.When qualifying begins it will be no different, except you will be placed according to your fastest 3 consecutive laps.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

That's what I was hoping, but there was a little confusion on how this would be handled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.